would I get in trouble?

The Ghost of Patton
Sergeant Major of the Army

would I get in trouble?

Postby The Ghost of Patton » Sat 11 Jan 2014 10:25

Playing a game and I happen to pop back to my fob to see how much I have left for my long guns right at the moment that an arty spamming ally calls up 8 rocket launchers into its logistic circle. I turn off the fob, signal that I'm not supplying him, and politely request him to move off several times. Now he is denying me my fob by parking useless units that he is making no move to resupply. I still had chinooks so I moved my arty off put I had been managing my supplies all battle and I've other battles where I have needed to supply my arty only to find my fob and all other fobs drained. So I'm wondering, does Eugen think he is miss behaving? Do I have a right to clusterbomb the thief? Either way would the other team get points if I kill him? If it is okay for me to bomb him can I report him if he retaliates?
Be Excellent To Each Other!!!

KattiValk
General

Re: would I get in trouble?

Postby KattiValk » Sat 11 Jan 2014 10:48

Frankly I joke about fragging those lesser minded players that like big howitzers and "moar rockets" but never get around to doing so. This may be because of the lack of games that I play with pubbies on my team, but I've always found that yelling loudly enough in the chat tends to sort out the issues for new players.

There are dicks like your teammate that game who know how to deny your supply (and being a big FOB advocate I know how it goes) and definitely deserve a good napalm to render their units useless for a bit. I've seen justified fragging done on maybe five to seven occasions (I won't name the perpetrators) and am neutral about it.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sat 11 Jan 2014 10:55

I think you'd be justified for TKing him, they have to send a replay to get you banned and it would show you asking him to stop if you used flares and not in game chat.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:21

Mako wrote:I think you'd be justified for TKing him, they have to send a replay to get you banned and it would show you asking him to stop if you used flares and not in game chat.

Yes.
Definitely, spam flares first.
Be nice for the first few then its fire at will. Then spam chat. When all else fails, go ahead and TK him.
That is your ROE for supply thiefs.

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:27

Answer is simple - if you see, that some guy from your team buy a MLRS or something stupid like this - drop the game. Brain cells are priceless, it's better spend a few minutes to find another game, than waste your nerves trying to play with people like this.

The Ghost of Patton

Postby The Ghost of Patton » Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:37

I don't think screwing over up 8 other people because one player is an idiot is the answer, I'd rather bomb him and with the lack of official feedback risk a little punishment. And can I report him if he retaliates or is that do much.

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:43

The Ghost of Patton wrote:I don't think screwing over up 8 other people because one player is an idiot is the answer, I'd rather bomb him and with the lack of official feedback risk a little punishment. And can I report him if he retaliates or is that do much.

Why not? You don't even know them. Play with friends to avoid this situations, in games with randoms you can do everything you want - who cares?

The Ghost of Patton

Postby The Ghost of Patton » Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:47

Because I hate it when players purposefully drop, it happens way to much as it is. If you don't really want the game don't come in. Also can take forever to get into a game sometimes so why should I have to leave just because of one player.I do see the same people in public games regularly so even if I don't know them I recognize them.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:11

I have to say, if it's gotten bad enough that you need to TK someone, the game's probably all ready ruined.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:30

Once again this illustrates why changing one's name in the GUI is BAD!
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”