[MAC] Send us your crash dumps.

Davimotep
Sergeant Major

Re: [MAC] Send us your crash dumps.

Postby Davimotep » Tue 10 Sep 2013 17:43

Ok,

can you try to replace your option.ini file (in this very folder) with this one ?

Warhead
Corporal

Postby Warhead » Tue 10 Sep 2013 18:21

Not sure what to do exactly.

I found the option.ini file, but how do I replace it, and what with?
If I click on the link you provided it takes me to dropboxusercontent where I see a lot of text like this:
VSyncInterval = 1
WindowFormStyle = 1
GraphicPreset = 0
AutomaticVideoMemory = true
StereoConvergenceLow = 5000
StereoConvergenceHigh = 190000
[system_values]
GAdapterVendorID = 0

Should I copy / paste that text in somewhere? Or just copy the link itself and paste that in somewhere?

Confused : /

Davimotep
Sergeant Major

Postby Davimotep » Tue 10 Sep 2013 18:38

Right click on the link > Save link as... "option.ini"

Replace the old option.ini file with the one you downloaded and there you go.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Plato
Corporal

Postby Plato » Tue 10 Sep 2013 20:01

Davimotep wrote:...

Now on your problem with Macs. The game doesn't work for you and I'm very sorry. Like I said before I agree that the game should be working for everyone and we're working to get there... What you don't seem to understand is that WAB (and WEE) works for a majority of Mac (and Linux) users. If you spent more time detailing what happens to you and less time threatening us we may have been able to solve it earlier. You haven't even posted your full specs... I understand that you would like to get updates everyday on what we're doing but I really can't see the point. We give you updates when we actually have something to say. You'd feel better if I answer every post you make and say "Sorry it's not working, we are trying to solve this." ?

Since we were unable so far to reproduce the bug with the macs we have here some of us mac owners brought our own macs to the office yesterday.

We only encountered problems with a ~2009 Mac Mini (2,4Ghz Dual Core, 2Go RAM, Nvidia320M). The game did crash on loading screen when we tried to use the autosettings. We managed to solve this problem and get the game to work, here are the steps.

1) Delete the Wargame 2 folder located as displayed in the screenshot. (Under Users\YOU\Library\Application Support\EugenSystems\)

Spoiler : "screenshot" :

Please be careful with the folder you delete. You have another Library folder under Macinthosh HD, you shouldn't find what you're looking for here.

2) Once you have deleted this, start the game and run the autosetting (Option > Video > Autosetting).

If the game still isn't running properly, get back to me I'll have something else for you guys to try.

I'm going to try to be as detailed as I can:

-I found the folder "WarGame2" [saved a copy on the desktop] and deleted it
-My game is up to date.
-I launched the game, and clicked 'ok' when I was prompted to run the auto graphics settings.
-I let it work for 16 minutes
-music continued to play
-screen did not change from the image of the f-16
-My anti virus is running [Sophos] which has given me problems with EE [specifically it freezing in the loading screen after a battle/replay] and I generally turn it off when playing EE
-Firewall is on
-after 16 minutes had passed i forced quit the game by pressing 'command' + 'option' + 'esc' & no crash report was generated, and no crash report is logged in the console [the last logged crash report I have, is from EE on sep 4]

=========

I am going to try this again, by restarting my computer, and turning off my anti-vious. Do note that I have tried running AB with my anti-virous off [as i do with EE] but so far there has been no discernible change. I will then try to use the changed "option.ini" file and will repost soon.

My system specs:
Spoiler : :
The os is 10.6.8
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B0B
SMC Version (system): 1.62f7
----
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
----
Capacity: 750.16 GB (750,156,374,016 bytes)
Model: ST750LX003-1AC154
Revision: SM12
[this is a seagate momentus XT]

Plato
Corporal

Postby Plato » Tue 10 Sep 2013 20:44

Quick update, still not working but...

So I restarted my comp, turned off the anti virus, and deleted the 'WarGame2' folder. This time when prompted to do the auto graphics, it did work, and this is the first time I have seen the auto graphics actually compleat without freezing on the loading screen. Though its for naught because when i tried the campaign it froze once more on the loading screen. Music plays, image stays still, I let it run for more than 16 minutes for good measure and then force quit, and of course there is no crash log.

======

I'm not sure exactly how to save the 'option.ini' as anything other then a "web archive" or "page source" file. so i copied the text and pasted over the existing 'option.ini' file. i see the language is set to french [in the option.ini], not sure if that matters, but i have a little high school french so i will be able ot work with it a little.....

i'm now trying this and will be back soon.

My system specs:
The os is 10.6.8
Memory: 8 GB
----
----
Capacity: 750.16 GB (750,156,374,016 bytes)
Model: ST750LX003-1AC154
Revision: SM12
[this is a seagate momentus XT]
[/quote]

Plato
Corporal

Postby Plato » Tue 10 Sep 2013 21:02

well copying and pasting didn't work, I tried to download the file from the link, but my computer wants to treat it as a .txt file an not as a .ini I'm having trouble getting it to work. When i launch the game it says game did not terminate properly & doesn't recognize the last configuration.

I dont think i've actually replaced the file as you want me to because i cant save it as .ini

anyways i tried deleting the "WarGame2" folder to try to get it to run the auto launcher again but it too just freezes again, i have no idea why it worked after i restarted.

I'm gona go eat lunch and will check this again in a little while.

eggcimpprr
Corporal

Postby eggcimpprr » Wed 11 Sep 2013 00:28

I did everything exactly as you stated, but no dice.

- I deleted the WarGame2 folder
- I loaded up the game and this time no pop showed up telling me the game did not exit properly
- The window asking me to autoset showed up and I accepted
- The loading screen almost instantly froze on the image of the F-16
- I waited a few minutes and then pressed command+option+esc to force quit the game
- After that I tried your second recommendation of replacing the Option.ini file
- I tried to run the autoset feature once more and yet again it froze, with me eventually force quitting.
- I tried to load a skirmish match after this, hoping that maybe these new options could of possibly helped
- Nothing seemed to have been changed however. The game froze on the loading screen like always.

I don't know if the reports I've been generating so far have been helpful at all, but I can generate some more reports of these particular freezes if you believe they may be helpful. I am also adding a more complete specification of my Mac.

Spoiler : Mac system spec's :
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Model Name: MacBook Pro (2011)
Memory: 4 GB

-----

-----

Capacity: 250.06 GB (250,059,350,016 bytes)
Available: 117.39 GB (117,394,149,376 bytes)
Model: Hitachi HTS545025B9SA02
Revision: PB2AC60W

TheHolyGhost
Corporal

Postby TheHolyGhost » Wed 11 Sep 2013 02:39

Davimotep wrote:
Hi,

If you keep on being disrespectful to moderators we will be forced to take action. Call it censorship if you like, like you said it "honestly I don't care".

These guys are giving a hand with the forum and they're doing it well. If you have a problem with the way your Tech reports are being dealt with please refer to Eugen Staff.

Now on your problem with Macs. The game doesn't work for you and I'm very sorry. Like I said before I agree that the game should be working for everyone and we're working to get there... What you don't seem to understand is that WAB (and WEE) works for a majority of Mac (and Linux) users. If you spent more time detailing what happens to you and less time threatening us we may have been able to solve it earlier. You haven't even posted your full specs... I understand that you would like to get updates everyday on what we're doing but I really can't see the point. We give you updates when we actually have something to say. You'd feel better if I answer every post you make and say "Sorry it's not working, we are trying to solve this." ?

Since we were unable so far to reproduce the bug with the macs we have here some of us mac owners brought our own macs to the office yesterday.

We only encountered problems with a ~2009 Mac Mini (2,4Ghz Dual Core, 2Go RAM, Nvidia320M). The game did crash on loading screen when we tried to use the autosettings. We managed to solve this problem and get the game to work, here are the steps.

1) Delete the Wargame 2 folder located as displayed in the screenshot. (Under Users\YOU\Library\Application Support\EugenSystems\)

Spoiler : "screenshot" :

Please be careful with the folder you delete. You have another Library folder under Macinthosh HD, you shouldn't find what you're looking for here.

2) Once you have deleted this, start the game and run the autosetting (Option > Video > Autosetting).

If the game still isn't running properly, get back to me I'll have something else for you guys to try.

I couldnt possibly be more clear if i tried,i detailed all my issues and all my issues were the same as everyone elses. it freezes my computer ctrl alt esc. I posted my specs at least 3 times and once in the steam forum, Im sorry if you take what i say as threatening, I dont expect you to post daily as you put it to say sorry nothing works still but more than once every 3 weeks would be a start. Threatening is a very sensitive term, I give the respect i get in return as im sure most do, I just posted what i was actually doing in regards to my frustration so hopefully you could understand.

I will take my complaints to the staff from here on.

Specs:
MBP 10.8.4 (Late 2008)
Proc: 2.5ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mem: 2 gb ddr2
200 gig
VId: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

I tried everything you posted still frozen.
Cannot produce crash log at this time.

Game runs about 1 out 10 games.

Thank you for your response and effort.

RaulDuke1971
Private First-Class

Postby RaulDuke1971 » Wed 11 Sep 2013 06:38

I tried deleting the folder and running the auto-detection again. I did find the correct folder but the Auto Detection failed at 65%- it hung for several minutes and i had to force quit.

I also tried the Option.ini file linked above. Still hung on loading screen like before.

The details are essentially the same as described by others: the loading screen freezes a second or two after appearing; music continues playing; no report generated unless run in windowed mode; every loading screen freezes like this except for the initial load;

I'll email a crash report as well. My specs (should I/we include any other info here?):
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
SMC Version (system): 1.62f6

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Warhead
Corporal

Postby Warhead » Wed 11 Sep 2013 09:28

I've also tried the option.ini replacement tip now (plus, previously, deleting the Wargame 2 file), and it hasn't helped.