Private First-Class

New to ALB...first deck attempt...

Postby Zeitgeist » Sat 14 Mar 2015 07:51

US Marine Cat B......how bad is it?

wehrwolfzug
Master Sergeant

Re: New to ALB...first deck attempt...

Postby wehrwolfzug » Tue 24 Mar 2015 16:38

When you build a deck you have to think about what you want to accomplish. Do you want to defend land or attack.

1. No artillery or rockets.

You have no smoke for attacks. Which means most likely you want to defend. You have cheap infantry in trucks. I am guessing you want to hold urban strongholds. In order to get very vulnerable trucks to contested areas you need a strong armor push to take the brunt of the attack while your infantry unloads and digs in. Which is a valid tactic.

However you do not have any anti helicopter support. If the enemy has a scout chopper with a few attack choppers he/she will blunt your rush or attack pretty quick.

2. Jet CAS

You have a decent amount of CAS (close air support). I assume this is why you bypassed arty support. Which again is a valid tactic. However... If you want to bomb stuff you need to neutralize enemy ground anti air. In order to properly attack anti air with cas or sead you need to stun or panick the aa with artillery or rockets which you are missing.

You could use tanks to breakthrough the line and try to attack the ground anti air but that is hard when the enemy will stop it with helicopters. Not to mention you would need a lot of recon behind enemy lines to scout the anti air.

Changes!

I would remove one card of choppers. They use an absurd amount of supplies. You really only need a few to wreak havoc. I would get either mortars, artillery, or rockets.
Get some infrared anti air to swat pesky choppers out of the sky while your infantry travel to locations. I would also swap in some infantry with armoured transport. You would be surprised how much fire power support they bring for your infantry.

That should be a start. There is no perfect deck. You just have think about what you want to achieve and plan around it. But it's war. Nothing goes to plan hahahha

wehrwolfzug
Master Sergeant

Postby wehrwolfzug » Tue 24 Mar 2015 16:42

Also remove one card of itow. Very vulnerable to arty and use a lot of supply. Get some cheap cannon vehicles that can shoot choppers and ground units.

Zeitgeist
Private First-Class

Postby Zeitgeist » Tue 24 Mar 2015 22:14

Thanks!