Revert number of supply trucks petition

Khaderbhai
Corporal

Re: Revert number of supply trucks petition

Postby Khaderbhai » Mon 2 Dec 2013 13:30

It's way beetter now, it adds a new layer to gameplay.

Firstfelix
Staff Sergeant

Postby Firstfelix » Mon 2 Dec 2013 13:50

It is a massive improvement

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 2 Dec 2013 13:58

Very nice, everyone who plays short conquest games that end after 10-30 mins on average has posted, and all those who play 4v4 Total destruction must suffer?

For once play a single 4v4 total destruction that lasts 1 hour against a good team and you will know what I am talking about.

Supply are cheap and abundant in RL,
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:00

Supply trucks are cheap and abundant in REAL LIFE, they should be abundant in the game too.

Supply attacks should be fixed differently.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Aikmofobi
Lieutenant

Postby Aikmofobi » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:03

Supply abundant in real life? You have no idea about military operations do you?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:03

Keinutnai wrote:Supply trucks are cheap and abundant in REAL LIFE, they should be abundant in the game too.

Not really, lol.

Want me to find you the massive lists of situations where the British army was deployed without enough kit and supply?

Or the US marines?

Or the other several dozen conflicts which had this same situation for other nations?

Seriously, as it is now is fine, they dont carry enough supplies to arm a whole damn division for a single battalion/regimental strength formation.

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:03

Really, I dont understand you guys.

Would it be such an untactical thing, when the trucks per card would be increased a little?
For example East Germany: 2 cards = 8 trucks at all.
Would it be so bad to increase it to 2 cards = 12 trucks at all?

You pay for supply trucks, the amount of supply per truck was decreased.....just giving few trucks back, would allow also for East Germany to act more tactical.

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:06

Keinutnai wrote:Supply trucks are cheap and abundant in REAL LIFE, they should be abundant in the game too.

Supplies on the battlefield, abundant? L2Reality.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:07

K98-Schütze[GER] wrote:Really, I dont understand you guys.

Would it be such an untactical thing, when the trucks per card would be increased a little?
For example East Germany: 2 cards = 8 trucks at all.
Would it be so bad to increase it to 2 cards = 12 trucks at all?

You pay for supply trucks, the amount of supply per truck was decreased.....just giving few trucks back, would allow also for East Germany to act more tactical.

Would it be such a bad thing to give it a go with the current levels of supply?

I mean, i have had no problems so far with attacking across the whole map of ragnarok with the current supply line, people just need to think outside the box, prepare before hand and actually deploy kit smartly and decide what to resupply.

You use arty? Fire it off, resupply as little as you must, only so it can fire as required, it doesnt need to have 160 rounds ready for your 3 arty pieces.

You using 2 lines of tanks? Resupply the tanks which are more likely to live longer first, the guy in front has 20 rounds, thats enough for the fight, he will either not use it all or die, wasted supplies loading him up to 40 which he wont use.

Things like that.

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:17

@DeuZerre
In real life, there is also not such an fast air support....
....not an argument so far. The maps arent show the hole war, where I could understand supply issues maybe. The maps are showing a clash of 2 prepared armies. Otherwise we should call in units in the future, which have morale penalties, caused of bombed cities, with half-destroyed tanks, cause of an earlier battle.....

@MitchVerr
Funny - today I was using first time artillery since a very very long time. Even some jets. I am forced to do, normally I wouldnt.
I am thinking very outside the box, rotation of supplies and organisation were always done by me.
Yes, not necessary to supply everything to maximum, at last there are some, how you wrote, important units for attack and mobile defense which should be supplied more often.
Now I experience more patt situations and stalemates - to spam (unrealistic --> now you may think outside the box) jets are not a mobile warfare.

Seriously guys:
Why not talk about decrease tanks to just 2 cards with 8 tanks at all.
(*sarcasm on*) I am sure, when thinking outside the box, everybody can use it on a large map, minimum 50 minuts (*sarcasm off*)

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”