Postby Razzmann » Fri 10 Mar 2017 01:33

TOG II.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Division Designing/Editing

Postby XanderTuron » Fri 10 Mar 2017 02:13

Razzmann wrote:TOG II.

Shit... you win.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Fri 10 Mar 2017 02:22

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:panthers, the best tank in the war

Is there any definition of 'best' and 'war' for which this is true? If we're playing Top Trumps Bestest Tank then it's IS-3 or Maus or something. If we're only counting tanks that got into major active service then it's Tiger II or IS-2. If we're only counting Medium tanks as tanks for some reason it's Centurion. If we're talking about actual operational capability it's Sherman or T-34.

Everybody got his own definition.
As for me, I would elect the T-34: maybe not always the top of its class, but always good and reliable when he wasn't, all along the war and even after.

I had a discussion some time ago with one of the ex-Yugoslav tank experts. He said, that from all the several hundred knocked out or damaged tanks he got to repair, T-34 was probably the easiest to get back going. Also, the gun on them is of unusual build quality. It could fire tens of thousands of round (it did), and the barrel wear was negligble. In his words, it is probably the sturdiest gun he ever saw.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 10 Mar 2017 03:26

Weighs more than a M1A1. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

ImTheJackel
Sergeant

Postby ImTheJackel » Wed 15 Mar 2017 13:41

XanderTuron wrote:

Shit... you win.

TOG II always wins. Even when he's losing, he wins.
"Sure it matters who's got the biggest stick, but it matters a helluva lot more who's swinging it". General Shepherd, MW2

Yanxee
Private

Postby Yanxee » Thu 16 Mar 2017 08:40

Does anyone know in what capacity, if at all, the 79th Armoured [Hobart's Funnies] will appear in-game for the Allies?
Thanks!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 16 Mar 2017 10:06

Yanxee wrote:Does anyone know in what capacity, if at all, the 79th Armoured [Hobart's Funnies] will appear in-game for the Allies?
Thanks!

Nobody who might know can tell you without breaching the NDA apart from the Devs and they won't tell you if they think it'll wind you up :mrgreen: . IMO they can't be excluded and are likely to turn up as attachments for at least one of the Commonwealth divisions, in the same way as the 101st gets Stuarts and M10s. Unfortunately, hilarious as it might be, I seriously doubt they're going to be in the game as a single division-sized formation :lol:.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Yanxee
Private

Postby Yanxee » Thu 16 Mar 2017 10:15

FrangibleCover wrote:
Yanxee wrote:Does anyone know in what capacity, if at all, the 79th Armoured [Hobart's Funnies] will appear in-game for the Allies?
Thanks!

Nobody who might know can tell you without breaching the NDA apart from the Devs and they won't tell you if they think it'll wind you up :mrgreen: . IMO they can't be excluded and are likely to turn up as attachments for at least one of the Commonwealth divisions, in the same way as the 101st gets Stuarts and M10s. Unfortunately, hilarious as it might be, I seriously doubt they're going to be in the game as a single division-sized formation :lol:.

Wasn't expecting them as a single division tbh, although then again they were actually significantly larger then an average Allied armoured division, thanks for the answer though, I do wonder how many of the units will be included, Sherman DD is almost definitely in but what about the Churchill AVRE and Crocodiles? *shrug*

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 16 Mar 2017 12:22

Yanxee wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:
Thanks!

Wasn't expecting them as a single division tbh, although then again they were actually significantly larger then an average Allied armoured division, thanks for the answer though, I do wonder how many of the units will be included, Sherman DD is almost definitely in but what about the Churchill AVRE and Crocodiles? *shrug*

Honestly I'd expect the AVRE and Crocodile more than I'd expect the DD, since the DD is basically a 75mm Sherman with extra modelling effort involved and the Churchill variants actually provide something unique. The DD would give the Allied infantry units access to Shermans in Phase A, I suppose. The rest of the funnies aren't as useful in a Wargame style meeting engagement with no mines or blockhouses, although I think there would be some marginal utility in a Bobbin that lays roadways off road that still limit your speed but prevent mobility crits that's probably too much micro. The Crab/Flail is conceptually fun for close combat but before we go for that I have to ask if it was actually used for clearing out infantry or just mine-clearance and bocage-breaching. Eugen are not fond of bridge destruction/building conceptually so the SBG, Fascine AVRE and the ARK are unlikely. The various other engineering vehicles are almost certainly not in.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 16 Mar 2017 13:17

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:So any German panzer division can attach a schwere Panzerabteilungen (heavy tank battalion I just love the German name) and get access to Tigers?

There will be ...