Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Phips
Sergeant Major

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Phips » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:02

I can't? surely you mean eugen can't? They've done it anyway. We had this story in ALB times. Canada and Scandinavia were always even from design never competitive. They are supposed to be playable but not to be strong enough to keep up with the others. Back then Canada had no anti air except for crappy adats and crappy manpads and no real fighter plane either, they didn't even have chimera for a while.

Thats why we need mixed deck so much because there you can take all these crappy nations units and forge one good deck but instead mixed just got nuked and all is left are uber strong USA USSR and a few coalitions.

It sucks I know I don't like it either.

Rorschach and I guess others here aren't about atgm not getting fixed no we mean that they shouldn't be as uber strong. You guys will all cry once you experienced the horror that one can unleash with 35p BMP3.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:02

If the red dragons weren't in the game I would be completely okay with this.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:03

There's more to this game than 90's games. you can't make all units useful. It would result in ridiculous price decreases. Like Striker for 20p. They're useful again when you set the lobby to 80s or 85s only.

First, nobody plays those other cat games really (trust i tried to get people to).

Second, some of these were in use till the 2000s like striker was, the game however inauthentically makes them much worse then other systems because ???? logic, i assume its "mclos must be bad" or "old things must be bad" and so on and so forth.

Phips wrote:DLC 2 xD I auto kick people playing vikings atm. No offense but you can't play them seriously. Canada sucks by definition their army never was great to begin with. China is a whole different story though. Their stealth tanks are among the most amazing units I ever used in this game. For everythign else you got mlrs.

Sucks to you, i can use all them them bar norway very effectively.

Phips
Sergeant Major

Postby Phips » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:07

Mitchverr wrote:Sucks to you, i can use all them them bar norway very effectively.

rofl yea nowadays canada is well playable. you're still shooting yourself in the knee before each match though against the better decks. Your or my performance does not matter anyway its about how strong these decks are objectively seen. And especially not in pub stomps.

i once lost against sweden playing as russians. so what, I played worse than my opponent. Doesn't change the fact that USSR deck is way better in nearly everything.

Also do you use Ihawk and NOAH? Well when alb released they didn't had these.
Last edited by Phips on Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

shuai-jan
Lieutenant

Postby shuai-jan » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:09

Scandinavia actually plays fine (at least for me). They could use some more modern units, but that is going to be addressed in the next dlc.

Red Army
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Red Army » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:20

My eyes rolled so far back into my head upon reading this thread's title that I may never see again.

If you are having trouble with ATGM walls in Red Dragon, I really don't know what to tell you, maybe try conquest?

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:21

+1, ATGMS do need some work to validate categories, nations, units, etc. But I hope they don't restore it.

TBH what I'd like to see is ATGM fired at ranges above 2100 have a steeper accuracy drop off curve. Resulting in them keep their stand off range, and anti tank capabilities, but not locking down the game threw their superior range/accuracy over tanks (and friends).
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Postby Skyenet » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:26

The last few days have been some of the most enjoyable I've ever had in Wargame. No longer do I have my attacks beaten into submission by 30 bombers, infinite artillery pieces or ATGMs in every bush, instead I've been able to make armored attacks across open fields and had the enemy do the same to me. The meta is in a good place and I really hope that ATGMs are fixed in such a way that they don't ruin that.

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:29

RangerPL wrote:ATGMs are very potent in real life so it makes no sense to artificially gimp them.

A better solution IMO would be to increase their "noise" of firing, thus making them reveal their position at a greater distance.

This.

Many nations completely rely on ATGMs, it's a nonsensical idea.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

SovietComrade
Warrant Officer

Postby SovietComrade » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:32

Make the "hit/miss" check happen every 6 or so seconds. This way, longer range ATGM shoots are still hard (but not impossible) to pull off while shorter range shots are still reliable. As an added benefit, the modern, faster missiles have a "boost" in accuracy simply based on they can travel further in a given hit check.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”