FPS Killers

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

FPS Killers

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Sat 11 May 2013 20:55

Is smoke when you zoom into it also such an FPS killer for the other players here on the forum?
Or when you zoom max in on a vehicle, and it explodes, does that also kill your FPS so much? Or artillery fire and explosions when fully zoomed in and they completly fill out the screen?

And two other things:
1. Thing: When I activate the "Grass Animation" option in the settings it always sets itself back to "No" each time a start the game, no matter how I exited it. (No crash, just exiting it normally)

2. Thing: Graphic issue.When a Shilka or other AAA systems shoot at a plane or a helicopter then you see a trail of bulletcraters on the GROUND. Best example is to let an A-10 (Since they fly rather slow) past a Shilka and watch the ground while the AAA fires at the A-10, you will see a nice trail of bulletcraters follow the A-10.

BlessPL
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: FPS Killers

Postby BlessPL » Sat 11 May 2013 21:02

hanspeter_schnitzel wrote:Is smoke when you zoom into it also such an FPS killer for the other players here on the forum?
Or when you zoom max in on a vehicle, and it explodes, does that also kill your FPS so much? Or artillery fire and explosions when fully zoomed in and they completly fill out the screen?

And two other things:
1. Thing: When I activate the "Grass Animation" option in the settings it always sets itself back to "No" each time a start the game, no matter how I exited it. (No crash, just exiting it normally)

2. Thing: Graphic issue.When a Shilka or other AAA systems shoot at a plane or a helicopter then you see a trail of bulletcraters on the GROUND. Best example is to let an A-10 (Since they fly rather slow) past a Shilka and watch the ground while the AAA fires at the A-10, you will see a nice trail of bulletcraters follow the A-10.

Yes, zooming in on major napalm strike does kills my fps too, but small explosions and so on does not :)
Same with grass animation, always have to change it back to BLOODY YES!
And I can also recommend to use preset settings like insane or very high - instead of maxing out every single one of custom setting, it runs really great (stable 60 fps) on preset insane for me, but drops to about ~30 fps when I change something manually :P
War. War never changes.

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Sat 11 May 2013 21:09

I have everything on auto set. =/ I have average of 60 FPS when I am hovering far over a fight, but not zoomed out max, 50-55 when zoomed in on a bunch of units that don't do anything (max zoom in), 30-45 when hovering over a fight (Not max zoomed in but still quite a bit zoomed in) and 30-35 when zoomed in max on a unit that is shooting or being shot at.. as long as it doesn't explode. The moment a tank or something explodes RIGHT infront of my camera, so that he explosion fills the WHOLE screen my FPS drops to 12 when the explosion is at its biggest point. ._.

BlessPL

Postby BlessPL » Sat 11 May 2013 21:19

hanspeter_schnitzel wrote:I have everything on auto set. =/ I have average of 60 FPS when I am hovering far over a fight, but not zoomed out max, 50-55 when zoomed in on a bunch of units that don't do anything (max zoom in), 30-45 when hovering over a fight (Not max zoomed in but still quite a bit zoomed in) and 30-35 when zoomed in max on a unit that is shooting or being shot at.. as long as it doesn't explode. The moment a tank or something explodes RIGHT infront of my camera, so that he explosion fills the WHOLE screen my FPS drops to 12 when the explosion is at its biggest point. ._.

One might ask what graphics card do you have? :)
War. War never changes.

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Sat 11 May 2013 21:59

Radeon HD 7870

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Sat 11 May 2013 22:03

Sorry for double post: And the game sets most things for me on very high or insane when I use AutoSet.

JayJay
Sergeant

Postby JayJay » Sat 11 May 2013 22:16

Zooming close to forests and smoke drops my fps.

Fullforce
Master Sergeant

Postby Fullforce » Sat 11 May 2013 22:30

TOS-1s simultaneously kills my frames and my fun times in one press of the button. :?

nimitz98

Postby nimitz98 » Sat 11 May 2013 22:45

The Buratino is lag warfare.
EF-111 RAVEN -- UNSTOPPABLE MENACE TO CVs -- PLZ NERF
Spoiler : :

BelgarionNL
Warrant Officer

Postby BelgarionNL » Sat 11 May 2013 23:38

yea buy a new GFX card :P unless there is a lot of smoke I don't have any problems!

simply don't look at the buratino since your units will be dead anyway :P

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”