Get rid of Fuel

Zoring
Warrant Officer

Re: Get rid of Fuel

Postby Zoring » Sun 4 May 2014 05:22

Fuel should go it punishes attacking players far too much. It's far to gamey mechanic. All the vehicles need to be able to cross the map.

Anyone who thinks fuel is a good idea is most likely a sitzkrieger who is afraid of losing another advantage
Want to know how to make 116 redundant units usable? Click to read my thread on Recon Refitting!

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 4 May 2014 05:33

Zoring wrote:Fuel should go it punishes attacking players far too much. It's far to gamey mechanic. All the vehicles need to be able to cross the map.

Anyone who thinks fuel is a good idea is most likely a sitzkrieger who is afraid of losing another advantage

I would like to think myself 1 of the most aggressive players in the game and 1 who uses some of the least efficient fuel tanks in the game(my current 10v10 win time record is 7 minutes due to aggressive play, and same kind of goes for other games).

Fuel is fine, it requires prior thinking, just because some people lack this capacity doesnt mean it should be removed, if i dont take the time to think "i will need to refuel" then i deserve to lose forces/time due to this error.

The only issue i had was a lack of heliborne supply, which i hope is fixed in the dlc for those who dont have it and is now acced in all deck types, if you dont bring fuel, its on you, its a vital system to help also stop an attacker from just q moving all the way to berlin.

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sun 4 May 2014 06:15

Mitchverr wrote:Fuel is fine, it requires prior thinking, just because some people lack this capacity doesnt mean it should be removed, if i dont take the time to think "i will need to refuel" then i deserve to lose forces/time due to this error.

This...

pedro0930
Master Sergeant

Postby pedro0930 » Sun 4 May 2014 07:35

Everyone who actually attacks know attack is limited by AA munition instead of fuel.

ReconMarine18
Corporal

Postby ReconMarine18 » Sun 4 May 2014 07:41

Really take the fuel system out? :roll: sounds like a few players don't plan ahead.
Whats next no ammo capacity? just infinite ammo?
come on its a strategy game. think with your brain! :geek:

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Sun 4 May 2014 08:03

nutegunray wrote:Main issue I have with fuel (and therefore autonomy) is not clearly defined for newcomers. Says Shilka has 350km autonomy, and U'd think it can drive on 24km map back and forth like 5 times... but normally runs out getting halfway across...

The autonomy should clearly indicate to new players that the number stated is not "range" but rather "seconds vehicle can maneuver/move" So people aren't baffled by units who have decent "range" but still run out after less than 15km in game.

Everybody was a new player at wargame series at some point and got used to it, its really no rocket science and i guess the game can live without people that cant figure out simply relative things like that.
Altho im surprised that there are ppl that seem to be around for quite some time and want the system removed completely. It can be annoying but supply is a major factor for any attack and it should stay that way. However adjustements to the current system are always welcome.
Perlen vor die Säue.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 4 May 2014 08:06

A game option to set the amount of fuel you get per unit would be awesome, that way people who love the current system will keep it while those of us who hate seeing our forces run out of fuel after only 3 minutes of movement and battle may be able to set a multiplier value (x2) (x3) (x4). No one loses!

And please, increase the logistic trucks numbers!

As people has stated before there is a terrible problem at the game with maps being so big, even with units which has 700km autonomy you eventually run out of fuel quite fast, what is worst, after ALB nerf of the supply trucks you are forced to get FOBs for no limit time games, this may not be that bad in multiplayer, but in singleplayer you get the AI targeting your FOBs without line of sight, something which is completely annoying, plus fuel consumption make some formations at the campaigns nearly useless.

fiese_moep
Warrant Officer

Postby fiese_moep » Sun 4 May 2014 10:08

i think fuel is good as it is.

gathern
Sergeant

Postby gathern » Sun 4 May 2014 10:16

Fuel system is good as it is now.

People who wants it removal, just propably spammers, and they never think about battlefield reality and tactics. Even logistic is a part of tactics in a modern battlefield and removing fuel system in the game would case reality drop a lot.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 4 May 2014 10:29

I'm not going to argue for removing fuel, or wave around something as silly as my 10v10 record to prove anything, but all I'm going to say is this...

if some of my tanks can not even reach the half way point on a map, without refueling, because their autonomy is so low then something is just bad and wrong here. Even in EE some units had such extremely bad autonomy it was mind numbing. With as mobile as you have to be in this game, how can anyone argue against giving all ground units a major fuel buff?

I'm not going to argue for a "realistic" fuel range to some units. Hell you can drive a Bradley hard all day and still have enough to operate a fair bit the next day, where as the Abrams has to top off after every skirmish, but for the sake of sanity and game play, fuel desperately needs to be reworked.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”