Revert number of supply trucks petition

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: Revert number of supply trucks petition

Postby DeuZerre » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:23

K98-Schütze[GER] wrote:@DeuZerre
In real life, there is also not such an fast air support....
....not an argument so far. The maps arent show the hole war, where I could understand supply issues maybe. The maps are showing a clash of 2 prepared armies. Otherwise we should call in units in the future, which have morale penalties, caused of bombed cities, with half-destroyed tanks, cause of an earlier battle.....

Supplies were irrelevant before patch. Now they are relevant. You need to worry about them.

It's about authenticity: Planes may not be so immediate to respond (except if they're flying nearby) or flying that low, but they're an important part of the battlefield.

Supplies weren't, now they are.

I was countering his bad argument about supplies being "everywhere" in reality.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:24

Keinutnai wrote:Very nice, everyone who plays short conquest games that end after 10-30 mins on average has posted, and all those who play 4v4 Total destruction must suffer?

For once play a single 4v4 total destruction that lasts 1 hour against a good team and you will know what I am talking about.

Supply are cheap and abundant in RL,

Most of the good conquest games I play last to the 40 minute mark using 2 supply cards. You're playing an hour long splergfest where gained ground or income advantage is a trivial thing.

Just take more logistics if supplying your 12 ihawks and 8 chaps becomes an issue, I'd personally recommend like a fob, hemmt and a chinook card.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:27

Sleksa wrote:Most of the good conquest games I play last to the 40 minute mark using 2 supply cards. You're playing an hour long splergfest where gained ground or income advantage is a trivial thing.

Just take more logistics if supplying your 12 ihawks and 8 chaps becomes an issue, I'd personally recommend like a fob, hemmt and a chinook card.

This, right now if i 10v10 or large battle, i will take 2 fobs and 2 stacks of chinooks (british chinook best in my view, you get an extra per card and iirc they now bring in even more supply then the american varient and may not carry as much per chopper, but least you got the spare).

Sure i wont use it all most the time, but at least its there for my allies also, i supply everyone who asks and still do fine, i honestly dont see how people use all their supplies, are they bringing in the bare minimum of supply or something? I always brought in a good 3-4 cards of supply, now i just replace 1 or 2 with fobs.
Last edited by Mitchverr on Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:28

DeuZerre wrote:
K98-Schütze[GER] wrote:@DeuZerre
In real life, there is also not such an fast air support....
....not an argument so far. The maps arent show the hole war, where I could understand supply issues maybe. The maps are showing a clash of 2 prepared armies. Otherwise we should call in units in the future, which have morale penalties, caused of bombed cities, with half-destroyed tanks, cause of an earlier battle.....

Supplies were irrelevant before patch. Now they are relevant. You need to worry about them.

It's about authenticity: Planes may not be so immediate to respond (except if they're flying nearby) or flying that low, but they're an important part of the battlefield.

Supplies weren't, now they are.

I was countering his bad argument about supplies being "everywhere" in reality.

I don't say the intention of Eugen is bad.
I just say, the decrease of supply trucks was for some reasons (larger maps, balance Pact and Nato cause of rockets, national decks nerfed strongly cause of it, balance AA to magic beam jets on battlefield, player freedom to choose, mobile warfare get decreased, long battles, player focus to frontline in intensive battles) to hard.

Phips
Sergeant Major

Postby Phips » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:29

worst is that not only did my supply trucks get cut in half I also had to take a fob into the deck kicking even more fighting units out. if there was at least the free fob for each player at the start I could enjoy this supply unit cut but like that I guess I'll have to steal from public players because hey why not.

all my decks feel crippled now.

monochromatic
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby monochromatic » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:32

The new supply mechanics are waaaay better.

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:38

Just an example:

It was a 2 vs 2 match, very long. Cant remember if my comrade used artillery, but me not. Also no jets.
This was before patch.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5273/fl33.jpg

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:40

K98-Schütze[GER] wrote:Just an example:

It was a 2 vs 2 match, very long. Cant remember if my comrade used artillery, but me not. Also no jets.
This was before patch.

It doesnt say anything, how much supply, deck composition etc? What did you use?

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:44

Mitchverr wrote:
K98-Schütze[GER] wrote:Just an example:

This was before patch.

It doesnt say anything, how much supply, deck composition etc? What did you use?

Much Infantry, also ATGM, BMP2, BMP1, Mi28, T64, T80, BUKs, OSAs, Tunguska, ...
Supply was FOB, 2 cards of paid supply trucks in rotation.

Custer85
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Custer85 » Mon 2 Dec 2013 14:55

+1

Reducing the number of supply trucks, combined with the removal of several foreward reinforcement sectors has made the game far more static then it used to be.
I know its more beginner friendly now but I prefer a more aggrassive gameplay.

Other than that:
I thought Eugen said they wanted to have equal ammounts of total supplies for each card, no matter what kind of vehicle it is. That is not true for quite a couple of vehicles, that still have more suply then other cards have.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”