Why so few NATO V NATO and PACT V PACT games?

AntiCommie
Corporal

Re: Why so few NATO V NATO and PACT V PACT games?

Postby AntiCommie » Tue 28 Jan 2014 23:56

Atmosphere for me. I just can't get into a mixed NATO civil war with Germans, Americans, French, etc on both sides.

even pact I don't see that happening. If we could create more lobby rules, like a polish vs USSR scenario I would enjoy it more. I'd like to make a west German vs USA scenario. Something like the ten thousand ( book by Harold Coyle).

Vermillion_Hawk
Sergeant Major

Postby Vermillion_Hawk » Wed 29 Jan 2014 00:01

Play 1v1 ranked if you want mirror matches - they seem to be 90% of my played ranked games regardless of what side I play.

F-22
Lieutenant

Postby F-22 » Wed 29 Jan 2014 00:58

I would never have been able to shoot down the "Noobhawk" with ZSU-57-2 in HATO v. HATO game.

Just kidding, it's more interesting to play NATO V. PACT, more unit variety and what not.

people tend to use CatA Tryhard decks, and playing against a near exact copy of your own deck over and over again isn't really that fun.

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Wed 29 Jan 2014 02:21

Nexon wrote:Honestly? I hate these games. They are mirrored, thus boring and kill the realism. But it gets even worse when people take their most competitive decks (NATO mixed) then you basically see the same units on both sides. Not fun.

AntiCommie wrote:Atmosphere for me. I just can't get into a mixed NATO civil war with Germans, Americans, French, etc on both sides.

even pact I don't see that happening. If we could create more lobby rules, like a polish vs USSR scenario I would enjoy it more. I'd like to make a west German vs USA scenario. Something like the ten thousand ( book by Harold Coyle).

Um, guys, you realize this is WARGAME, and thus NATO V NATO is the most realistic?

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Wed 29 Jan 2014 02:28

CloakandDagger wrote:Um, guys, you realize this is WARGAME, and thus NATO V NATO is the most realistic?

:shock:

Person012345
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Person012345 » Wed 29 Jan 2014 02:33

CloakandDagger wrote:People for some reason don't seem to be that thrilled with either one. Any time I feel like doing one I have to make the server myself.

What is it about the games that people just don't like?

After this IS 'Wargame'.

People don't really want to fight carbon copies of what they are commanding as much. Although I think certain sections of the forum should try them more, they might like how balanced pact is vs pact. Although no doubt pact would be OP and needs nerf whilst pact would be UP and need a buff.
Last edited by Person012345 on Wed 29 Jan 2014 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Wed 29 Jan 2014 02:34

CloakandDagger wrote:Um, guys, you realize this is WARGAME, and thus NATO V NATO is the most realistic?

Wargame, not war game.
k

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 29 Jan 2014 18:41

NATO v NATO are nice if you're not playing tryhard mixed NATO decks

fighting out the old swedish/danish rivalry on the modern battlefield is fun

Spoiler : :
if you're sweden :lol:
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 29 Jan 2014 19:12

You could play a pact vs pact as East Germany, Czechoslovakia, and Poland vs USSR and pretend that the minors have rebelled against their Soviet Masters.

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Wed 29 Jan 2014 19:35

NATO vs NATO just ends in sitting staring Chaps and TOWs at each other while hurling artillery at each other.
PACT vs PACT ends in Tungs, Hinds and ATGM tanks staring at each other while hurling ATGMs at each other.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."