Revert number of supply trucks petition

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Revert number of supply trucks petition

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 2 Dec 2013 09:49

It was a good decision by eugen to increase FOB supplies, however decreasing supplies and numbers of supply trucks and helos was not.

Reasons why:
-Halving supplies practically forces everyone to use a fob because 3 cards of supples (18k) is enough only for shortest games. Previously we had 36k with 3 cards. Now with a fob we have 16k immobile supplies and only 12k mobile.
-Now using 2 cards of CVs is handicapping, because 2 cards of supplies are not enough, be it not enough supplies with trucks or not enough trucks if you have a fob.
-Overall this patch nerfed pact a little compared to nato because pact has weaker tank guns than nato and uses tank atgms more extensively than nato.
-Even with no trucks lost, your supply trucks wont be able to keep up with the consumption mid- late game.
-Losing even few trucks can cripple you, but you need to send them to the front lines to refill your infantry for example.
-From realistic standpoint its ridiculous that trucks come in amounts similar to LEO2A4 tanks, and in reality armies field thousands of trucks a multiple of all the tanks an country has combined.

Vote +1 if you agree supply trucks number and supply amount should be reversed to previous state (Double). Supply helos should be revisited too!
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Cpt.Lithuania
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Revert number of supply trucks petition

Postby Cpt.Lithuania » Mon 2 Dec 2013 09:52

I vote against this.

I take 1 card of supply trucks and 1 card of helicopter supplies and 1 FOB and I am more then able to manage all of my supplies and keep my units repaired and re-supplied. Honestly whenever i see anyone complaining about the current supply system I think its only because their micro management sucks.

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Mon 2 Dec 2013 09:54

+1

Personally I'd like call in zones back but having more trucks again would be nice.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

Kamil
Lieutenant

Postby Kamil » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:06

2x FOB + 1 truck = 38k

leroy11
First Sergeant

Postby leroy11 » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:07

No I love the new supply system. Its really killed off camping and upped the game tempo.

I also seeing a lot of new decks and units I haven't seen for ages (if ever).

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:10

leroy11 wrote:upped the game tempo.

Didn't know jet spamming counted as a tempo increase. You know, the jet spamming that happens because NATO's fast firing missile AA eats up supplies just like PACT's does.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:17

Last edited by K98-Schütze[GER] on Mon 2 Dec 2013 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:19

-1 I like it so far

QuakeRiley wrote:
leroy11 wrote:upped the game tempo.

Didn't know jet spamming counted as a tempo increase. You know, the jet spamming that happens because NATO's fast firing missile AA eats up supplies just like PACT's does.

Spam will be addressed on its own, not indirectly by returning to care-free supplies
k

frnk
Sergeant Major

Postby frnk » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:26

it's much more fun and tacitcal to have less supply trucks! you need to micro your supplies!
smart, fast, flexible

"Don't believe the Hype"

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Mon 2 Dec 2013 10:28

Graphic wrote:-1 I like it so far

Will being able to supply trucks from helos at least be added?

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”