Things that were over nerfed[imo]

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Things that were over nerfed[imo]

Postby EliteSniper » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:21

So after playing with my friend the last two days I've noticed some really big changes since the patch that destroyed everything.

1st and foremost, Infantry. Infantry seem to suck against everything now except other infantry. No matter it be in forest, urban or just open fields.

2. 1-ton bombs. I was surprised the little amount of damage my 1000kg bombs did to infantry, tanks, and IFV. They do nothing now to infantry in buildings, and hardly kill ifvs unless you go crazy spam attack on them. Still pretty decent to infantry tho, but only in forest and in open field. Although I do agree carpet bombs are for urban, I think they went overboard with the nerf.

3. My personal favorite and I hope it get's fixed, transport helicopters[NATO]. So now that you raised NATO helicopter transport to outrageous prices how about price increasing PACTs? Still nothing has been done about the 30 point gunships that seem to make it very hard for NATO to get a foothold. Now since NATO has to spend over 20 points for a Huey with a mini gun on it, it takes an act of god to get to the center first. I'm really surprised they increased it after non-stop people showing and telling how easy it is to counter, and then to raise to the pact gunship/transport level when it only has a mini gun compared to 2 rocket pods? Seriously?

-Nations effected by this demolition patch-

-Canada- Has to rely on it's airborne troops. Canada got hit hard by the infantry, but now it can't house a lot of it's airborne troops due to the price of helicopters. I suggest lowering the price for minor nation transports to actually give them a fighting chance. I shall not say more about the crappyness of the infantry patch*nerf*
-Sweden- Sweden got hit hard due to the infantry patch.
-Norway- Norway and Canada got hit the hardest. Norway had to rely on superior firepower of infantry and air support to be standing at the end of the match. Before this patch I used to play Norway and yesterday trying them out I struggled the whole match due to the patch done to infantry and the 1ton bomb nerf.
-Denmark- Got both a buff and a nerf. Got hit hard by the infantry patch since it rely(relied) only on it's infantry. But thanks to the patch buffing the 240kg bombs it can stand up and take some blows as well as deliver some.
-America- America got hit pretty hard due to the 1000kg bombs being nerfed and it airborne infantry taking a hit from the helicopter increase.

That's all I tested, if you have any you'd like to add, feel free to.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Things that were over nerfed[imo]

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:22

Shouldn't you have left the forum by now?

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:24

damn, beat me to it.
Viker for ingen!

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:29

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Shouldn't you have left the forum by now?

Just to make one thing, clear. I said i was never going to leave the forum.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:31

EliteSniper wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Shouldn't you have left the forum by now?

Just to make one thing, clear. I said i was never going to leave the forum.

:(
Last edited by BTR on Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflammatory

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:46

EliteSniper wrote:Now since NATO has to spend over 20 points for a Huey with a mini gun on it, it takes an act of god to get to the center first

NATO gets Lynx AH7 which is faster and cheaper than any fast PACT chopper.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:48

Doeko wrote:
EliteSniper wrote:Now since NATO has to spend over 20 points for a Huey with a mini gun on it, it takes an act of god to get to the center first

Also weaker with less armament then any pact heli (or its prototype not useable in armour/mech unlike pact helis for troop transports)

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:49

Mitchverr wrote:
Doeko wrote:

Also weaker with less armament then any pact heli (or its prototype not useable in armour/mech unlike pact helis for troop transports)

ALso significantly cheaper. Don't see your point. NATO isn't meant to be equally good as PACT in every single unit class.

Uncle_Joe
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Uncle_Joe » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:58

1st and foremost, Infantry. Infantry seem to suck against everything now except other infantry. No matter it be in forest, urban or just open fields.

Not 'nerfed' on purpose....bug fix with possible unintended consequences. I personally think the bug fix is good in that you can now properly deal with infantry (put fire on them, suppress them, move in and root them out) BUT it's too easy to fully suppress/kill them with direct cannon fire. They needed to be less accurate when suppressed and that was clearly not right that they suffered no penalty, but the rate with which they gain that suppression needs to come down quite a bit IMO.

2. 1-ton bombs. I was surprised the little amount of damage my 1000kg bombs did to infantry, tanks, and IFV. They do nothing now to infantry in buildings, and hardly kill ifvs unless you go crazy spam attack on them. Still pretty decent to infantry tho, but only in forest and in open field. Although I do agree carpet bombs are for urban, I think they went overboard with the nerf.

Totally disagree here. It feels MUCH better now IMO. Before there were practically no problems that couldn't be solved by 1000 or 2000kg bombs. They took out everything and often in one pass. Now it's not a guarantee that everything you drop on will die. And it's very refreshing to see a VARIETY of planes out there now rather than just the endless parade of NorF16FFs, Nighthawks, Czech Albatross and SU22, and Yaks.

3. My personal favorite and I hope it get's fixed, transport helicopters[NATO]. So now that you raised NATO helicopter transport to outrageous prices how about price increasing PACTs? Still nothing has been done about the 30 point gunships that seem to make it very hard for NATO to get a foothold. Now since NATO has to spend over 20 points for a Huey with a mini gun on it, it takes an act of god to get to the center first. I'm really surprised they increased it after non-stop people showing and telling how easy it is to counter, and then to raise to the pact gunship/transport level when it only has a mini gun compared to 2 rocket pods? Seriously?

Again, not seeing the problem. I still see MORE than enough helo-borne infantry on both side. It SHOULD be quite a bit more expensive to deliver infantry via helo than via wheeled APCs and now it is. You pay for the mobility. Whether Pact helos should go up in price, I don't have an opinion since I rarely use them myself, I don't have a basis for comparison. But given how hard it was perceived that the Pact got hit by the nerf-bat in the last patch, I don't think most people would agree that NATO needs the help atm.

In general, I think things are in a pretty good place if/when infantry get fixed. I would like to see more encouragement for national and typed decks (a LOT more, in fact) but the 'balance' in general would be pretty good with just an infantry fix.
"Don't you know that in the Service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?"

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Sun 14 Jul 2013 20:09

My royal marine squad still had a 99% hit chance when panicked (maybe shaken) against a big vehicle that was right next to it. Seems fine to me really, I think elite infantry still does the job but cheap infantry is now properly inadequate against good units.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”