Lillehammer

D-M

Re: Lillehammer

Postby D-M » Tue 10 Dec 2013 01:44

DiabloTigerSix wrote:Too big? LMAO! Have you seen Open Range? Too bad nothing in W:ALB cab provide that sort of pace and overall experience. Hopefully at least 50% of the W:RD maps will.

Actually if you play 10v10 maps with 4v4 players you get pretty much that. We tested this on the LVA server with 8000pts and it was great, even on Ragnarok.
only few servers that do this sadly.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Tue 10 Dec 2013 01:45

arotished wrote:
Tigga wrote:
arotished wrote:With the new supply system and removal of the side spawns, hole map becames a huge stalemate.

What? The two point sectors in the corner are really quite dynamic. Because the spawns are far away you can actually get some momentum going in an attack before a wave of counters is spawned in your face.

I do see what you mean but most of the time I have been playing this map after the change, 80% of the time is just waiting for the units to arrive to the front.

http://i.imgur.com/fL29W36.jpg
k

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Tue 10 Dec 2013 01:49

arotished wrote:
Tigga wrote:
arotished wrote:With the new supply system and removal of the side spawns, hole map becames a huge stalemate.

What? The two point sectors in the corner are really quite dynamic. Because the spawns are far away you can actually get some momentum going in an attack before a wave of counters is spawned in your face.

I do see what you mean but most of the time I have been playing this map after the change, 80% of the time is just waiting for the units to arrive to the front.
Lucky you ! Think to the poor people who cannot afford the few clicks to send their trucks back to the FOB and bring them back ! :mrgreen:

They don't know the cheat code to have constant supply flow :
M, LMB on the FOB, M, Shift+LMB behind your lines

(Protip : Rebind move fast on F !)
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 10 Dec 2013 02:09

Oh I always though I had to press Lshift even when pressing M which is kinda complicated due to these ridiculously proportioned hands of mine.

arotished
Sergeant First-Class

Postby arotished » Tue 10 Dec 2013 02:23

Hmm, havent seen helis traporting heavy hardware on WAB, have I missed this section?`

FLX wrote:Lucky you ! Think to the poor people who cannot afford the few clicks to send their trucks back to the FOB and bring them back ! :mrgreen:

They don't know the cheat code to have constant supply flow :
M, LMB on the FOB, M, Shift+LMB behind your lines

(Protip : Rebind move fast on F !)

Come on, its not mainly about the supply (ok, it sucks that you limited supply needs to go to fuel) but its about the time it takes for the tank to spawn to it get to the center of the map (and then used more then 50% of its fuel but anyway)...it seems that I'm the only one which are not happy (cant make them all happy :ugeek: ) with the new Lillehammer map (kinda thought that there would be more) so I guess I just have to live with it. I just wanted to get it of my chest..

I do like some of the ideas of making better roads on Lillehammer but guess thats never gonna happen..

triumph
Major

Postby triumph » Tue 10 Dec 2013 02:56

Just have the zone next to main be a slightly forward reinforcement zone.

For visual see the white arrows on hotel and fox. Map retains its theme without making me want to scream at someone for not having max offroad and 150 road speed AA in their omni.
http://i.imgur.com/sdDyhF1.jpg
Transcend Excellence

RangerPL
Major

Postby RangerPL » Tue 10 Dec 2013 05:22

I'd suggest doing this: http://i.imgur.com/kLmuA4r.jpg

Now it's easier to deploy units to the "far side", without having those spammy side spawns.

elmoking
Lieutenant

Postby elmoking » Tue 10 Dec 2013 05:30

Lillehammer is one of the best WALB maps. It's now actually possible to contest the hill areas on the opposing side if it's actually taken.

triumph
Major

Postby triumph » Tue 10 Dec 2013 05:32

@rangerpl

I thought about that too but you're basically creating the same situation as before but instead of the mid you're saying that hot/india or echo/fox should never be captured. Maybe denied. The big issue is just getting units towards a focal point is just frustrating even though all the major sectors could be dynamic and fun with the current set up.
Transcend Excellence

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 10 Dec 2013 06:49

great, more heli transport inf.

they are like mandatory in this game.............

you can do it without them, but you lose huge advantages, and now a map that further promotes them...
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”