Spaag.

NATO Potato
Captain

Re: Spaag.

Postby NATO Potato » Fri 25 Jul 2014 08:55

my hypothesis, after several games and tests, is that somehow most SPAAGs are firing faster than intended.

the tunguska is the fastest firing SPAAG in the game, yet the Flakpanzer Gepard A1, with a listed fire rate of 600 something shoots just as fast as the tunguska in game. same as the 15 point trucks with ZU-23s on the back.

my guess it is a bug, and should be enjoyed while it lasts

Forimar
Captain

Postby Forimar » Fri 25 Jul 2014 08:56

Tunguskas with their new super missile and plane vaporizing guns need a bit if a price nerf tbh. I've been using them a lot lately and if you micro the guns on and off you can completely deny a piece of airspace and with two you can guarantee the death of any aircraft that comes within a 5km wide circle. With the lethal gun and lethal missile they also have one of the best supply independence, if one runs out of ammo just turn on the other, letting it be on station for much longer periods of time than other systems on either side. 15pts up for both variants seems fine, because currently they blow all the other units in its price bracket out of the water for cost effectiveness.
Last edited by Forimar on Fri 25 Jul 2014 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Fri 25 Jul 2014 08:57

Don't forget that SPAAGs are extremely effective now due to mentality factor: people got used to treat spaags as some funny fireworks that do not need to be worried about.

In my first afterpatch game i had 12 kills on my tunguska, but most of that kills were due to enemy naivety: opps just sent planes over tunguska and were punished for that.

So wait a little, maybe spaags don't need any nerf.

Suriel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Suriel » Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:01

Kolovrat wrote:Don't forget that SPAAGs are extremely effective now due to mentality factor: people got used to treat spaags as some funny fireworks that do not need to be worried about.

In my first afterpatch game i had 12 kills on my tunguska, but most of that kills were due to enemy naivety: opps just sent planes over tunguska and were punished for that.

This. People learned to ignore them for the most part.
From yesterday's replays I noticed that all those F-15s and Nighthawks were flying almost directly above.
and there is Newa in the back :)

NATO Potato
Captain

Postby NATO Potato » Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:15

Suriel wrote:
Kolovrat wrote:Don't forget that SPAAGs are extremely effective now due to mentality factor: people got used to treat spaags as some funny fireworks that do not need to be worried about.

This. People learned to ignore them for the most part.
From yesterday's replays I noticed that all those F-15s and Nighthawks were flying almost directly above.
and there is Newa in the back :)

Or the combination of high base accuracy and targets that generally are moving to you in the case of planes means almost every shot hits.

Suriel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Suriel » Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:20

I learned to fear SPAAGs the hard ways. Those Hinds didn't even know what hit them. :lol:

ShanRevan
Second-Lieutenant

Postby ShanRevan » Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:26

NATO Potato wrote:my hypothesis, after several games and tests, is that somehow most SPAAGs are firing faster than intended.

the tunguska is the fastest firing SPAAG in the game, yet the Flakpanzer Gepard A1, with a listed fire rate of 600 something shoots just as fast as the tunguska in game. same as the 15 point trucks with ZU-23s on the back.

They appear to have the same FX settings but I assure you, they have very different true rates of fire and if those are broken then spaags wont be the only thing experiencing it.

NATO Potato
Captain

Postby NATO Potato » Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:29

ShanRevan wrote:
NATO Potato wrote:my hypothesis, after several games and tests, is that somehow most SPAAGs are firing faster than intended.

They appear to have the same FX settings but I assure you, they have very different true rates of fire and if those are broken then spaags wont be the only thing experiencing it.

Have you found it in the files yet? I'm hesitant to believe you with the way SPAAGs are right now

ShanRevan
Second-Lieutenant

Postby ShanRevan » Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:34

NATO Potato wrote:
ShanRevan wrote:

Have you found it in the files yet? I'm hesitant to believe you with the way SPAAGs are right now

Yes. I made spreadsheets based on the files. Well technically based on beta files but I don't believe they've changed.

Leyline
Warrant Officer

Postby Leyline » Fri 25 Jul 2014 15:12

The Rate of fire stat has nothing to do with what it happening ingame.
Stop building arguments around it. ^^

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”