NATO airspam

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

NATO airspam

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:37

Is getting

Absolutely

Ridiculous

Yes, these are examples of how bad it can get, but this is becoming more and more common now, Huge air-rush by NATO forces (especailly France and US). that simply overwhelm you and with nothing you can do about it. It's starting to become common again seeing cheap helispam rushes but France and Mixed NATO, it's F-14 circles of doom are just as bad as they ever were, and nighthawks come in droves of 3-4 at a time...

Please revise the current air-to-ground combat system and vice-versa, especially for Pact minors, all the OSA's barley feel worth using ever since the pirce increase, and having two set's of radar missiles outraged by a common IR missile in both aircraft is starting to feel depressing. Kub's, Strela-10's and OSA's should be the bread and butter units, but right now NATO bombers are simply flying circles in them. It feels like Buk-M1 and Tunguska-M are the only viable AA unit's right now...

It's upsetting seeing all of your OSA's getting chewed up by hoards of Ravens like yesterdays dinner, but your SU-22MP4's unable to successfully shoot down two Roland's, having to fire last, and usually just getting shot down.

Also, last but not least please look into helo rushes! Celtics and Puma Pirates, or Lynx with Kiwoa currently rules all on any infantry themed map, with perhaps only Poland being able to stand up to them! Mi-8's are big, slow, expensive and just a death trap for anyone using them, Mi-2's and Mi-4's are SF only. and Hinds cost the same as most Gunships.

I feel right now Pact (or at least Pact minor) has absolutely no way of countering these, regardless of skill level and puts a real block onto the choices we have.

ElBubba
Warrant Officer

Re: NATO airspam

Postby ElBubba » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:43

I would suggest posting replays of said games. A replay file tells more than a thousand words. Replays give everybody else a objective source to analyse what happened and how.

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:47

A replay isn't really needed to prove that airspam is a problem right now.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:54

Raven spams with nighthawk coming behind is even getting worse...

most of the time I am willing to risk and lose a 170pt su27 just to kill a 135pt raven
Of Salt

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:55

Is there a host website I could put the replays on? I've got them on my computer stored right now...

Majorpain
Master Sergeant

Postby Majorpain » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:56

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote: It feels like Buk-M1 and Tunguska-M are the only viable AA unit's right now...

Buk-M1.... Taking that you are guaranteed to get overrun by air at some points, by far the best solution is a mix of Manpads, IR AA and low tier higher availability buks. That gives you the highest flexibility against Raven/Nighthawk spam and Cat C/B Bomber spam.

French Jaguar makes Buk-M1 cry.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:57

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Is there a host website I could put the replays on? I've got them on my computer stored right now...

alb-replays.info

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:58

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Is there a host website I could put the replays on? I've got them on my computer stored right now...

http://alb-replays.info/#/

andy02m
Staff Sergeant

Postby andy02m » Wed 15 Jan 2014 19:58

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Is getting

Absolutely

Ridiculous

Yes, these are examples of how bad it can get, but this is becoming more and more common now, Huge air-rush by NATO forces (especailly France and US). that simply overwhelm you and with nothing you can do about it. It's starting to become common again seeing cheap helispam rushes but France and Mixed NATO, it's F-14 circles of doom are just as bad as they ever were, and nighthawks come in droves of 3-4 at a time...

Please revise the current air-to-ground combat system and vice-versa, especially for Pact minors, all the OSA's barley feel worth using ever since the pirce increase, and having two set's of radar missiles outraged by a common IR missile in both aircraft is starting to feel depressing. Kub's, Strela-10's and OSA's should be the bread and butter units, but right now NATO bombers are simply flying circles in them. It feels like Buk-M1 and Tunguska-M are the only viable AA unit's right now...

It's upsetting seeing all of your OSA's getting chewed up by hoards of Ravens like yesterdays dinner, but your SU-22MP4's unable to successfully shoot down two Roland's, having to fire last, and usually just getting shot down.

Also, last but not least please look into helo rushes! Celtics and Puma Pirates, or Lynx with Kiwoa currently rules all on any infantry themed map, with perhaps only Poland being able to stand up to them! Mi-8's are big, slow, expensive and just a death trap for anyone using them, Mi-2's and Mi-4's are SF only. and Hinds cost the same as most Gunships.

I feel right now Pact (or at least Pact minor) has absolutely no way of countering these, regardless of skill level and puts a real block onto the choices we have.

Considering the number of times i've been curb stomped by USSR heli's please understand if I don't ...
Last edited by [DAY]Topspin2005 on Wed 15 Jan 2014 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

ElBubba
Warrant Officer

Postby ElBubba » Wed 15 Jan 2014 20:00

JBravo wrote:A replay isn't really needed to prove that airspam is a problem right now.

If you feel this way then would not posting replays of the "problem" only raise awareness and help pinpoint the cause of why it (airspam) is too effective?

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”