Postby Phaeton » Fri 19 Jul 2013 10:42

Of course. And you don't want to insist on opposite, do you? *huge smile*
*cough* Brother Alaiosh, prepare Blades of Reason
Loyalty is it's own reward - Lion El'Jonson

Knautscher
First Sergeant

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Postby Knautscher » Fri 25 Apr 2014 13:09

After only a year of planning I have finally ordered my first units for Cold War Commander:

West German Starter Set (GHQ)
2x Iltis
3x SpPz Luchs
3x TPz Fuchs
3x PzJg Jaguar 1
4x Leopard 2A4
6x SPz Marder 1A1
2x PzMrs M106

and for the East Germans:

Pact Starter Set + some extras (also GHQ)
10x KPz T-72M1
10x BMP-1
60x Mot.-Schützen
5x 23mm-Fla-SFL 23-4
4x SPW 40P2
1x SPW 40P2UM

:) I mainly decided to afford this, because I found these wonderful paper buildings for 6mm scale, here:
http://miniatures.free-creativity.com/ (hover over "buildings")

Already made two bases with 2 of 31 buildings total (so far...):

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/Zerknautscher/Cold%20War%20Compendium/IMG_8985_zps41166ed9.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/Zerknautscher/Cold%20War%20Compendium/IMG_8988_zps02752a31.jpg

Heroics and Ros seem to make the hobby quite affordable as well, and they also carry units, that GHQ has neglected so far...
>Your favourite unit was not included?<
..............................Keep calm and order!...............................

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 25 Apr 2014 14:52

Strange, I'd never seen that post before ... ;)

I have a long and distinguished teenage years career fighting for 40K's Imperium at the head of my Imperial Guard armored battalion (under realistic TO&E ;) ), but I've dropped that more than a decade ago ...
I've had a relapse into Necromunda a few years ago, though: I'm fond of the small scale and roleplay flavor of the game.

But it didn't last long, just the time for me to get use to the brushes again to start a more "serious" project: Cold War Commander.
I now have a reinforced mechanized battalion of US Cavalry (circa 1980) and a reinforced Soviet VDV battailon (plus a few stuff here or there to play them as regular infantry with some armor support depending on the scenario). Both in 6mm.

But I've moved past that too very recently. Now I'm working on painting 15mm Indochina War reinforcced companies, for Cold war rules for Blitzkrieg. A French one which could be either paratroopers with heavy support or colonial infantry with half-tracks depending on the scenario, and one of Vietminh regulars.
I'm using Eureka's great Indochina War miniatures series (theirs here, mines before being based here), plus some of their WW2 Australian with slouch hats for the sake of diversity (plus, the Australian have flamethrowers :twisted: ).

Knautscher
First Sergeant

Postby Knautscher » Fri 25 Apr 2014 17:49

[EUG]MadMat wrote:[...] Now I'm working on painting 15mm Indochina War reinforcced companies, for Cold war rules for Blitzkrieg. A French one which could be either paratroopers with heavy support or colonial infantry with half-tracks depending on the scenario, and one of Vietminh regulars.
I'm using Eureka's great Indochina War miniatures series (theirs here, mines before being based here), plus some of their WW2 Australian with slouch hats for the sake of diversity (plus, the Australian have flamethrowers :twisted: ).

That is exactly what a friend of mine wants to convince me to play - of course I would have to play the Vietnamese... :D Nice looking minis!
>Your favourite unit was not included?<
..............................Keep calm and order!...............................

Delicious RBKs
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Delicious RBKs » Fri 25 Apr 2014 17:58

I play Warhammer 40K with a couple of friends, once a month. We had a Mordheim campaign a couple of years ago and are thinking about another.

We're moving towards having Warhammer Original battles and we've experimented with Inquisitor... darn, we're fairly GW-friendly. I've considered some others, but will probably stay with what I know; I have a lot of backlogged stuff to paint and not too much money to burn :?

I have been considering some D&D style games recently, but that might be a step too far for my conservativeness when it comes to how I spend my spare time. Sitting in a Wargame forum, talking about what I do with my spare time... urp!
MadMat explanation of 90s protos; viewtopic.php?f=155&t=43932&start=40#p542783

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Sat 26 Apr 2014 06:15

I play Force on Force and NATO.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 26 Apr 2014 14:05

Used to play Mordheim and Blood Bowl with a few friends, 8 years ago, I sadly don't have the time for thi anymore. :<

Thonar

Postby Thonar » Sat 26 Apr 2014 14:51

D-M wrote:Used to play Mordheim and Blood Bowl with a few friends, 8 years ago, I sadly don't have the time for thi anymore. :<

Do you play BB on PC?
They made a pretty good game out of it...

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 26 Apr 2014 19:56

I used to play the very first game (and Chaos League and the French online BB league if that matters)... until a band of goblin met my team of human and ogre. Then I realized the Goddess of Dice and Randomity was a huge bitch...

Return to “Off-Topic”