Fine-tuning NK/China

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby keldon » Wed 1 Feb 2017 22:16

Mike wrote:
frostypooky wrote:Rebuilt tank and veh tabs of my spreadsheet (same one already on front)

The current one with only tank and vehicles replaced the original spreadsheet. It is basically just tank and vehicles now. Check the link under "nice to read" in the first post.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 1 Feb 2017 22:22

keldon wrote:The current one with only tank and vehicles replaced the original spreadsheet. It is basically just tank and vehicles now. Check the link under "nice to read" in the first post.

I know, that's what I was highlighting. It seemed like you guys were confused on why there was only info in the tank and vehicle sections.
Courtesy of KattiValk

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Wed 1 Feb 2017 22:25

Mike wrote:
keldon wrote:The current one with only tank and vehicles replaced the original spreadsheet. It is basically just tank and vehicles now. Check the link under "nice to read" in the first post.

I know, that's what I was highlighting. It seemed like you guys were confused on why there was only info in the tank and vehicle sections.

Well, the whole spreadsheet is basically empty now, that's not what rebuilt suggests. Anyway waiting for Frosty.
亲们!大国梦哦!

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Wed 1 Feb 2017 22:36

Yes everything is empty because it's easier to start from scratch with new format

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Wed 1 Feb 2017 22:38

frostypooky wrote:Yes everything is empty because it's easier to start from scratch with new format

OK, thought you accidentally deleted everything else.
亲们!大国梦哦!

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Sun 5 Feb 2017 00:53

frostypooky wrote:ping

Hey, i'm sure you are aware of the proposal to shifting the NK SOF infantry around, can you please check the names they currently have and tell me if they are adequate for their new role?
亲们!大国梦哦!

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Tue 7 Feb 2017 01:02

keldon wrote:
frostypooky wrote:ping

Hey, i'm sure you are aware of the proposal to shifting the NK SOF infantry around, can you please check the names they currently have and tell me if they are adequate for their new role?

I did not see it, link? I deided to respond after I updated INF/RECON sections with rifle troops. Also included light tanks used in KPA Armored Recce Companies (incl T-34). Still working on inf/recon/support obviously. All naming has been redone to NK-style MRR Romanization for Maximum Flavor. Can't remember if I mentioned, but all "Type" will become "Sik" and I will create reasonable KPA designations for those where only US WSSIC designations are known (eg M-1992-> 92 Sik).)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

For explanation of 90s KPA organization (in relevance to the game): obviously there are standard rifle divisions both mech and motorized. most combat arms divisions have organic recce bns/companies, hence the new line recce unit and broadening of light tanks in recon section. These combat arms divisions also have organic "light infantry" units, and Gongbobyong is changed to reflect availability of all transports/deck types. These shock troops should be treated like the German shocks and be the meta flavor bread and butter of NK.

The "real" SOF has three main components in the time frame: the Training Unit Guidance Bureau, the Sniper Brigades of KPAN/KPAF, and the Reconnaissance Bureau. the TUGB (nowadays the 11th Storm Corps) is NK's analogue to SOCOM and answers directly to KPA leadership; it is broken into three brigades, Snipers, Abn, and Light, but I figured its overkill as they all roughly share the same mission of airborne insertion for deep direct action, strategic recon, and assassination. the Yuckjeondae should be rerolled into this on Recon tab. the Sniper Brigades of the KPAN/KPAF are amphibious/air assault commandos and like the Sniper Brigades of the TUGB, are among the best trained KPA forces. as noted, "Sniper" is a nod to Kim Il Sung's WW2 service in Red Army unit and nothing to do with any tactical focus on sniping. these are Jeogockdae and should be rerolled to Elite but kept on the inf tab as the new generic INF Elite--one unit in wargame can represent both AF and Navy Sniper Brigades, just separate transport avail by deck specialty. finally, the REBU is NK's in-time-frame military intel agency, eg this is where you get the black ops agents and etc. Jeongchaldae are already represented but I chose a name change to avoid conflict with the conventional recce troops.

at the end, you have line, shock, elite for inf tab and line, elite (10 man) and elite (2 snipes) for recon tab. weapon freedom esp for the elite tiers is encouraged--the Kyojitae would use ROK weapons and uniforms, and platoons from most of the upper tier SOF orgs do carry SAMs so you can go the FJB/SAS approach if you want something to mix it up.

not going to budge/argue against Korean wikis or anything.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 7 Feb 2017 17:13

frostypooky wrote:good stuff, will relink it as the new corresponding post to the spreadsheet

I meant the change to NK SOF listed in the first post.

- Gonbobyong re-role into shock recon squad (With all current transports and deck access)
- Yuckjeondae '75/'90 re-role into light shock infantry, 5 pts price cut for both (all current transports and deck access)
- Jeogockdae '75/90 re-role into elite marines, 5 pts price increase for both (all current transport and similar deck access like Commando-Marine/Kustjägare/Korps Marniers)

I checked the new names you listed and i believe it's a non-issue in case of Jeogockdae. How about the other 2?

I did those proposals in order to increase the ingame playability and based on the reasoning that the mission profile of NK SOF are rather fluid.
亲们!大国梦哦!

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Tue 7 Feb 2017 18:00

well in the case the only point to reconcile between your + my suggestions is your Shock Recon and my Line Recon. I just went with Line because China already had the Lie Ren. but Shock also fits the profile of Recon Battalions. uniforms wise, they would correspond to your reroles just with ROK uniforms for a new Elite Recon

so I would agree to more or less what you said just with the renaming suggestions I listed.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 7 Feb 2017 18:20

frostypooky wrote:well in the case the only point to reconcile between your + my suggestions is your Shock Recon and my Line Recon. I just went with Line because China already had the Lie Ren. but Shock also fits the profile of Recon Battalions. uniforms wise, they would correspond to your reroles just with ROK uniforms for a new Elite Recon

so I would agree to more or less what you said just with the renaming suggestions I listed.

Alright, so technically the names for the new roles are fine, besides the spelling?

I'm partially asking this because there have been some South Koreans bitching about the names.
亲们!大国梦哦!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”