stuck in the mud on a road

Suriel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: stuck in the mud on a road

Postby Suriel » Tue 3 Dec 2013 19:17

It 's not that bad.;) It is not like the tank is 3 big pixels;) But my first games where on PC with 16Mhrz if I remember correctly

awesomeman5
Corporal

Postby awesomeman5 » Tue 3 Dec 2013 19:32

smyljr wrote:ohjeez.jpg

Best screenshot name for the situation. Ever.

Also, from the pic, it looks like maybe the T-64 is in mud? But I can't tell if that penalty is going to the BDRM or the T-64. Maybe the 64 splashed it on the BDRM? Regardless, I do agree, I've seen penalties applied to situations that made no sense at all.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Tue 3 Dec 2013 19:50

I think I can explain this situation. Might not apply, but bear with me.

Quite often when vehicles overtake each other they swing off road on one side for a little while. Now I don't know how wide the road actually is in the files, but if we assume it is perfect, then the overtaking unit could get stuck in the mud but rolls on for a few meters until it stops.
These mobility criticals are just modifiers that needs to run out. I'm sure we have all experienced a BTR that experienced one of the slowdown criticals and then got onto the road and still moved like a snail.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 3 Dec 2013 21:04

I was thinking about this, and is it possible to maybe add more visuals to make this more pheasible?

Also, how much of a chance do we have to get some weather up in here?

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Wed 4 Dec 2013 01:14

to clarify things, this was the very start of a 10v10 ragnarok, and it was my cv that got stuck, on an unblemished road.

as for the graphics, my once mighty computer struggles to stream movies and play wargame at the same time, while it used to manage medium high, its almost time for a new 1gb gpu
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Kilrauko
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kilrauko » Wed 4 Dec 2013 01:52

I just *love* when even the brony with "love and tolerate" on his avatar is willing to gangpile on people's specs. Humans always gotta have someone to look down. Also what Kraxis said, badly timed crit, since we don't have system where crit timers can be cleared faster due to, say being inside supply as opposed to being alone in middle of the woods, it just mandatory immersion breaker for now.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Wed 4 Dec 2013 02:13

zebtucker wrote:Dident know you could make the game look that awful :(

It looks like... sprites :shock:

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 4 Dec 2013 02:13

Kilrauko wrote:I just *love* when even the brony with "love and tolerate" on his avatar is willing to gangpile on people's specs. Humans always gotta have someone to look down. Also what Kraxis said, badly timed crit, since we don't have system where crit timers can be cleared faster due to, say being inside supply as opposed to being alone in middle of the woods, it just mandatory immersion breaker for now.

Since when did I 'gangpile' on your specs?

You do realize that I've never lost my temper, and 'love and tolerate' is a guideline not a rule.

Why should people look down on me? It seems to be a contradiction in it of itself.

Major Duck
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Major Duck » Wed 4 Dec 2013 03:39

I always consider those things as the stuff that's not suppose to happen but do anyway, like one of my drivers who rand out of motor oil for his M109A3 in a crossing and when the mechanic asked him why the master warning(for low oil or coolant) diddent have a light bulb, he told him that it was always shining so he could not see in the dark so he removed it, or a puncture or one of a million other small accidents/faults that's takes time and slow down your perfectly maintained/commanded super army :lol:

Murphy s military rule nr 1 : "Remember anything takes a 15 min, miracles takes 30 min" (That's one of those military rules that's universally true just ask any service man.) :lol:
Image Happy New Year

Kilrauko
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kilrauko » Wed 4 Dec 2013 13:08

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Since when did I 'gangpile' on your specs?

You do realize that I've never lost my temper, and 'love and tolerate' is a guideline not a rule.

Why should people look down on me? It seems to be a contradiction in it of itself.

Never said you gangpiled on my specs, after all that would be interesting as I can run the game maxed out @1680 and as for the rules, if peeps were breaking any rules, there would be reporting going on. Neither did I say people should look down on you, instead pointing out how you (and others) look down on someone else (the peeps running w:ee/w:ab in very low spec comps) instead rolling with "live and let live." I picked you as example due to your avatar's "guideline" giving nice irony related how you act when given freedom.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”