Nothing to see here.

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Nothing to see here.

Postby captain biggles » Sun 10 Nov 2013 19:28

Red Dragon is out and these suggestions were pretty awful anyway.
Last edited by captain biggles on Wed 11 Nov 2015 00:18, edited 8 times in total.
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

bobjoeharris
Warrant Officer

Re: things that would make RD for me

Postby bobjoeharris » Sun 10 Nov 2013 19:31

Devs said no recon planes
I am [LCol] 'Harris' In ALB and RD, and 'Lt Col. Harris; in EE
bobjoeharris wrote:fighting for dry, colorless landscapes with boring grey houses, as dry napalm is dropped to further dry up the land, all while the silent ships watch from the silent sea :(

Leatherneck2382
Warrant Officer

Re: things that would make RD for me

Postby Leatherneck2382 » Sun 10 Nov 2013 21:09

The LAV-25 is deployable by using CH-53E Helicopters, but you would have to have the crew arrive in a separate helicopter, so even if you did not have a significant MANPAD threat the game does not allow you to "re-crew" and thus would not be achievable in the game.

The Osprey is just... no. In the time frame it is just garbage even for a prototype. Also, given the fact that they have already said that we're not getting fixed wing that can hover, the Osprey is most definitely not going to be present.

Give me the PHROG or the Super Stallion instead. I'd much rather have equipment that was present and reliable for the time frame, than some fancy prototype that sucked up until recently anyway.
Semper Fidelis -- United States Marine Corps Motto "Always Faithful"

Guggy
General

Re: What MUST be in Wargame Red Dragon

Postby Guggy » Sun 10 Nov 2013 21:33

Only one of the pics if an absoute no-go to my knowledge. Havent heard mention of the others yet. A couple are looking very likely though.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 10 Nov 2013 22:04

captain biggles wrote:1 Airlift-able vehicles and equipment

Iris wrote:The List of Do Not Ask Will Not Happens:
8. Airlifting Vehicles
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Sun 10 Nov 2013 22:14

Xeno426 wrote:
captain biggles wrote:1 Airlift-able vehicles and equipment

Iris wrote:The List of Do Not Ask Will Not Happens:
8. Airlifting Vehicles

i'm sorry i never read that but i'll keeep it in to annoy madmat :D (joke, please don't/ban/thread lock me, madmat)
but what about field guns and towed equipment?
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 10 Nov 2013 22:22

captain biggles wrote:but what about field guns and towed equipment?

Also big no's, along with articulated vehicles

A shame, since it kinda screws with the artillery options of nations like the DPRK and it would have been hilarious to see the S-200 as a towed AA missile, but oh well. The no articulated vehicles thing means that Sweden can't get a mortar either.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mandolin
Warrant Officer

Postby Mandolin » Sun 10 Nov 2013 23:34

Xeno426 wrote:
captain biggles wrote:but what about field guns and towed equipment?

Also big no's, along with articulated vehicles

A shame, since it kinda screws with the artillery options of nations like the DPRK and it would have been hilarious to see the S-200 as a towed AA missile, but oh well. The no articulated vehicles thing means that Sweden can't get a mortar either.

Could you get around that problem by having your towed arty count as a unit and the tower its transport? Get to where you want to be, unload the arty. Make it take a while, kinda like how people sometimes complain helicopters unload too slow. The unloaded arty could appear in the game's eye to be infantry, but with 2km/h speed. Perhaps give the unloaded arty a second weapon-assault rifle or something, with low ammo and bad acc, for self-defense.

Basically, it's a really, really slow "infantry" unit with a long-range, long aim time, [AoE] [STAT] [SMK] gun. It would only get 10-15 rounds, so in order to do anything you'd need a couple of artillery "infantry", supply trucks, an AA gun or two, and some infantry to babysit lest some enemy SF drop by.

You could do the same for ship-borne helicopters perhaps.

Was that a stupid idea?

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Mon 11 Nov 2013 00:23

I want portee firing of weapons

just imagine:having a hind rocket pod on a BTR like the rebels do in libya :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Calaros
Sergeant

Postby Calaros » Mon 11 Nov 2013 00:46

Very much support the helis, it's always nice to see more helis in game in general :D The CH53 Stallion would be awesome for the US marine deck, but of course it's already been confirmed vehicle airlifts won't happen.

As for the British HC4/Sea King, I believe a dev has already hinted that Britain probably won't be getting any new transport helos on the grounds that "we already have the Lynx"... But who knows, they may change their mind for RD. I'd love to see the Chinook/Sea King/Merlin prototype make it in

Your idea about switching control of units is interesting though, and could be useful for those of us with terrible micro :D

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”