Lillehammer

arotished
Sergeant First-Class

Lillehammer

Postby arotished » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:03

Just need to get this of my chest.....they have really destroyed this map after they removed the spawnpoints. The map is just to big with only spawnpoints on the end of each map...

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Re: Lillehammer

Postby raventhefuhrer » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:04

While the spawn zones on either side, next to huge and easily defensible cities, was too much...I do agree that the current situation isn't ideal either. The problem is, I'm not sure where you could put new spawn zones...maybe in the other two corners of the map where the new zones were added, I guess.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:09

Too big? LMAO! Have you seen Open Range? Too bad nothing in W:ALB cab provide that sort of pace and overall experience. Hopefully at least 50% of the W:RD maps will.

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sunshine » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:36

Was about to post about Lillehammer as well.
It was kinda bad before (this map is just made for stalling, isn't it?) but now it is worse. Bring back the lateral spawn sectors so reinforcements do not need 2hrs before they arrive.

Try to get an I-Hawk there, or any British tank... it's more fun to watch paint dry...
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

nimitz98
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby nimitz98 » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:41

Or add more roads. That would be nice.
EF-111 RAVEN -- UNSTOPPABLE MENACE TO CVs -- PLZ NERF
Spoiler : :

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:48

Side spawns that can be contested by either side at the start => a bad conquest map. If you took both of them off the start, you won the game.

While moving them would have works, removing them adds some challenge to the map which isn't present in many other maps. Variety is good.

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sunshine » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:52

Tigga wrote:If you took both of them off the start, you won the game.

...and deserved to.
Whats your problem?
Also, I won rounds where the enemy DID had both lateral sectors.

People should get rid of that Starcraft gameplay.
Wargame matches are over when they are over, not when you lost a precious sector or unit.
Everything is possible, people just quit too early.

Same with Vasterbotten's city.
So the enemy holds both the city sectors?
Who cares, just kill more stuff than he does and win after all.
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Mon 9 Dec 2013 22:58

Sunshine wrote:Was about to post about Lillehammer as well.
It was kinda bad before (this map is just made for stalling, isn't it?) but now it is worse. Bring back the lateral spawn sectors so reinforcements do not need 2hrs before they arrive.

Try to get an I-Hawk there, or any British tank... it's more fun to watch paint dry...

I actually think it's pretty lame when units arrive instantly and right into battle. No predictions&planning whatsoever.

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sunshine » Mon 9 Dec 2013 23:02

DiabloTigerSix wrote:
Sunshine wrote:Was about to post about Lillehammer as well.

I actually think it's pretty lame when units arrive instantly and right into battle. No predictions&planning whatsoever.

Agreed.
But in Lillehammer's case this is better than to wait forever for that I-HAWK to arrive... or a supply truck. Or whatever.
It's just too much.

The lateral spawns grant some possibilities and quicker actions, make it more likely to break through an defensive line.
Right now everyone takes their and arty-snipes the best possible targets or uses air strikes until time runs up.

There is just no possibility for maneuvers.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Mon 9 Dec 2013 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Gunner
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Gunner » Mon 9 Dec 2013 23:10

That is just not true, I love the changes to the Lillehammer map as they now allow for large scale offencives that wont be countered immediately by newly spawned units. To break through one needs to use "maskirovka".

If the game grinds to a halt it should be because you are not playing total dest or conquest, if so you are doomed to a round of WEE in ALB format.(arty sniping to achieve more points than the enemy.
"Semper Paratus"

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”