Revert number of supply trucks petition

DoktorvonWer
General

Re: Revert number of supply trucks petition

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 2 Dec 2013 11:57

teslars wrote:-1

the new supply meta is much better than before.

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant

Postby MadMantiz » Mon 2 Dec 2013 11:58

Keinutnai wrote:
Kamil wrote:2x FOB + 1 truck = 38k

We have enough supplies, but not enough trucks!

Your suggestion gives me only 6k of resources in 6 trucks. How can 6 jupiters keep my air defense network online against air spam. I need 4 trucks to resupply 4 ihawks alone! And i need to repair and rearm my damaged tanks and resupply my atgm and inf in cities.

Impossible with 6 jupiters. Unless fob receive legs!

This seems to be exactly what those supporting the truck availability changes want. They want to be able to be able to use planes without worrying for AA as most of it will be dried after the first few passes.

Regardless of what opinion one might have on that aspect, it also makes it very difficult due to fuel reasons to use a lot of land based vehicles on larger maps now as they removed many call-in points.

+1 btw

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:06

Keinutnai wrote:Having few trucks is unrealistic and has nothing to do with tactical decisions.
Kamil wrote:2x FOB + 1 truck = 38k

We have enough supplies, but not enough trucks!

Your suggestion gives me only 6k of resources in 6 trucks. How can 6 jupiters keep my air defense network online against air spam. I need 4 trucks to resupply 4 ihawks alone! And i need to repair and rearm my damaged tanks and resupply my atgm and inf in cities.

Impossible with 6 jupiters. Unless fob receive legs!

This is a really good line of thinking.

"I need 20 trucks to resupply my 20 ihawks alone!! what about my 8 chaps as well! I need atleast 20.000 supply per card to fuel it all!

Ihawks are the worst units you can buy against air spam, with low rate of fire, low turn rate of the missile and the supply consumption, and you've probably stacked a full group of them so they're always focusing on 1 jet at a time, essentially wasting over half of their firepower.

I fix this thinking:

get 1 or 2 Ihawks in the back, fast firing aa up front (track rapier, avenger,manpads). Planes have 10 hp, Ihawk reduces that to 2. Most missiles do 4-6 damage = Jet gets hit by Ihawk missile followed by dying to the secondary AA missile fired by rapier/avenger or something similiar.

Congrats, you've saved yourself deployment points while reducing your risk to your aa as well as downing enemy jets more reliably and saving your precious supplies for your tanks and atgm.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:08

One of the best things this supply change does it make it harder for you to keep all 20 of your long-range AAs supplied, incidentally.

Gekko
Corporal

Postby Gekko » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:12

No...

Adapt and deal, it makes the game harder yes... but then you need to be able to manage yourself properly, the whole new usage of covert tactics such as special forces and deep strike to take out supply convoys adds an extra depth I haven't seen in strategic games before.

It would be a shame to strangle the innovation in an infancy stage, due to the unfortunate notion that some players are stuck in their preloaded ways and are unwilling to evolve like the game.

If it comes down too some high tier units swallowing supply too fast (such as the Ka-50, long range missile) then you need to think more strategic when it comes to it's usage instead of high level ordnance spam. (Turn off expensive AA until targets that a worth it present themselves)

If you're more supply truck worried, then maybe use a pre 80's deck, or even a 75.

I normally use 75 mix just for this reason, I do have a high tech deck, but the play style compared to my 75 is completely different.

teslars
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby teslars » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:14

And i'm happy to see that the "defensive line of doom spam 20 ATGM olol unlimited ammo" are done. The first wave will be butthurt but the second can actually goes though since the enemy units will need a momentum.

terror51247
Major

Postby terror51247 » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:39

+1
How can anyone play to a faction's strength if the major flavour of that faction is overpriced units in every category?

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:41

Now logistics are a part of the game, before it was nothing to care about

von Luck
Sergeant First-Class

Postby von Luck » Mon 2 Dec 2013 12:54

New logistics make it much more interesting. Sure you have to work harder to supply things however if you REALLY wanted more supply then you have the option open to increase your logistics slots to encompass more supply vehicles.

von Luck

Cpt.Lithuania
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Cpt.Lithuania » Mon 2 Dec 2013 13:29

K98-Schütze[GER] wrote:
Tiera wrote:-1, supply is no longer a free lunch and requires tactical decisions instead.

With same arguments we can say: "Decrease availibility of tanks down to 2 cards with each 4 in them. You must make tactical decisions with just 8 tanks the next 50 minutes."

The change of decreasing the supply system in this way, only suits people NOW, which were not able to use proper supply organisation before patch.

Yes, a free FOB would be great, increased supply at FOB is good - also decrease supply per truck....but the trucks per card, was to much by reducing 50%.

EDIT:
I could not find a thread about "...we have to much supply...." BEFORE patch.....what makes me guessing, that this indirect buff to some kind of gameplay by mechanics, which many player use, suit them a lot, without watching to the other side via balance.

Organisation before patch was: Take 2-3 cards of supply trucks and call them in wherever you need them. And when they're out of supplies either hide them in the corner or drive towards the enemy so he captures them and has useless empty supply trucks.

Supply trucks currently is something that needs to be protected and is very valuable unlike it was before the patch and I like it this way. Destroying enemy supply trucks or capturing them now actually matters alot and before patch if you lost 3 supply trucks you could always call in 10 more.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”