World news thread

Doinize
Lieutenant

Re: World news thread

Postby Doinize » Sun 5 May 2019 14:44

Shrike wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48132411
These yellow people are getting out of hand and need to be stopped.

Obvious spin on them getting chased in there by police, its pretty obvious from whats in the article itself.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 9 May 2019 21:26

http://time.com/5581325/florida-bill-armed-teachers-guardian/

When you can't find more funding for better teacher treatment, more resources, smaller classrooms or more help for students mental wellbeing. But can pull 70 million out of your arse so you can give teachers some guns!

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 12 May 2019 04:50

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:http://time.com/5581325/florida-bill-armed-teachers-guardian/

When you can't find more funding for better teacher treatment, more resources, smaller classrooms or more help for students mental wellbeing. But can pull 70 million out of your arse so you can give teachers some guns!

On that topic at least in my ideal country you can own semi-automatic rifles and allow for lax immigration via open borders.

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national ... his-winter
You can address the housing issue with zoning reform to allow for the construction of larger structures such as apartments rather than single family unit housing such as houses. [url=https://www.labour.org.nz/100days]Looking at labours platform[url]:
Pass the Healthy Homes Guarantee Bill, requiring all rentals to be warm and dry

Ban overseas speculators from buying existing houses

Issue an instruction to Housing New Zealand to stop the state house sell-off

Which would increase the price of housing and you are now banning foreigners, particularly the Chinese which have been the target of NZ first.
https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/is-jac ... o-be-26531
The most striking example of the tolerance of racism in Ardern’s government lies with Winston Peters. The far-right New Zealand First party, which Peters leads, formed a coalition government with Ardern’s Labour party following the 2017 national elections.

At the time Ardern and her party agreed on the power-sharing agreement, New Zealand First’s platform carried restrictive immigration policies, and Peters’ long history of racist and Islamophobic rhetoric was well-documented. During the 1996 national elections, Peters led New Zealand First’s campaign by stirring fears of an “Asian invasion.”

In 2005, Peters stated that immigration contributed to New Zealand being the “the last Asian colony.” In 2014, on the subject of Chinese investment in the farming sector, he joked that “two Wongs don’t make a white.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47634132
Which is ironic for the woman who has called for the global fight against racism by banning black rifles and brown people from owning property.

Florida's initiative to arm teachers is foolish, but throwing more money at schools will only go toward the teachers union and the pockets of bad teacher rather than toward improving educational standards and school supplies. As far the article

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 14 May 2019 01:03

Holy shit, that's some massive misinformation right there! Defiantly not going to be thirsty after all that cool-aid you've drank!

- First of all NZF is not "Far-right" by any means, reactionary? Perhaps. Condescending? Defiantly. But center-right at most

- Second of all, the property ban was for overseas speculators ie. Property investors. Fuck it is literally in the quote you just said! This is to stop foreign investors drive up the prices of housing by creating an artificial scarcity of land where no one is living in it. If you're a NZ resident, foreign born or not, you are allowed to buy property to live in. This caused a massive crisis in my country, not only my country, but also Australia and Canada too! Which all passed similar laws, because foreign investment without tenat or development fucked up the housing market so bad, it cause several crisis' in all the major cities across all three countries. Hell, even the "victim" you're trying to play here, China, has similar laws to stop that from happening.

- Third. The new immigration laws didn't put any new restrictions on immigration, but simply closed several loopholes and exploits which allowed immigrants to utilize visa's for reasons they shouldn't. (Such as getting full time employment/residence though student visas and not attending the schools). Had you actually read the bill and not pointless rhetoric from some strange two bit Turkish site, you would have known that.

But oh no.. Not the semi-automatics (and even then, not ALL the semi-automatics) how else are we going to hunt venison... It's not like there's some mechanics which we can chamber a round with some lateral movement of our non-dominant hand. Curse those reasonable reformations and closing of loopholes which allowed this to happen in the first place! If only we armed those rabbi instead!

Florida's initiative to arm teachers is foolish, but throwing more money at schools will only go toward the teachers union and the pockets of bad teacher rather than toward improving educational standards and school supplies

Ahh so you're anti-union.. Should have known. My god those two lines speak much for your way of thinking!
Last edited by Grabbed_by_the_Spets on Thu 16 May 2019 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 16 May 2019 05:19

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Ahh so you're anti-union.. Should have known. My god those two lines speak much for your way of thinking!

To be fair, I hate many American unions as well. Being originally from Michigan(and Detroit being my city of birth, childhood, teenage, and young adult years), where Jimmy Hoffa made a big name for himself, I grew to loath union workers. With seniority came the excuse to sit around doing jack shit while everyone else busted their asses. Then they bring in temps and let them do the hard stuff while they smoke and joke.

American unions, especially in the manufacturing industry, have some seriously deep issues.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 16 May 2019 05:42

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Ahh so you're anti-union.. Should have known. My god those two lines speak much for your way of thinking!

Not entirely. I despise the public sector unions mostly, the private ones I could care less about. While they do some good, things like offering representation, they are too powerful to the point of offering protection for the most corrupt of teachers and police officers.

Other than that, unions in general have had a hand in creating inequality in this country by creating certain barriers to entry which keep minorities and immigrants out the job as a means to protect their jobs and enable them to keep doing fuck all. A good example would be arbitrary occupational licensing.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 16 May 2019 18:57

Fade2Gray wrote:

To be fair, I hate many American unions as well. Being originally from Michigan(and Detroit being my city of birth, childhood, teenage, and young adult years), where Jimmy Hoffa made a big name for himself, I grew to loath union workers. With seniority came the excuse to sit around doing jack shit while everyone else busted their asses. Then they bring in temps and let them do the hard stuff while they smoke and joke.

American unions, especially in the manufacturing industry, have some seriously deep issues.

Seems the opposite here, much of the union here opposes zero hour contracts and the overworking of temps, it's actually been quite a busy week for them as there plans to be a (second) complete junior doctors strike and a nationwide teachers strike.

I joined the union this year, it's been a godsend since the new managers are.. Not the most popular with the squad.

Shrike wrote:Not entirely. I despise the public sector unions mostly, the private ones I could care less about. While they do some good, things like offering representation, they are too powerful to the point of offering protection for the most corrupt of teachers and police officers.

Historically at least, minimum wage, maximum hours and anti-child labor laws and much more seem pretty damned good.

I also know several people who worked as teachers in the states, some of the horror stories I've heard from there make me feel more compelled to think it's more the system is broken more that it being "Bad teachers"

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 13 Aug 2019 00:46

Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Off-Topic”