Preliminary Infantry rerole proposal
This comprehensive proposal is based primarily on this report on NK special purpose infantry operation profile
. Detailed pieces of information has already been highlighted on the first post. The proposal is structured as modular, with a single core of 3 changes being minimum.
I believe with the following RD coalition infantry option will undergo a powerful transformation, however this whole thing hinges on one very important precondition, that being: - Gonbobyong reroled into shock recon squad (with it's current transport options)
This opens up light infantry slot for following minimum core changes:
- Yuckjeondae '75/'90 rerole into Shock light infantry, price cut by 5 pts to each (with all current transport options)
- Jeogockdae '75/'90 rerole into 15 men elite squad, price increase by 5 pts to each (with all current transport options)
Judging from the report mentioned above, the role of NK special purpose forces are rather fluid, ingame this means the marines could easily be considered the amphibious assault troops of the elite division, Gonbobyong can be considered light recon for forward intelligence gathering and infiltrating etc.
Now for the ingame advantages of these changes:
- NK gains a shock 10 men fighting recon squad (With long range RR even to snipe stuff with)
- NK and RD gains a light infantry with good load out and excellent IFV (Type-69-III and BTR-80A)
- NK and RD gains a 15 men elite squad like Kustjägare/Koprs Mariniers/Commando-Marine with good loadout and transport options (carbine+23 AP RPG, BTR-80A and even Korshun in mech deck)
- Better deck viability due to availability of more cost effective shock units in various deck types
- Foremost it buffs NK! And it solves the redundancy issue between Jeogockdae/Yuckjeondae rather elegantly IMO.
These changes above require no weapon change, extra transports or even name changes. Further refinement can be added as second module of changes like these:
- Gonbobyong Recon gets SPG-9 level RR ammo from USSR => 16 AP
- Type-73 MG for Bochongsu changes to belt-fed with appropriate burst length
- Tweaking Type-69 RPG according to this info post and thus buffing the majority of RD infantry: viewtopic.php?p=1001924#p1001924
- Type-81 MG gets 10% more accuracy
- Zhanshi '85 gets Type-81 as MG (optionally the Type-84 grenade for RPG)
The final module would be:
- Add BRDM-1 as recon transport for Gonbobyong
- Zhanshi '85 gets ZSL-56 as transport
- Luzhandui rename to Shenjian and get at least into mechanized deck
- Infantry Specialists reroles: Ban-Tank Konkurs, RPG FIST etc.
With 2 modules fully applied RD infantry tab will offer:
- Bonchongsu with ok-ish MG in unique AA IFV option
- Zhanshi line troops offers accurate AT even in CAT C
- Zhanshi '85 as 15 pts modern line troop offers strong anti-inf/armor ability at the same time (buffed Type-81 MG and Type-84 RPG with 65% acc and 20 AP at 700m)
- Luzhandui stays as strong marine infantry
- Yuckjeondae light shock infantry in many deck types and offer high-end AP for 25 pts (55% acc+23 AP at 700m)
- Lijian '75 will be a very powerful allrounder elite squad due to buffed MG and RPG accuracy
- Jeogockdae as elite marines takes the middle spot among the good Korps Marinier/Kustjägare and the bad Kommandosi/Commando-Marine
I believe this will make RD infantry tab much more powerful and meta worthy!