Postby Nerdfish » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:27

Buratino !
CEV / AVRE.
Everything else can wait.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Things that were over nerfed[imo]

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:31

CEV was fixed, haven't tested it out yet and just going off patch notes.

Burrintino should get a tiny buff but not a, "Drop everything and work on this" scenario.

My main problem about helicopter transports is for the minor nations such as Canada, which relies on it's airborne troops. They should've remained down at 15 for twin and 5 for regular. They are just to damn exspensive to use now, so that means Canada is pretty impossible to use now. I mean 20 points for 1 helicopter that sucks in combat, and is only good for transport? I know IFVs which are cheaper then 10 point hueys and do 10x better in combat, and protect troops better in transport.(the Danish M113s.)

Lower price for Minor nations and keep prices for Major nations. Since not a lot of people play Canada, there won't be crazy spams....

Akulapanam
Master Sergeant

Postby Akulapanam » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:46

I agree with the original poster that in essence Eugen has listened too much to the whining forum crowd. It seems like all someone has to do is complain just a little and a patch comes out that nerf's the unit out of existence.

Here is my list:
CEV
Large HE Bombs
Cluster Bombs
Buratino (Rarely ever see this unit now)
BMPT
Fighters vs. Helicopters (this is the reason helispam is now a legit tactic)
Assault Engineers (was rarely played before and now is never played)
Infantry vs. Tanks in forests

SeabeeDaddy
Staff Sergeant

Postby SeabeeDaddy » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:48

EliteSniper wrote:CEV was fixed, haven't tested it out yet and just going off patch notes.

Burrintino should get a tiny buff but not a, "Drop everything and work on this" scenario.

My main problem about helicopter transports is for the minor nations such as Canada, which relies on it's airborne troops. They should've remained down at 15 for twin and 5 for regular. They are just to damn exspensive to use now, so that means Canada is pretty impossible to use now. I mean 20 points for 1 helicopter that sucks in combat, and is only good for transport? I know IFVs which are cheaper then 10 point hueys and do 10x better in combat, and protect troops better in transport.(the Danish M113s.)

Lower price for Minor nations and keep prices for Major nations. Since not a lot of people play Canada, there won't be crazy spams....

I thought you quit????

On a more serious note,

Its not that bad.

Like stated before, the Hueys and their miniguns can destroy the MI-8 which conversley cannot destroy the Huey because of no rockets (It really bothers me that you called them both gunships, even if it had a mg on it thats not really a gunship at all, the HIND is a gunship, the Havoc is a gunship, the Akula? Meh thats debatable.)

Those miniguns are devastating if you use them right, ever watched someone land to take a town right after you have landed your troops? Those miniguns are a nice suppresive element.

Seriously, quit cherry picking and complaining and just play the game, there are more patches to be had and more tweaks to be made. Give it 2 weeks then scream foul play then.

Oh and I have never seen a mass abuse of the choppers on PACT. And if you do, they are either, small abuses because they use too expensive choppers (Hinds, KA-29s) or they can't do anything in an Air situation because all they have is rockets.

Akulapanam
Master Sergeant

Postby Akulapanam » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:49

Akulapanam wrote:I agree with the original poster that in essence Eugen has listened too much to the whining forum crowd. It seems like all someone has to do is complain just a little and a patch comes out that nerf's the unit out of existence.

Here is my list:
CEV
Large HE Bombs
Cluster Bombs
Buratino (Rarely ever see this unit now)
BMPT
Fighters vs. Helicopters (this is the reason helispam is now a legit tactic)
Assault Engineers (was rarely played before and now is never played)
Infantry vs. Tanks in forests

Oh and the LAV-25 needs is 2 frontal armor back. Another example of an over nerf.

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 05:59

SeabeeDaddy wrote:*outcry for help on information*

Really exspensive? Guess if you call a 20, and 25 point gunships(and yes they are gunships, they hold rockets and MI-8TV holds rockets and a gun) expensive then you need help. And to say you've never seen a PACT spam, you're just lieing or haven't played very many matches. Every time I play against PACT at least 1 player will either do an all out transport helicopter rush/spam or will spam MI-24s. I have plenty of replays if you care to see.

I think you need to quit my friend. :lol:

A mini-gun is only good for killing light helicopters(if you have 5+ Hueys with mini-guns) and good for killing light infantry in the open. The MI-8T is good for killing infantry in buildings, forests, open areas. Good for stunning tanks and can kill light tanks, also good for killing 8+ ifvs with infantry in them, and good for halting an entire starting force.
Yeah MI-8Ts are underpriced, and Hueys are overpriced. Anymore questions?

stug41
Second-Lieutenant

Postby stug41 » Mon 15 Jul 2013 06:12

Xeno426 wrote:
DinDong wrote:I think he meant USMC as in americans prototype

If they mean prototype, they should just say "Prototype". Why people insist on saying "USMC Prototype" if they only mean "prototype" I do not know.

USMC prototype short for "US Prototype and Type: USMC".

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 15 Jul 2013 06:59

prototype is a strong word rather make it marine deck exclusive, so that NATO mixed marine decks can use it as well.
Viker for ingen!

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Mon 15 Jul 2013 07:08

EliteSniper wrote:NATO helicopter spams? I've only seen 2 before in my life in private matches out of 300+ games. Yet every game I enter I see 1 PACT player spamming up the cheap and very effective PACT transport choppers. Yet nothing is done about those...............................

"Cheap and effective": They either come with elite infantry( Spados,Vysadkari, VDV all 15/20, IDk maybe ATGM teams and MANPADS are cheaper?, still costing 35 for a slow and big gunship). I can take cheap line infantry in fast helo for 30 points as NATO, with dual M134s( Riflemen + UH-60). PACT must pay more, and get a better armed but slower equivalent heli, the Mi-17. And NATO helicopter rush for early position is faster than PACT, and thus has the advantage, especially with cheap HMG/Minigun armed helicopters. And the USMC gets a "gunship" too, the UH-1E, which would beat down any Mi8 anyway of the week. Furthermore, PACT doesn't have any affordable airborne marines, and are stuck with 10 men squads in slow helicopters.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

EliteSniper
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EliteSniper » Mon 15 Jul 2013 07:25

Umm, the minor nations of PACT don't have any airborne marines either. Plus that marine UH-HE(or what ever) lack so such fire power compared to the MI-8. It has like what 8 or 16 rockets and two miniguns? Plus if you didn't read the former post it takes more then 5 hueys to bring down an MI-8. You first have to get close enough to open fire, and I doubt it's just going to sit there with it's thumb up it's ass taking the hits. Duh it's going to move. So the approximate time of a stationary Huey killing a MI-8 is like 50 seconds. Of 5+ hueys it's close to 15+ seconds. So by the time you get close enough to fire on it, then start firing on it, it would've retreated to AA lines, and well, you didn't get the kill. :lol:

P.S: just used that huey you mentioned last match. I'd barely call it anymore then a transport. It couldn't even kill a BTR-1 and I had 4 of them firing on 1 BTR-1. Now 1 MI-8 could kill a Bradley IFV in a heart beat. So..yeah.....

Edit, forgot to mention. A huey takes 1 hit from a manpad. A MI-8 takes 2+ hits. So spamming Hueys and rushing with them is stupid when there's AA around, because you're deemed to lose. UH-60s take 2 hits and cost 25 per helicopter. So let's see you got a waste of 25 points and 15 points of 1 infantry unit so 40 points times let's see 15(would be a reasonable spam), then enemy has filled AA in sector, and you rush, you fail. losing all those points for no ground. No 15 MI-8 going into AA sector are going to fire upon them once they start firing on the MI-8s because MI-8s have 2000m range, they are going to stun the AA, make them useless, them most likly destroy the AA, taking minimum loses.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”