I've been trying on and off the past few month to research American aerial ordinance for a War Thunder suggestion/general list of all relevant weapons. I'm good on the bombs, but the rockets are hard to find sources for. I'm hoping somebody out there can help.
Here's what I'm looking for:
1. Any information on the 6.5 inch RAM/ATAR rocket. Honestly I don't expect much info on this, it was developed in a hurry and dropped quickly. Explosive weight would be really nice. I do have numbers on penetration though.
2. The HEAT warhead for the 2.75" rocket, the M247, uses M72 LAW components in the warhead and has the same penetration. The Amy actually wrote down how much the LAW penetrates (still not sure why), but there's a slight issue. Penetration of the basic warhead is 200mm, however check the picture used to illustrate penetration (Ignore the 300mm bit, I screencaped the improved A2 manual). So is it 200mm of vertical armor or 200mm at some unknown slope?
3. How much armor with a Zuni rocket penetrate? Somehow this is even harder than the 2.75s, I only found the explosive weight in an EOD manual (5-18), and was forced to resort to looking for information on the fuses. That sort of worked (Page 12), I now know the Mk.32 shaped charge will penetrate 3 feet/914mm of concrete. Any way to convert to armor penetration?
4. The HVAR 5" rocket apparently penetrates 3.5" armor at 70 degrees, the equivalent to 263mm vertically. (Thanks to RougeStarflyer on the WT forum for that one. Gave me the idea to search for fuse test as well). Any other sources for HEAT HVAR penetration?
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php? ... t-warhead/
5. The Mk.5 2.75" warhead was used on early FFAR rockets and the Mk.20 Rockeye cluster bomb. Can anyone make any sense of THIS analysis of penetration at various angles? Several of the numbers aren't making any sense to me.
6. Any idea how much armor the Mk.77 grenade submunitions used in the M261http://bulletpicker.com/pdf/TM%2043-0001-30,%20Rockets,%20Rocket%20Systems,%20Rocket%20Fuzes,%20Rocket%20Motors.pdf for the 2.75" rocket penetrates?
7. Any solid info on the Bullpup missile?
8. Any idea when exactly the 2.75" rockets went to the higher-velocity Hydra motors?
9. Anything weapons-wise you're looking for? Might have stumbled across it myself at some point.
As far as I know none of this stuff is actually secret/classified,