I don't know if this is the best place, but...

Major_@Vance
Private First-Class

I don't know if this is the best place, but...

Postby Major_@Vance » Fri 6 Jul 2018 17:30

I'm suffering an ACCESS VIOLATION 0x00000000 when I played the Busan Pocket with modified Battlegroups and in-battle Deployment points. After wrecking the North Koreans in Uichang, it goes to the loading screen, then I get this error beneath a black screen! Again, this may not be the right place - But it may be more than the average technical error. So, if anyone has a solution, contact me at your earliest convenience. Because I can't afford to let this happen when I'm doing other campaigns edited with the Battlegroup Manager. (Unfortunately, I can't provide the Dump files at this time because it keeps saying, "Invalid file extension")
Attachments
ACCESS VIOLATION reading 0x00000000.jpg
The Access Violation in Question
ACCESS VIOLATION reading 0x00000000.jpg (35.49 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Re: I don't know if this is the best place, but...

Postby Zomba69 » Mon 9 Jul 2018 14:40

Major_@Vance wrote:I'm suffering an ACCESS VIOLATION 0x00000000 when I played the Busan Pocket with modified Battlegroups and in-battle Deployment points. After wrecking the North Koreans in Uichang, it goes to the loading screen, then I get this error beneath a black screen! Again, this may not be the right place - But it may be more than the average technical error. So, if anyone has a solution, contact me at your earliest convenience. Because I can't afford to let this happen when I'm doing other campaigns edited with the Battlegroup Manager. (Unfortunately, I can't provide the Dump files at this time because it keeps saying, "Invalid file extension")

Have you changed anything else, like pawns or icons? Usually, this means there is some mistake somewhere and it will be faster to do it again than to try to find it :( In the future, make regular back ups of modding process. Climb Mountain campaign is really tricky to modd, so do not start with that one. In general, I think changing pawns, icons, BG objectives and starting positions can lead to crushes, especially in the Climb Mountain and sometimes Busan Pocket.

Major_@Vance
Private First-Class

Re: I don't know if this is the best place, but...

Postby Major_@Vance » Fri 13 Jul 2018 08:26

That can throw a wrench in things! I never thought of changing positions as a potential cause of the crashes - Especially if I were to try make more historical positions for modded units in the 2nd Korean War.

Return to “Modding”