Post your deck!

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Post your deck!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 1 May 2013 16:20

Panzer4life wrote:I don't have beta yet. :( I have yet to preorder this game. But a question, how long will the beta run, and when will the game come out?

22nd of may if memory serves
Viker for ingen!

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 1 May 2013 16:41

BTR wrote:Of course with WAB limitations. Was it a gameplay descision to not have strela's igla's and ATGM teams in BMP-1/2's? It could really be usefull for late soviet mechanised deck.

Yes.
From what I've read several times, Soviet ATGM team never ride in a vehicle with ATGM mounted on it. Sounds logical actually.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 1 May 2013 16:42

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
BTR wrote:Of course with WAB limitations. Was it a gameplay descision to not have strela's igla's and ATGM teams in BMP-1/2's? It could really be usefull for late soviet mechanised deck.

Yes.
From what I've read several times, Soviet ATGM team never ride in a vehicle with ATGM mounted on it. Sounds logical actually.

meanwhile american dragon teams are available in a m113 with a dragon on top :lol:
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Wed 1 May 2013 16:57

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
BTR wrote:Of course with WAB limitations. Was it a gameplay decision to not have strela's igla's and ATGM teams in BMP-1/2's? It could really be useful for late soviet mechanised deck.

Yes.

Very correct about the ATGM's, they should be available in BTR-60/70/80 along the MTLB's for mechanised decks since a typical atgm battery would be 18 ATGM units in 10 BTR's. Or would that create too much overlap with the "air-lifter" type of deck? However, I think AA teams could be placed in BMP's, or at least tested :) . Also, what about razvedka in BMP-2's? Also a gameplay decision?

Brandt
Sergeant

Postby Brandt » Wed 1 May 2013 16:58

Here is a deck that will never see any action and it was only created for the historical value and laughs. :P

Internal Security Units - The sole purpose of these units was to keep the "right" people in power.

http://i.imgur.com/qYHIM65.jpg
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Wed 1 May 2013 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Hade3
Corporal

Postby Hade3 » Wed 1 May 2013 17:01

Here's my first try in W:AB Pact

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1082265381502713442/F886559F401DA452017A51A607C3ED10B991AF29/

There's no particular theme here, just trying to be a Jack of all trades deck while being a pain for enemy SEAD weapons.

I haven't got the time to test it out yet though...
'Only the dead have seen the end of war.' - George Santayana

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Wed 1 May 2013 17:06

Brandt wrote:Here is a deck that will never see any action and it was only created for the historical value and laughs.

Why do you think historical or authentic decks won't be any good? They are not too bad if you know how to handle them:

Here is a little brag from a recent game where I am using the historic deck previously posted:

Yes you might get your ass kicked sometimes (like with my Soviet marine decks), but you can't win every time anyways.

Brandt
Sergeant

Postby Brandt » Wed 1 May 2013 17:34

BTR wrote:
Brandt wrote:Here is a deck that will never see any action and it was only created for the historical value and laughs.

Why do you think historical or authentic decks won't be any good? They are not too bad if you know how to handle them:

Here is a little brag from a recent game where I am using the historic deck previously posted:

Yes you might get your ass kicked sometimes (like with my Soviet marine decks), but you can't win every time anyways.

On the contrary, I believe that the national decks are awesome.
But this deck is intended to pacify civilians and not fight proper combat decks/divisions. ;)

GhostCZE
Private

Postby GhostCZE » Wed 1 May 2013 18:39

D-M wrote:In America (US-Armored)
http://puu.sh/2KDgZ.jpg

Pretty OP deck, u have like 48 Abrams :D
Man thats crazy...

Leon026
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Leon026 » Wed 1 May 2013 18:50

Here's mine:

Brigade Franco-Allemande

*I chose RIMa infantry because Chasseurs with no FAMAS option makes me sad.

HQ: Combined Franco-German Brigade Staff, and Logistics Battalion
Infantry: (DE) Jaegerbatallion 291, (DE) Jaegerbatallion 292, (FR) 110e Régiment d'Infanterie
Armor/Recon: (FR) 3e Régiment de Hussards
Artillery: (DE) Artilleriebatallion 295 (Used Roland for Marder-Roland)

Air Assets: ALAT, Luftwaffe, Armée de l'Air

PS - Why is the PAMELA Mistral system not available to the Troupes de Marines?
Attachments
BFA Deck.jpg
BFA Deck.jpg (254 KiB) Viewed 863 times

Return to “Tips & Tutorials”