Revive Air land battle!!

ivan dracov
Private First-Class

Revive Air land battle!!

Postby ivan dracov » Sat 19 Jan 2019 16:29

Come on guys how much real difference can you make in these huge RD matches...
My 600 hours of RD experience has taught me that in most case,s its about having tiny trickle of points and trying to turtle along 3 or 4 units ..making little to zero impact or randomly causing a lucky shoot down.
the only way to have any success is to basically forget all the vehicles and just flood the map with tons and tons of recon and men and just clog the map up jamming all the really unimaginative cross roads with immovable garrisoned troops
There is an amazing very well optimised game set in a FAR cooler period just sitting in your steam library.
there is no toxic atmosphere..no racists or hate in the chat.
The players who are here are exceptional and we always need to take new player under our protective wing to get games on the bigger maps.
ALB allows each player to control vast cold war armies..for example my deck has approx:
9: SU-24 planes : 6 SU-24 SEAD 3 SU 24 bombers.
32: fully equipped Mi 24D assault helos carrying VDV and SPETZ
30 :Mi 17 armed carrying strella AA and Konker ATGM
40: T -72 MBT
4 :T 80 BV
2: T-80 U
10: T 80
9:BUK
16 : Birista
huge troop volumes and the list goes on...
you have so much power and the standards of play are high
There is difference between spam and excellent battle field management.
I am IVD on steam...I am actually willing to purchase 10 copies of this game to serious interested players

By comparison in RD you have tiny restricted decks and channelled bottle necked maps that just lead to the same old meat grinder experiences.
There are a few new variety's of vehicles and units in RD but really what is the point when they can not be used for anything but fodder in a cluttered urban map the game seems to think little groups of soldiers in bamboo huts with shoulder slung weapons can seemingly destroy tanks, shoot down air craft and helos while simultaneously fighting house to house the men in RD are far to OP and over utilised.
The navy aspect of RD should have been DLC to ALB with giant strategics open water maps to allow for true naval engagements.
Planes in RD will ignore a target simply because it pasted under a tree for less than one second..they then fly uselessly in to waiting AA man pads.
not the case in ALB
As for the naval landing assault aspects ..well they are pointless on small maps with basically only one spot to land and every single weapon pointed at you as soon as you dismount.
what does WG RD really offer except restriction and flawed concepts that miss the mark?
Don,t you miss having beautiful lush green Scandinavian maps with wide open assault rush flank opportunities that can surprise an come out of the blue supplemented by very well placed tree lines and hedge rows for supporting units to advance.

okay so I hate RD and love ALB its my opinion
I just think its a disaster to waste a clearly better polished version of the same game.

molnibalage
General

Re: Revive Air land battle!!

Postby molnibalage » Mon 21 Jan 2019 16:43

ivan dracov wrote:Come on guys how much real difference can you make in these huge RD matches...
My 600 hours of RD experience has taught me that in most case,s its about having tiny trickle of points and trying to turtle along 3 or 4 units ..making little to zero impact or randomly causing a lucky shoot down.

Yes, too many times this is the case. With some lucky or critical shots can be won a game and because of very expensive unicorn units this makes very unbalanced the game.

I rather choose any day an upgraded and fixed ALB database with LOG chain and amphi capability with time frame of ALB comparing to RD. Especially the lower CTH and generally lower gun ranges. In ALB ATGMs were much more usable in the game and arty mostly was morale killing tool and not PGM with is more accurate sometimes as LGBs...

The problem with ALB its totally idiotic database in AIR/PLN tab and the not capped autocannon dmg at close range. IFV can kill in forest the best taks while even with +8-9 AP their AP values do not reach even the AV value of the target.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”