#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Shrike » Tue 30 Jan 2018 20:22

Doinize wrote:
Shrike wrote:I don't know anything about Soros, however I have a hard time believing a rich man would plot to destroy civilization

Soros wouldnt get 99% percent of the shit he gets if he werent jewish.

I never understood how people were so gullible into believing an entire ethnic/religious group is responsible for many of the world's problems.

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 30 Jan 2018 21:10

Well, Puerto Rico is getting its aid cut off...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... uerto-rico

I can't even say I'm surprised by this. Reasons for ending the aid?

"If we're giving free water and food, that means that families are not going to supermarkets to buy," he added. "It is affecting the economy of Puerto Rico. So we need to create a balance. With the financial assistance we're providing to families and the municipalities, they're able to go back to the normal economy."
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Shrike » Tue 30 Jan 2018 21:50

I'm getting sick of the polarization of American politics and how sensationalized the media has become. Too much use of subjective language from CNN, Fox, and others, like objective reporting seems dead. Back then someone like Cronkite could maintain composure while reporting on the death of JFK, today CNN reporters are in tears because Trump insulted countries like Haiti. Indeed Trump is a clown, however the news contributes to his ego and they keep coming out with big stories over nothing. Like following him around a golf course or keep talking about Russian collusion. Eventually people might get tire of it and stop taking the whole Russia thing seriously, even if serious evidence comes out.

Meanwhile the media has helped create an environment where people have become so divided that they see people from different ideologies and groups as dehumanized enemies rather than people with different views. Then they flock back to their respective echo chambers to confirm their biases.

User avatar
Gronank
Colonel
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue 8 Nov 2011 23:40
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Gronank » Tue 30 Jan 2018 21:56

Vulcan 607 wrote:That's what I don't get if Russia feels cornered why do they try to provoke NATO, personally I think the Russians are rolling on the laughing because NATO which is far stronger has been bending over backwards to accommodate them.

Brinkmanship is a lucrative activity when conducted against people who don't like brinks.
Image

User avatar
Vulcan 607
Major-General
Posts: 3911
Joined: Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:40
Location: Malton
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 30 Jan 2018 23:07

Gronank wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:That's what I don't get if Russia feels cornered why do they try to provoke NATO, personally I think the Russians are rolling on the laughing because NATO which is far stronger has been bending over backwards to accommodate them.

Brinkmanship is a lucrative activity when conducted against people who don't like brinks.


So true

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 31 Jan 2018 00:47

Vulcan 607 wrote:
Gronank wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:That's what I don't get if Russia feels cornered why do they try to provoke NATO, personally I think the Russians are rolling on the laughing because NATO which is far stronger has been bending over backwards to accommodate them.

Brinkmanship is a lucrative activity when conducted against people who don't like brinks.


So true

Juche has been playing it successfully for decades as well. They got a lot of their aid cut off, but who wants to bet that they worm out some bennies somehow in these latest talks?
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
frostypooky
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4334
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 14:12
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby frostypooky » Wed 31 Jan 2018 03:18

Victor Cha is out of the running for US Amb to S Korea because he didnt agree a US strike on NK or dropping KORUS trade deal would be good ideas. this is the conservative camp's most qualified and respected person on Korea issues, it's like tossing out Mattis because he didn't agree that Abrams rolling down DC for a parade would be a good idea. that the Trump admin would throw out the number 1 conservative Korea guy because he didnt agree to meme policy is telling.

User avatar
Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13730
Joined: Mon 9 Jul 2012 02:46
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Killertomato » Wed 31 Jan 2018 05:33

frostypooky wrote:Victor Cha is out of the running for US Amb to S Korea because he didnt agree a US strike on NK or dropping KORUS trade deal would be good ideas. this is the conservative camp's most qualified and respected person on Korea issues, it's like tossing out Mattis because he didn't agree that Abrams rolling down DC for a parade would be a good idea. that the Trump admin would throw out the number 1 conservative Korea guy because he didnt agree to meme policy is telling.


We are in the age of rule by meme. The people in the seats believe and the people backing them don't care as long as they get their taxes cut.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.


They always used to go on about that, presumably thinking that congress would tax the rich into the dirt and spend it all on welfare. Turns out, the bribe's a tax cut for gullible idiots who think about government spending entirely in terms of the military and my medicare (good) and millions in payments to blaxican welfare queens who use the money to buy escalades and abort children from baby daddy #23 while conducting science experiments on the sex lives of mice (bad and most of it).

I'm skilled labor now, so that's my way out. Unless the dems sweep in November, this place is about to get a lot worse before it gets better. Best case is Berlusconi Italy. Worst case? Venezuela. The economy is already starting to slow down.

Fade2Gray wrote:Juche has been playing it successfully for decades as well. They got a lot of their aid cut off, but who wants to bet that they worm out some bennies somehow in these latest talks?


They'd need to bullshit it past Trump. He won't give them anything except a bucket of instant sunshine. Unless Kim Jong Un says something nice about him, in which case the money will appear as if by magic.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 31 Jan 2018 06:06

Killertomato wrote:
frostypooky wrote:Victor Cha is out of the running for US Amb to S Korea because he didnt agree a US strike on NK or dropping KORUS trade deal would be good ideas. this is the conservative camp's most qualified and respected person on Korea issues, it's like tossing out Mattis because he didn't agree that Abrams rolling down DC for a parade would be a good idea. that the Trump admin would throw out the number 1 conservative Korea guy because he didnt agree to meme policy is telling.


We are in the age of rule by meme. The people in the seats believe and the people backing them don't care as long as they get their taxes cut.

The meme the right is trying to push hard now? Liberals are the real traitors and traitors must hang. More and more on the right wing talking heads are saying that now, and not just Alex Jones.

Killertomato wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Juche has been playing it successfully for decades as well. They got a lot of their aid cut off, but who wants to bet that they worm out some bennies somehow in these latest talks?


They'd need to bullshit it past Trump. He won't give them anything except a bucket of instant sunshine. Unless Kim Jong Un says something nice about him, in which case the money will appear as if by magic.

As much as Juche loves to spew vitriol I have little doubt that Fatty has noticed that how well it works to butter up Trump and put on a show for him. From the Sauds to the Chinese, theres plenty of examples of how eash it ia to manipulate him. Trump's ego is so easy to stroke it's laughable.

Killertomato wrote:I'm skilled labor now, so that's my way out. Unless the dems sweep in November, this place is about to get a lot worse before it gets better. Best case is Berlusconi Italy. Worst case? Venezuela. The economy is already starting to slow down.

If you don't have the stomach to stick around, then bail out while you can. Make up your mind before it does get worse, and then go. I don't have much time left, so me staying doesn't mean much in the long run. The constant exodus of decent liberals though is fucking this country in the long run.

Republican wins the WH? Liberals bail out. Democrat wins? The right just shifts even more to the right and keeps going as they have been.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
Kinglorre
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat 22 Feb 2014 17:41
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Kinglorre » Wed 31 Jan 2018 12:28

So on a scale of 1 - 10 for the Americans here. How nuts was the state of the union address? The hypernormalization is real imho.

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests