World news thread

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Re: World news thread

Postby frostypooky » Wed 29 Mar 2017 20:33

i mean the language on the fliers themselves are likely to make average person laugh at the individual level, and in the broader sense, NK's constant reminders of nuclear weapons and delivery capabilities are doing more to raise SK conversation about action or nuclear armament than they are to cow SK popular opinion out of joint drills or THAAD or etc. if the goal is to get SK to do something rash, that is the only explanation I can think of for agitating SK in this way.

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 30 Mar 2017 20:17

frostypooky wrote:i mean the language on the fliers themselves are likely to make average person laugh at the individual level, and in the broader sense, NK's constant reminders of nuclear weapons and delivery capabilities are doing more to raise SK conversation about action or nuclear armament than they are to cow SK popular opinion out of joint drills or THAAD or etc. if the goal is to get SK to do something rash, that is the only explanation I can think of for agitating SK in this way.

Do you think the lefties time-honored tradition of giving Kim free hand-jobs engaging North Korea is going to fly anymore? I can't really see how the right-wing could win the next election, and Moon is already getting his hands lubed up.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 30 Mar 2017 21:04

Admiral Piett wrote:Do you think the lefties time-honored tradition of giving Kim free hand-jobs engaging North Korea is going to fly anymore? I can't really see how the right-wing could win the next election, and Moon is already getting his hands lubed up.

That's really nice of him to not give a dry tug.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Fri 31 Mar 2017 06:52

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vance-s ... -1.4048958

"The reprofiling was our choice," Vance said. "I know people have a hard time believing that, but it is true. There's no point giving us billions when we can't spend it."

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 31 Mar 2017 10:33

Admiral Piett wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vance-sajjan-defence-spending-1.4048958

"The reprofiling was our choice," Vance said. "I know people have a hard time believing that, but it is true. There's no point giving us billions when we can't spend it."

I mean, can't really argue with that!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 31 Mar 2017 11:54

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Admiral Piett wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vance-sajjan-defence-spending-1.4048958

Step 1: Decide you do actually need the F-35 because it's going to be the only 5th Gen fighter that Canada can buy for a while and it makes everything else look obsolete.
Step 2: Ask the government for more money. :lol:
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Sat 1 Apr 2017 07:30

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... 8#comments

"I do oppose all American presence in Syria." - an American, in Syria

Lel

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sat 1 Apr 2017 09:20

FrangibleCover wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:

Step 1: Decide you do actually need the F-35 because it's going to be the only 5th Gen fighter that Canada can buy for a while and it makes everything else look obsolete.
Step 2: Ask the government for more money. :lol:

I don't get why Canada needs a stealth fighter its main role is combat air patrol, and I don't think in any conflict the RCAF has been involved in has had them doing first day strikes. They could easily do very will getting by with a Euro canard with stand off weapons.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 1 Apr 2017 09:24

It's also good to have fighters aren't aging/falling apart with depleted supply of spare parts.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 1 Apr 2017 10:05

Vulcan 607 wrote:
I don't get why Canada needs a stealth fighter its main role is combat air patrol, and I don't think in any conflict the RCAF has been involved in has had them doing first day strikes. They could easily do very will getting by with a Euro canard with stand off weapons.

or a Ralf, for domestic use, a low autonomy fighter makes little sense. I think they planned to use it for navy operation on US carriers as we don't really have our own. Probably why our entire fleet is F18s :/

NK is one of the few nations that seem uninterested in nuclear power but probably sinking resources into weapon development, yet same coin is facing power shortages. Or they just have a poorly managed grid? However I don't see how they could benefit for shortages maybe I'm just falling for the April fools jokes.
Can some one Translate this?
I dunno if I feel right sharing this it seems like propaganda.

Return to “Off-Topic”