Beta Crashing

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Beta Crashing

Postby SikkeSakke » Wed 24 Apr 2013 22:46

I tested game three times today and every time game crashed.

Btw. I know it's still beta but I not sure where to report bugs or crashes.

AMD FX-8120, overclocked to 4Ghz
Crossfired 2x AMD Radeon HD 8900 series
Attachments
WAB_Beta_Crash.png
WAB_Beta_Crash.png (9.83 KiB) Viewed 402 times

Jar Jar
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Beta Crashing

Postby Jar Jar » Wed 24 Apr 2013 22:58

Had the same issue today with Shifu and Werner, it crahsed for all of us.

SkylineR33FTW
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby SkylineR33FTW » Wed 24 Apr 2013 23:05

Same issue, everyone in a 4v4 crashed after 1 guy dc'd (not sure if related or not). We could still operate the menu / text chat. However we couldn't press any menu buttons and surrender wouldn't work. So we had to all ALT + F4.

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Thu 25 Apr 2013 02:28

I was thinking did game crashed because of my overclocking. I had to keep voltages a little bit lower than they should be because of temperatures but playing other games haven't crashed my computer and games are/were running stable. However, I downclocked from 4 to 3.8GHz and managed to play one 3v3 game without crash. Need to test tomorrow again with some different OC settings to see is it my computers fault or programs unstability.

Another issue from today. Once lobby chat wasn't working at all - I could write there but when pressing enter, nothing happened.

And for sake of balance of complaining, I have to say that game looks and sounds great. Haven't yet noticed any bugs at gameplay (I heard some but haven't yet encountered them). Even now there's some nice features expecially at UI/HUD configurations. Also you guys at EUGEN could teach Sony Online Entertaiment how to make game use (almost) full potential of 8-core prosessors and graphics cards. SOE's game, Planetside 2, uses half of what W:EE and W:AB uses. Sell your knownledge with high price ;).

Edit. One more thing. Game preset graphics settings and it set DirectX9 instead of DirectX11. Not sure does this effect anything but now I remembered that in my last game where game didn't crash, I manually set DirectX11.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Thu 25 Apr 2013 02:51

SikkeSakke, I think someone from Creative Assembly could possibly teach someone at EUGEN on how to make a user friendly GUI!
Illegitimi non carborundum.