On Chimera again ... (designer's notes)

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Re: On Chimera again ... (designer's notes)

Postby RedDevilCG » Wed 22 Jan 2014 00:02

Chosimba wrote:
troublmaker wrote:Ah the anti-Canadian agenda has reared it's ugly head again.

Until we get the Chimera in the Canadian National Deck we will export one Justin Bieber-like pop sensation to the world's music scene until we get our demands.

We gave the world Brian Adams, Celine Dion, and Robin Thicke. Don't think we can't do this. We have millions of teenagers ready to deploy!

How is it anti-Canadian just because it wouldn't be a Canadian unit.

I demand Leo 2A4s and Challengers for USA, what is all this anti-freedom going around.

I think it was a joke.....

Tyrfinn
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Tyrfinn » Wed 22 Jan 2014 00:04

x
Last edited by Tyrfinn on Fri 14 Feb 2014 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Wed 22 Jan 2014 00:17

Woodwind, do you play ALB?

You should :D
Mobile Units Operational :!:

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 22 Jan 2014 00:37

I like tanks.

This is an Interesting thread.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

DrRansom
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DrRansom » Wed 22 Jan 2014 00:39

Woodwind - Could you expand on the expected tactics for the Chimera? How did the tank's design help or hurt its tactical employment?

KeyLord
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KeyLord » Wed 22 Jan 2014 02:56

I just want to say thank you for going to such lengths to give extra information to the community, and thankyou to Woodwind for giving up his time to answer some questions.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 22 Jan 2014 04:48

Woodwind wrote:(In fact, having designed a number of vehicles including some that are in fairly widespread use today, I think it is fair to say that there is actually very little scope to play with the basic designs of tanks and armoured vehicles. You want to keep it small as volume under amour is expensive - and yet you have to accommodate that awkward thing called the Crew - and a gun and ammo, and engine and fuel, and armour of course. It is probably fair to say that if you were to start to design tank and were to draw any single line on a piece of paper representing any aspect of the tracks, hull or turret etc, a good designer could pretty much tell you where the rest of the vehicle will be - indeed will have to go - if you are going to have a chance of making the rest of the vehicle work. And in many cases your line will be ruled out from the start unless it conforms to certain requirements. That's why most tanks and armoured vehicles look remarkably similar at the end of the day !

so you think the introduction of new technologies will slowly "mold" the shape of a tank into new shapes? or will it remain the same as now?
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 22 Jan 2014 04:54

Wow awesome. Madmat, how did you find him? Or did he found you?
Of Salt

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Wed 22 Jan 2014 05:34

So the idea of the Leo Jagdpanzer from Britain must of made it into the minds of some Canadian's. I'm sure that's no surprise. Maybe a little bit of consideration was put into developing it in Canada but discussion probably ended with a "no go", but I can see why the idea of the Chimera was scrapped in Canada. After all Canadian's did go with the Leopard 2 to fill the niche they were lacking.

Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Wed 22 Jan 2014 07:03

I remember googling for "Chimera" when I first heard of this on the forums and the top result was a forum post by MadMat asking about the unit. :lol:

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”