Lillehammer

RangerPL
Major

Re: Lillehammer

Postby RangerPL » Mon 9 Dec 2013 23:48

The spawn zones wouldn't be a problem if the road network wasn't so terrible. Getting units to either side of the map takes forever because you inevitably end up driving across open ground at some point, even when fast moving. Sending units to the far side of the map (the left) can only be done over one road, which is so close to the front that it can easily be interdicted with ATGMs.

Lillehammer could have been a cool map for tank battles, but right now it essentially belongs to whoever has the most helicopters.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Lillehammer has become the worst map in the game. I purposely avoid it because it's so tedious to play on.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 9 Dec 2013 23:54

My problem with Lillehammer is the fact that the woods behind the side city zones become a massive infantry flank fest. It's not a big problem, it's just really annoying that you have to shift a decent amount of infantry over to those woods to prevent getting owned by Spetsnaz and Komandosi spam making it around to your air spawn.

Not a huge issue, just a pet peeve.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:06

arotished wrote: now it takes 10 min to get your tanks to the frontline and when they finally get there, they need fuel supply.

Music to my ears! I mean what's wrong with logistics actually having a purpose? They put fuel in the game for a reason. And 10 minutes is an exaggeration.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:16

shomu1 wrote:My problem with Lillehammer is the fact that the woods behind the side city zones become a massive infantry flank fest. It's not a big problem, it's just really annoying that you have to shift a decent amount of infantry over to those woods to prevent getting owned by Spetsnaz and Komandosi spam making it around to your air spawn.

Just send in a small blob of reservists/line inf as a speed bump and kill the enemy inf with artillery while they busy are slaughtering your weak infantry.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:25

Mako wrote:
shomu1 wrote:My problem with Lillehammer is the fact that the woods behind the side city zones become a massive infantry flank fest. It's not a big problem, it's just really annoying that you have to shift a decent amount of infantry over to those woods to prevent getting owned by Spetsnaz and Komandosi spam making it around to your air spawn.

Just send in a small blob of reservists/line inf as a speed bump and kill the enemy inf with artillery while they busy are slaughtering your weak infantry.

That's what I've been doing. It's just annoying to have to shift forces over there. Then again I do get extra Bradleys out of it. :P

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:27

I love it now.
k

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:31

arotished wrote:With the new supply system and removal of the side spawns, hole map becames a huge stalemate.

What? The two point sectors in the corner are really quite dynamic. Because the spawns are far away you can actually get some momentum going in an attack before a wave of counters is spawned in your face.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:39

Tigga wrote:
arotished wrote:With the new supply system and removal of the side spawns, hole map becames a huge stalemate.

What? The two point sectors in the corner are really quite dynamic. Because the spawns are far away you can actually get some momentum going in an attack before a wave of counters is spawned in your face.

I wonder why so many people have trouble understanding this.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Tue 10 Dec 2013 00:46

It just play a bit too slow.. maybe PACT can do, but having Murrica to organize any kind of competent attack is hilarious..

- supply ( repair, refuel ) start-game units
- keep shuttling supplies with your pity few trucks as you surely don't have enough to fuel / repair / resupply that war-machine in one go
- remember to keep some trucks on frontline so I-Hawks / M48s can actually shoot more than once or twice ( the former also need truck to just be able to move); preferably HEMMITs
- get some reinforcements to have units to actually commence a serious, well prepared attack
- refuel the reinforcements as they have half-depleted(?) tanks before they reach frontline
- shuttle more supplies as surely there was one or two planes flying by, so you M48s/ I-Hawks are all but not-dry and eat the tanks refuel in meantime
- get some more AA
- do another ~2 supply runs just to get them (AA) combat-ready on frontline
- if anywhere during that attack preparations your AA opened fire, add another supply run
- finally get the trucks resupplied just before the attack so after / during it they can supply (again) I-Hawks or repair critically damaged HV stuff you have there

... maybe just add a Highway in the middle plane, going from one spawn to other directly? :lol: :lol:

arotished
Sergeant First-Class

Postby arotished » Tue 10 Dec 2013 01:36

Tigga wrote:

I do see what you mean but most of the time I have been playing this map after the change, 80% of the time is just waiting for the units to arrive to the front.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”