[Renamed] The W:RD Movie / Sandbox Mod!!!

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

[Renamed] The W:RD Movie / Sandbox Mod!!!

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 3 Mar 2014 07:03

Hey guys,

As everybody knows, with the realistic units and large scale, Wargame: Airland Battle is one of the best video games for making epic movies. So I am introducing the movie mod to help make movies with any plot, setting, or camera angle that you want! This mod with the large availability of maps, units, and game features can also act as a sandbox mod. Right now in W:AB, it is under development to test what works and does not work so we can implement a released version once W:RD comes out.

Features in the W:RD Movie Mod:
Naizarak's Map Unlocker - Get to use any map in W:AB, including the 10 vs 10's.

All units are Canadian INCLUDING PACT UNITS. That's right. We can finally have the mujahdeen with AK's and Stingers. (This took a lot of time.)
Why Canada? Well originally it was for support for hotrod525's Project: Maple Resolve mod, but it got released early.

Canadian Deck = +999 activation points & +99900% of units per deck card for movie deck - Make any sized and type of battle without modding yourself.

Commonwealth Coalition Deck = +999 activation points & 0.01% of units per deck card for movie deck - If you want to face an AI with only 1 unit, you can make that kind of deck for them.

Team Airport modded - Planes take less than a second to reload, so air battles can seem huge. If you lose a plane, grab another out of the 999 more.

Deployment Points can be 999,999 points. - Instead of changing every unit to 1 point, why not set yours to infinity?

CV's, helos, and ships set to companies of 4 - Units are easier to control when you have them in larger groups.

Naizarak's camera mod - Perfect for getting the right shots when making movies.

CH-136 to all-seeing - Sometimes, you need to see what your friend on the opposite team is doing so you know you get the right scenes!

Zero-second spawn time for ground units - This might happen, depending on how long it takes. I have no idea how to make this happen, and you can tell me by answering my modding questions.

Game videos changed - Don't press the 'Esc' key so fast!

Insta-kill artillery - Is a T-80U ruining your movie? Press the 'Fire-Position' button and he' gone! (Thanks to a light-speed shell that has an AP of 200 and HE of 4)

Super-duper Tomcat - If you need to delete a plane from your airport, send it out in the open and have a friend launch this F-14, who's 6 rapid-firing Phoenix missiles (which have an accuracy of 100%) will shoot it straight out of the sky. (The F-14 disappears from your airport afterwards.)

All infantry comes in all APC's of that country - You don't have to unload and load to get inf in the right carrier anymore.

Hidden units are unlocked - Eh, just for fun.

Flares say different things - It is easier now to coordinate scenes with members of your team if they are not right next to you.

Immobile CV with only 1 in deck card - If you want to face only 1 unit to test in sandbox, you can make sure the AI does not use the CV in the battle by having the immobile CV so they can not un-cap their base.

Default Deck with all new/unlocked units of W:RD movie mod. - See and try what is new in this awesome-mod!

I hope people like this idea. Since there are modding difficulties and the hard part is having to change many things manually, (I can't do 1300 units all by myself,) it would be great if I can get help and support from the W:AB and W:RD Forum Community. This mod if released will surely help the filmmakers of W:RD create some of the best movies ever.

Happy filming!
Last edited by The W:AB Noob on Wed 12 Mar 2014 04:11, edited 12 times in total.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

KattiValk
General

Re: The W:AB Movie Mod!!!

Postby KattiValk » Mon 3 Mar 2014 07:39

This sounds amazing! So, will there be units for all the nations or just Canada?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 3 Mar 2014 14:54

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:This sounds amazing! So, will there be units for all the nations or just Canada?

Every single unit in W:AB is now Canadian. Reason for this is so that you can have prototypes from multiple countries in one deck.
(T-80U+Leopard 2A4+ ADATS+Challengers in one deck fighting side-by-side!)
(BTW, the hidden units like Soldats, the Cobra Sidewinder, and the Chasseur Famas, are also activated.) The flags of the original countries still show up in the armory, but not in-game, so you still know what unit you are selecting.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Mon 3 Mar 2014 16:24

Ah, that's clever. So what's the deal with the Stinger teams with AKs?

Also, what's the problems currently?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 3 Mar 2014 23:52

It's either the plane-spawn, the helis and cv's being in groups of 4, or the PACT in a NATO country. I suspect it is the PACT thing, so I asked on the forums in 2 separate threads, but of course, nobody is answering. I already put all pact units to CAN in MotherCountry and changed the Nationality to Null, but when I start a game, W:AB crashes with a message and the post-mortem analysis file. Do you guys know if there is a way to read that?
I was just saying that it was hard to individually switch 880 units to Canada, (and you can't just type CAN, you have to type unit_av and then go down one.) Now that all NATO and PACT units including prototypes are in one deck, we can have AK's and Stingers fighting side-by-side.

Unfortunately, not many people seem interested (I had people say that they were before but I guess not now), plus W:RD is coming out, so I might just stop working on this. IDK

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 4 Mar 2014 01:01

Do you think your current work is cross compatible to RD with some changes?

This should really be getting more hype, this is basically sandbox with several useful mods in it.

What do you plan the download to look like? If it's a bunch of files that have to be manually inserted, then that'd be problematic.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 4 Mar 2014 01:44

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Do you think your current work is cross compatible to RD with some changes?

This should really be getting more hype, this is basically sandbox with several useful mods in it.

What do you plan the download to look like? If it's a bunch of files that have to be manually inserted, then that'd be problematic.

No, it is not cross-compatible. I will have to wait a few weeks for the storm of RD patches to calm down, maybe even a DLC, then I have to manually switch 1300 units to one country (practically impossible for 1 person, 880 took enough time). If this mod becomes popular in W:AB, then I might get some help so a sandbox in W:RD is actually possible.

This mod really should get more attention, and I was expecting more since those who I told so far thought it would be awesome. My modding questions have not been answered either. So sad, so sad...

The download as far as I can tell so far will be 2 files that have to be manually changed - an NDF_Win.dat and possibly a Data.dat. If I can mod the data.dat, then it will be an even awesome-r mod - since then I can mod the video files. Unfortunately, it is taking forever to replace.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 4 Mar 2014 03:50

As much as I'd like to, I can't really help you in modding since my knowledge of modding extends as far as the instructions go. You have my full support in advertising though, art, animations (that may take a bit of work), etc. are your's to ask for.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 4 Mar 2014 06:06

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:As much as I'd like to, I can't really help you in modding since my knowledge of modding extends as far as the instructions go. You have my full support in advertising though, art, animations (that may take a bit of work), etc. are your's to ask for.

Thank you very much SEDMAN, (where did the W:AB forum community go to all of a sudden??? maybe to RD...)
As my only supporter on the forums, I greatly appreciate your interest, and I'll keep you updated on my progress. Today, I changes the companies and airport back to normal, but the same crash keeps happening, so for sure, it's something with the PACT units. I swear I saw some time ago a list of all of the NATO and PACT units and I thought it was in TAllUnit, but it's not there. The hunt is now on...

In the meantime, I made a really really cool (or at least my opinion) video to replace the 2 eugen and focus logo videos. I have not recorded it yet (it turns out the free fraps only lasts 30 sec so I have to get a new recorder). Thankfully, enohka answered my question on if it is even possible to replace raw data. (Yay, somebody answered me, though it wasn't my modding questions.) He says it will be patched later (whenever that is) so I guess the mod right now is only 1 file. Meanwhile, I'm got some help manually copying naizarak's camera mod from him, but it's getting complicated, so I asked if I should just send him the file and he can do the modding himself instead of sending me so many messages. Naizarak hasn't responded. (He got W:RD, that's probably why.)

When I record my video, I'll post it here if anybody else (aka nobody else) is interested. Until then, it's time to start my homework...

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 4 Mar 2014 06:24

Perhaps the PACT don't like being Canadian.

Couldn't you integrate the camera mod inside the file? As in have the file as a master copy of the game w/ the mods implanted inside it.

The videos sound cool, though I'd have to see them to be sure.

They've all gone off to hype on the beta, or are likely lurking.

Return to “Modding”