So does anyone know what HE means? (Nighthawk)

Bodybag2224
Sergeant Major of the Army

So does anyone know what HE means? (Nighthawk)

Postby Bodybag2224 » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:34

I'm just really curious. Why do NATO players insist on dropping the Paveway on my tanks? It does only a few bars of damage and it is never used in conjunction with like a ground attack or something like that. I just get casually bombed and it just blows my mind. I thought maybe it was just a coincidence but I've seen this in the last 30 or so games I've played.

Is there some sort of thread or post where someone claimed this a good thing to do?

This is my PSA for 2013, HE does next to nothing to tanks, please use your Nighthawk to bomb expensive infantry, AA and expensive soft skinned vehicles. Please stop bombing T72s, T64s and T80s. All it does is make me have to call out a few supply trucks and have it fix 2 bars of damage, while effectively making your 150 point plane completely pointless.

GBNATO
General

Re: So does anyone know what HE means? (Nighthawk)

Postby GBNATO » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:36

Haters gonna hate

Potatoes gonna Potate

and Nightawks gonna bomb EVERYTHING EVER!

mnkymanfoo
Command Sergeant Major

Postby mnkymanfoo » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:40

It used to be that the Paveway would target the top armor of vehicles, that way it would insta gib most anything it came across. That isn't the case anymore but people still haven't caught on.

bringers
Sergeant

Postby bringers » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:44

I still like to use my Nighthawks to target armour; specially if they are poising to attack. Normally my Nighthawk will get away with no repercussions and avoids dreaded interceptors circling over enemy ADN. It will damage the tanks and cause moral damage. Also if a player like you pulls out supply trucks to repair the few bars of damage then I will arty your supply trucks or Nighthawk them; specially since supply trucks actually mater now.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:44

A damaged tank needs repairs, and if its the only thing outside the air defence, well, why not?

Though personally i would rather go with getting 4 skyhawks and kill the tank :lol:

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:47

mnkymanfoo wrote:It used to be that the Paveway would target the top armor of vehicles, that way it would insta gib most anything it came across. That isn't the case anymore but people still haven't caught on.

Not only Paveway...

1000kg bombs of Norwegian F-16 or 'murican F-15 could easily vaporize whole assaults.

Bodybag2224 wrote:I'm just really curious. Why do NATO players insist on dropping the Paveway on my tanks?

Because they can.

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Thu 26 Dec 2013 00:55

Mitchverr wrote:A damaged tank needs repairs, and if its the only thing outside the air defence, well, why not?

Though personally i would rather go with getting 4 skyhawks and kill the tank :lol:

So you're that guy

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 26 Dec 2013 01:00

JBravo wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:A damaged tank needs repairs, and if its the only thing outside the air defence, well, why not?

So you're that guy

Well if i am US marines, what else am i supposed to use to kill the T80UK trolling out a flag like its cool?

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 26 Dec 2013 01:34

Mitchverr wrote:

Well if i am US marines, what else am i supposed to use to kill the T80UK trolling out a flag like its cool?

F/A-18Cs? :P
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Thu 26 Dec 2013 01:36

The thing that bothers me about how most ground attack aircraft work in this game is that it makes maneuvering very dangerous unless you take a full complement of AA with you, which usually isn't the point of sending a flanking force around the edge of the map. One HE bomb from a nighthawk can pretty much decimate everything you have, while leaving the rest useless (panicked) for a few minutes.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”