would I get in trouble?

griffor
Second-Lieutenant

Re: would I get in trouble?

Postby griffor » Sat 11 Jan 2014 13:34

misclicked my skyhawks :lol:

although in all seriousness if he is bringing 12 mrls he is already trolling you so the game is over
Last edited by griffor on Sat 11 Jan 2014 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
I long for death, not because I seek peace, but because I seek the war eternal.

-Reflections on the Long Death

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Sat 11 Jan 2014 14:33

The Ghost of Patton wrote:So I'm wondering, does Eugen think he is miss behaving ?
Hard to tell.

Behaving in a way that makes your team lose on purpose is misbehaving.
The problem is to determine if it's done on purpose or not.
We don't want to ban people just because they are bad at our game or I'll be forced to ban MadMat :mrgreen:

The Ghost of Patton wrote:Do I have a right to clusterbomb the thief? Either way would the other team get points if I kill him ?
Be very careful with TK. Just like the previous question it's a matter of intention.
If you'd asked "can is clusterbomb someone wasting the team ressources" I'd be more open to answer yes.
But asking if you can clusterbomb the thief. If by that you consider that the supply you brought on the map is for you alone and anyone using it deserve to be killed expect a ban because you're the selfish guy.

The Ghost of Patton wrote:If it is okay for me to bomb him can I report him if he retaliates ?
If you consider someone's behaviour as abusive report him. Seeing one guy buying 12 MLRS once will lead to nothing, but proofs that he does that very often/always will be considered.

But why this part of the sentence ? "If it is okay for me to bomb him" once again your logic bother me. Why putting a conditional link between being allowed to report someone and being allowed to do your own justice with impunity ?
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

VikingHaag
Sergeant Major

Postby VikingHaag » Sat 11 Jan 2014 15:25

FLX wrote:But asking if you can clusterbomb the thief. If by that you consider that the supply you brought on the map is for you alone and anyone using it deserve to be killed expect a ban because you're the selfish guy.

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but when someone buys an FOB he usually has the NEED for it.

Doing stuff like the OP's thief is by all means teamkilling his units. What good is arty without ammo? Or choppers without missiles? Or AA without fuel?

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Sat 11 Jan 2014 16:03

@OP

just leave the game, there is no point to play the game when one of ur teammates doing nothing useful...dont waste time and effort..

goodman528
Sergeant

Postby goodman528 » Sat 11 Jan 2014 16:29

Switch off fuel and ammo, only leave repairs. This will enable you to resupply your trucks while denying him the FOB. Until he brings in his own trucks... ... At which point it's your decision whether to kill his trucks or his Arty. I recommend killing trucks if there's a only few tubes of 155mm or 82mm arty, and killing the arty for 203mm or MRLS spam.

I personally really hate people who don't allow their team mates to use their FOBs. Much more than arty spammers, who may be just new to the game.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Sat 11 Jan 2014 16:46

Ghostweed wrote:@OP

just leave the game, there is no point to play the game when one of ur teammates doing nothing useful...dont waste time and effort..

pretty much. If you see such people, leave.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 11 Jan 2014 17:25

yea, just leave, but destroy your own fob first :evil:
and his
Of Salt

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:12

I'm all for denying FOBs from people who won't use it wisely or fail to ask before doing something supply intensive. Anyone who does intelligent actions or asks before they take will of course get to use my FOBs.

Radioshow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Radioshow » Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:14

Take out his MLRS because unless it is an "Official" Eugen server(only the 10v10) he will not get banned or punished AT ALL!

There is not a system in place to do that, only on the dedicated servers. So if your playing a normal player hosted 4v4 then nothing will ever be done. Go ahead and kill his arty if its using up your FOB and he wont comply with your request to move.

There is a large amount of players out there who should be perma-banned from this game but it never happens.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Radioshow is not a troll, he is our resident Doom Prophet.

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant

Postby MadMantiz » Sat 11 Jan 2014 19:59

One way to handle it is to not have your artillery supplied directly by having them near the FOB, but instead using regular supply vehicles to convert supplies from the FOB into ammunition. Just disable ammo on the FOB but keep fuel or spare parts enabled, fill up your supply vehicles and shuttle them to your own stuff in need of supplies. Unless you are using a lot of artillery, a few trucks will suffice. It is not a good solution but yet another workaround where a proper function is missing in the game. It won't keep stupid players from your team, but you only have to invest a few points and some extra clicks to deal with the problem without ever worrying of getting yourself in trouble in any way even on an official server.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”