Mistakes you made as a newbie (W:AB and W:EE)

McMacky
Master Sergeant

Re: Mistakes you made as a newbie (W:AB and W:EE)

Postby McMacky » Wed 8 Jan 2014 06:23

"lololol this tank cost 145 points, that means it's invincible!"- Thought before losing a heavy tank to a gunship.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 8 Jan 2014 06:28

One time I tried playing a 1985 US Marine deck.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Wed 8 Jan 2014 06:30

What's wrong with a 1985 USMC deck? Other than not having 4 Tomcats.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 8 Jan 2014 06:30

raventhefuhrer wrote:What's wrong with a 1985 USMC deck? Other than not having 4 Tomcats.

That's the whole problem.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Wed 8 Jan 2014 06:35

After the (slight) Tomcat nerf I don't think it's that huge a problem. If you need more than two, chances are you're being too reckless with them. Or you're trying to be too cheap with them ;)
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 8 Jan 2014 08:59

This was before the first availability nerf, so Tomcats were super ridiculous.

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Wed 8 Jan 2014 10:06

UnfriendlyFire wrote:
wekwek_noob wrote:W:ALB

Using helicopters in the alpha.

Was that when Tomcats and Mig 31s could target helos with their radar missiles?

Yes. All plane missiles can be used on a heli in max range. Although there was no Mig 31s yet at that time.

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Thu 9 Jan 2014 23:15

A little off-topic but you can count these as a newbie mistakes (if I continue doing these, I deserve to get called total noob). All these happened at 3v3 Glorious Design tournament.

1. We knew, our dogs new, our mothers knew and even I knew how opposing team is going to play. Did we build our strategy to counter theirs? No, we picked strategy which was easiest them to beat. This was collective team mistake but as a some kind of leader, I count this to my newbie mistake.

2. Deployed CV at start to capture side spawn point just to notice it's not anymore spawn point. Noticing it's not anymore spawn point didn't happen during game but after game... how blind human can be, I wonder afterwards.

3. Played economy and wondered whole match how the hell those points are ticking and spend all my points to cannon food (~1200 kills, ~2800 casualties). Totally forget how to gain victory points at economy.

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Fri 10 Jan 2014 00:21

SikkeSakke wrote:A little off-topic but you can count these as a newbie mistakes (if I continue doing these, I deserve to get called total noob). All these happened at 3v3 Glorious Design tournament.

1. We knew, our dogs new, our mothers knew and even I knew how opposing team is going to play. Did we build our strategy to counter theirs? No, we picked strategy which was easiest them to beat. This was collective team mistake but as a some kind of leader, I count this to my newbie mistake.

2. Deployed CV at start to capture side spawn point just to notice it's not anymore spawn point. Noticing it's not anymore spawn point didn't happen during game but after game... how blind human can be, I wonder afterwards.

3. Played economy and wondered whole match how the hell those points are ticking and spend all my points to cannon food (~1200 kills, ~2800 casualties). Totally forget how to gain victory points at economy.

Watched Troublemakers and Rangroos cast,my reaction was 5 apm Sikke is in the wrong movie again :o,i was just wondering if you noticed it at the end or during the match,but now you answered me :-) .It seems Economy is going to be the most played mode in this tourney due the veto system,some more teams have fallen,WTF? for example today...So more nooby mistakes to come :) .

goodman528
Sergeant

Postby goodman528 » Sun 12 Jan 2014 05:20

Human wave in EE with unloaded inf. That kind of worked. Then discovered mass APC rush, because everything just melt away when you click that unload button. The trick was to never unload everything at once, and always keep moving, and move empty APC alongside your loaded APC to waste enemy ammo. The counter was helo spam.

Tried to use human wave tactics in 10v10 in ALB beta... ... desync. Then in ALB release... ... crashed to a slide show. It was awesome though to see thousands of men charging down a mountain while getting bombed, hit by artillery, tanks, and auto-cannons.

I hope the game engine gets improved for RD, because the first thing I will try is human wave :-) I want to see what a full infantry division of 10k Chinese and North Koreans charging down a mountain looks like. And hopefully morale system gets changed enough so that when they get there they can actually kill some stuff.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”