unlock big maps

Ivan
Corporal

unlock big maps

Postby Ivan » Wed 30 Jan 2019 22:04

I have recently unlocked the 10 v 10 maps on WG alb using a drag and drop pre made NDF that somebody kindly made very minor changes on.
It works great even on mulitplayer and breaths SO MUCH LIFE into the game.
I am wondering how the hell do you do this for Red dragon...
I have looked at a few guides and I am not (entirely) clueless about modding suite.
But there seems to be no way to find a path to change minimum player counts to null.

I figured the path was going to be the usual route of steam apps...then wargame red dragon ..data..pc..correct version number..the misc/global..multimap then find the 10 v 10 maps and just change the values to null.

So anyway If some body much more brainy can type me out the 100% accurate exact path to follow to reach the map editing in the modding suite that would be amazing.
or if its easier just quickly do it for the community and post the NDF so thickos like me can drag and drop that would be even more amazing
Also a curiosity I noticed all the cool WG ALB 10 v 10 maps in the red dragon files when i was trying to do this...I assume they are not laying dormant in the game just begging to be unlocked as well?...i can dream

Tanks kindly ...thx ;)

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Re: unlock big maps

Postby Sireyn » Thu 31 Jan 2019 05:57

You were very close. The same method of nulling NbMinPlayers still works, as I have already done in my image.

Note that the 10v10 version of Gjoll is broken and will crash the game when you load into it. Game versions 53208 and prior do work for it if you were ever desperate.

Ivan
Corporal

Postby Ivan » Thu 31 Jan 2019 17:37

HOLY COW MAN that is great news..
This is a tad embarrassing but for the life of me I can not seem to reach that line /misc globals...class 14 multimaps

I open the NDF and have my initial first choice of route to make...for example sake I could open the (everything folder) .. if i was going to edit unit price , rank or availability if modding single player.
so am I even in the right place? or should I be using another tool or version of the editor?
I am fairly sure a simple direct final screen grab is all i need to get on the correct path.
I must be searching in the wrong place.

Thank you so very in advance ! You will have just helped me really enjoy Red Dragon I will get on Modding Suite Immediately once i know how to find this one command line.
Also did you just say that those lovely green maps (except for one) from WG ALB actually work on Red dragon are just sitting unused ?
That would be bloody ridiculous ..I would have to question if devs understand the concept of fun if that was the case!

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Thu 31 Jan 2019 21:14

Ivan wrote:HOLY COW MAN that is great news..
This is a tad embarrassing but for the life of me I can not seem to reach that line /misc globals...class 14 multimaps

I open the NDF and have my initial first choice of route to make...for example sake I could open the (everything folder) .. if i was going to edit unit price , rank or availability if modding single player.
so am I even in the right place? or should I be using another tool or version of the editor?
I am fairly sure a simple direct final screen grab is all i need to get on the correct path.
I must be searching in the wrong place.

Make sure you are looking at the NDF from ...\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510064564. In the big list, use the search bar and look for "globals", then open the result. My exact reference numbers might be different from you because I am running a mod that is built from a different game version.

Ivan wrote:Thank you so very in advance ! You will have just helped me really enjoy Red Dragon I will get on Modding Suite Immediately once i know how to find this one command line.
Also did you just say that those lovely green maps (except for one) from WG ALB actually work on Red dragon are just sitting unused ?
That would be bloody ridiculous ..I would have to question if devs understand the concept of fun if that was the case!

The maps from ALB don't work for RD. There has been limited success in getting some imported, but they lack the ALB assets, like trees, houses, and textures. The devs have stated that they would have to recreate each one from scratch.

Gjoll is the name of one of the normal RD 10v10 maps.

Ivan
Corporal

Postby Ivan » Thu 31 Jan 2019 22:05

That did the trick thank you..I found the instances I needed to edit to null.
how ever I think i may also need to make another tweak to get the maps to actually show up in the menu within the game.

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Fri 1 Feb 2019 01:50

Setting the minimum player count to null is all that is needed. It will show up in singleplayer and multiplayer games.

12Cal
Private First-Class

Postby 12Cal » Tue 12 Feb 2019 01:49

Sireyn wrote:You were very close. The same method of nulling NbMinPlayers still works, as I have already done in my image.

Note that the 10v10 version of Gjoll is broken and will crash the game when you load into it. Game versions 53208 and prior do work for it if you were ever desperate.

Thanks, I was quite stumped as to why Gjoll wouldn't load. Though in my case I couldn't type in "null" in the NbMnPlayers box, only numbers.

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Tue 12 Feb 2019 07:06

12Cal wrote:Thanks, I was quite stumped as to why Gjoll wouldn't load. Though in my case I couldn't type in "null" in the NbMnPlayers box, only numbers.

To null a property, you have to highlight the row and click the square icon with the X at the top right.

12Cal
Private First-Class

Postby 12Cal » Wed 13 Mar 2019 09:14

Sireyn wrote:
12Cal wrote:Thanks, I was quite stumped as to why Gjoll wouldn't load. Though in my case I couldn't type in "null" in the NbMnPlayers box, only numbers.

To null a property, you have to highlight the row and click the square icon with the X at the top right.

Gotcha, thanks.

Ivan
Corporal

Postby Ivan » Sat 23 Mar 2019 18:14

Sireyn wrote:

Just also saying thanks for that help to everybody everything worked very well and I hosted plently of games no problem with nobody else needing to do anything.

I am now referring back to this post to do it again since i can not play WG with out it now as its just so much better
I had to uninstall it due to a unrelated issue with steam is the only reason i need to do it all again

Return to “Modding”