Player levels need to be publicly visible in game lobbies

naizarak
Captain

Player levels need to be publicly visible in game lobbies

Postby naizarak » Thu 16 May 2013 21:53

Don't think I need to explain this one. Why was it even removed in the first place?

nutegunray
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Player levels need to be publicly visible in game lobbie

Postby nutegunray » Thu 16 May 2013 21:57

Because it indicated no player skill whatsoever, and would result in new players being kicked (to them seemingly arbitrarily) and getting fed up because nobody would tell them why they r being kicked.

In W:EE we have this problem, if you have a high level sometimes it can take forever to get a game, cause people will "fear" you. Or newbies getting kicked.

I been in many games where level 20's and 30's beat the Jesus out of level 70's and 80's. Levels indicate no skill and I like they removed it.

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant

Postby OmikronAnubis » Thu 16 May 2013 21:58

Because its pointless :roll:
In Wargame:EE people were kicked out of games because they were "to weak" or "to strong" just measured by their level which is completly nonsense. Even the biggest noob could become a highlevel-guy if he looses often enoug and says nothing about his playstyle and skill while even a beginner might be level 1 and know way more about the game as you may think: Because he mastered the whole campagin and got plenty of stars to spend which made him make a good deck and good use of his units... :roll:

cphoenix
Command Sergeant Major

Postby cphoenix » Thu 16 May 2013 22:02

Yeah...very good reasons for it not being there. When it comes to level and Elo score, I don't need them to be visible at all. The only person who should be able to see your Elo score and level is you. Otherwise it's only good for setting-up ranked matches and e-peen fencing.
AirLand Battle Strategy Guide

1. Have a CAP.
2. Always have a CAP.
3. If you don't have a CAP, get a CAP.

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Thu 16 May 2013 22:09

Because it indicated no player skill whatsoever, and would result in new players being kicked (to them seemingly arbitrarily) and getting fed up because nobody would tell them why they r being kicked.

Because its pointless :roll:
In Wargame:EE people were kicked out of games because they were "to weak" or "to strong" just measured by their level which is completly nonsense.

People think that higher level players are better because on average people are better at high level. Anecdotal tales aside it is just a fact that on average a guy who has played 20 games will be smashed by a guy who has played 100. No real argument against that people get better the more they play (Messiahs and savants excluded of course).

Now the problem is that newbs get kicked and pros can wait forever to play a game, then pro's start making new accounts and newbs quit with frustration. This is a problem so it shouldn't be displayed IMO.

I would like to see a rep for the players on how often they quit that I find way more annoying then playing with weak or strong players. I don't know how many times I've played extremely tough battles and one side collapses and that player quits. I need that guys units to help hold it.

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Thu 16 May 2013 22:28

This is ridiculous. THE ENTIRE POINT OF LEVELS IS FOR OTHER PLAYERS TO GAUGE YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Why am I supposed to roll the dice every time I go into a lobby - why can't I know my team's skill level in advance and adjust accordingly. And regarding player kicking

a)if you're a noob in a high-level game you deserve to be kicked
b)if you're a high-level player in a noob lobby you deserve to be kicked

Ultimately it's up to the lobby hoster, and quite frankly they can kick you for a thousand other reasons anyways.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Thu 16 May 2013 22:30

cphoenix wrote:Yeah...very good reasons for it not being there. When it comes to level and Elo score, I don't need them to be visible at all. The only person who should be able to see your Elo score and level is you. Otherwise it's only good for setting-up ranked matches and e-peen fencing.

+1

Khan
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Khan » Thu 16 May 2013 22:44

Now you get kicked cause your elo is crap. same issue.
And in ALB i get kicked for no reason. just kicked.

But +1 for levels in public games. I dont wanna play with casuals thats frustrating.

If ppl no want levels what about an indication haow long any guy spent time in ALB. A timer like in steam.
Or an indication how many matches he absolved.

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Thu 16 May 2013 22:47

Why am I supposed to roll the dice every time I go into a lobby - why can't I know my team's skill level in advance and adjust accordingly. And regarding player kicking

a)if you're a noob in a high-level game you deserve to be kicked
b)if you're a high-level player in a noob lobby you deserve to be kicked

Ultimately it's up to the lobby hoster, and quite frankly they can kick you for a thousand other reasons anyways.

Yes/No this is a small player base. I think a rep system (http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=28785) would work much better and you could still gauge their relative experience from that. I would rather play with a newb all the way to the end of the game then a high level guy who quits on minute five.

cphoenix
Command Sergeant Major

Postby cphoenix » Thu 16 May 2013 22:59

Indeed Coffee; tossing this problem onto crowd-sourced data is far better, and would probably be far more indicative of whether or not people are actually fun to play with. I'd much rather know that other people have played with a person and had fun that "oh, that guy has high Elo...somehow, maybe they spam things effectively...or maybe they're actually good..........that Elo might give them a big e-peen though."
AirLand Battle Strategy Guide

1. Have a CAP.
2. Always have a CAP.
3. If you don't have a CAP, get a CAP.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”