Ex-Service Personnel Required.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Ex-Service Personnel Required.

Postby Hidden Gunman » Fri 3 Jan 2014 22:25

I am hoping to put together a list of ex-service personnel that we can draw on for 'local knowledge' to assist in game authenticity.

Please refer to this thread to participate, thanks:

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=37859
Last edited by Shifu on Fri 3 Jan 2014 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sticky
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Ex-Service Personnel Required.

Postby JBravo » Fri 3 Jan 2014 22:26

Do they need to be ex?

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Fri 3 Jan 2014 22:29

No, refer to the thread. The 'Ex-' part is mostly aimed at the cold war period, but feel free to add your details anyway.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

stryker468
Sergeant

Postby stryker468 » Wed 15 Jan 2014 23:51

Hmm..

I am former US Army 82nd Airborne from 1985 to 1988. I was in the infantry.

I was also a Dragon gunner (first series). When looking at the WALB units, the US Light Infantry is actually very close to what the 82nd Infantry platoon used to be during this time. The M16 and M240 SAW are perfect. The Dragon was indeed supposed to be part of these squads (one per, with other squad members carrying the re-loads with you).

The only thing missing are the M203 individual Grenade Launchers. These were mounted under an M16 rifle. They were carried by 2 members of the squad. HE only of course, but I forget the range.

Let me know if there is more info I could provide.

S
Perfection is the Enemy of Progress

TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby TheMarraMan » Wed 15 Jan 2014 23:57

stryker468 wrote:Hmm..

I am former US Army 82nd Airborne from 1985 to 1988. I was in the infantry.

I was also a Dragon gunner (first series). When looking at the WALB units, the US Light Infantry is actually very close to what the 82nd Infantry platoon used to be during this time. The M16 and M240 SAW are perfect. The Dragon was indeed supposed to be part of these squads (one per, with other squad members carrying the re-loads with you).

The only thing missing are the M203 individual Grenade Launchers. These were mounted under an M16 rifle. They were carried by 2 members of the squad. HE only of course, but I forget the range.

Let me know if there is more info I could provide.

S

Totally spaced my mind the the 203 would be attached to these US soldiers rifles. I bet it would really do something in CQB fighting and forests. Throw an engineering squad with them. That would be a very nice anti-infantry force. I'd have to assume there're no personal launchers because of the fact that there are only three weapon slots. I may be wrong but that's what I's assume.

stryker468
Sergeant

Postby stryker468 » Thu 16 Jan 2014 01:34

Totally spaced my mind the the 203 would be attached to these US soldiers rifles. I bet it would really do something in CQB fighting and forests. Throw an engineering squad with them. That would be a very nice anti-infantry force. I'd have to assume there're no personal launchers because of the fact that there are only three weapon slots. I may be wrong but that's what I's assume.

Possibly

But they 'could' just create another personal weapon called 'M203'. Thats how we referred to them even though they were combination weapons (M16 and M203 Grenade Launcher). We would consider it a personal weapon like the M16.

Up the HE a little. Not sure what to do about range though. The grenade launcher was only really effective for about 400 meters I think...
Perfection is the Enemy of Progress

Flybefree
Master Sergeant

Postby Flybefree » Fri 17 Jan 2014 01:44

I entered the US Army in '91 and served several times in South Korea as a ground guy in the 2nd Infantry and as a MEDEVAC pilot. In the game world I would be a CAT A prototype...and totally OP. nerf me!

V/R

Shaun

WillHolt
Private

Postby WillHolt » Mon 12 Jan 2015 09:32

Ideally, they would introduce the Red Dragon AI so that the Zhukov-2 campaign can be fixed - East German division could then be deployed from Denmark and amphibious landings on the east coast would make sense. Currently, the AI just ignores any movement from the south which kills the campaign.
Sign up with learn to speak french ccna for getting best way to learn german online testking courses englishlanguage Best Of Luck.

BraveRiflesC66G
Private First-Class

Postby BraveRiflesC66G » Thu 5 Mar 2015 03:55

I tried to go to the link in the OP, but it just redirects to the main Forum page.

Tharhof
First Sergeant

Postby Tharhof » Thu 5 Mar 2015 12:23

BraveRiflesC66G wrote:I tried to go to the link in the OP, but it just redirects to the main Forum page.

They moved the forums to a new URL a few months ago, click here to go to the thread listed in the OP.