Final changes for French deck.

FoxZz
Chief Warrant Officer

Final changes for French deck.

Postby FoxZz » Wed 14 Jan 2015 22:54

New version for the last patch that may occure with the map patch :

Since Eugen will soon release a map pack which might include a patch, I think it’s time to propose the last needed changes to the French deck.
All those decks are meant to increase the French deck playability, authenticity and its flavor without touching the EC balance while staying work light for the devs.

Here are the changes :
- AMX30B2 and Brennus should receive medium optics because of the thermal optics they had IRL.

- Brennus price should go down from 65 pts to 60 pts.

- AMX-10 RC and RCSB should both receive 60% acc since they are fitted with the same COTAC FCS as the B2 and the Brennus. Their RoF should go up from 7 to 8 or 9, currently they are too weak.

- ERC-90 Sagaie should also receive a RoF buff to 8 or 9 rpm, with optionally a buff to 50% acc. This unit is an iconic unit of the French army and may be very nice to play, but currently it’s just too crappy to worth a slot.

- The infantry in VAB T20/13 availability should be increased by one step. Currently they have the same availability as WZ-ZZ1, BTR80A or BTR90 while they are much, much worse. To illustrate my proposal, in the current state, Chasseurs 85 in VAB T20 are limited to 12 while in regular VAB they are 20, such a hit for a meh cannon is too much. I propose to give them a 16 avail. An alternative is to buff their auto-cannon to the level of the WZ-551.

- Commando-Marine should have their price reduced to 35, or be buffed to match their price. Currently, they are way too overpriced. Buff could be increasing AA-52 acc, and/or rpm, or same rifle stats as the one of the LstRs.

- VAB VDAA may be switch to vehicle section, and see its ground range increased to 1750m. It would allow this units to be more seen on the battlefield, as well as making the vehicle line more usefull in the deck.

- Jaguar turn radius should be reduced to 400 as all the other planes of its class. The current turn radius of 500 is totally inauthentic.

- Lastly, the HOT family should receive a slight buff, currently those are totally worthless, HOT1 will never hit, and HOT 2 misses 2 out of 3 and make the Tiger HAD very vulnerable and terrible at anti-tank duties. I propose to give 45% acc for the HOT 1 and 65% acc for the HOT 2.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by FoxZz on Sun 16 Aug 2015 22:22, edited 18 times in total.

Razzmann
General

Re: Final changes for French deck.

Postby Razzmann » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:01

Someone has to crush your dreams. Before MadMat does (by not giving an answer at all).

It won't happen.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:02

Generally good/okay stuff.

Biggest thing I'd want is RIMa allowed in more specialization, but mainly motorized, and the reroll of an AMX-30 into a Daguet variant.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:05

I really like the idea of a 50 point B2 Daguet
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:06

APILAS worse than type-69 III...

And you were doing so well. Troll thread nothing to see here.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:09

FoxZz wrote:- Jaguar speed should be reducced to 900km/h and its turn radius reducced to 400.
- Mirage IIIC should be renamed Mirage IIIE should receive 10% ECM and see its turn radius increased to 350 and its speed increased to 1000km/h.
- Mirage 5F should see its turn radius increased to 350 its speed increased to 1000km/h.
- Mirage F1s should have their speed incresed to 1000km/h and their turn radius decreased to 350.
- Rafale speed should be reducced to 900km/h and its turn radius decreased to 250.
- Etendard IV speed should be increased to 750km/h and should be rerolled as a rocket plane.

Here are my proposals, only small changes, adding flavour and balancing stuff.

lol.

FoxZz
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby FoxZz » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:13

CandyMan wrote:APILAS worse than type-69 III...

And you were doing so well. Troll thread nothing to see here.

I didn't say APILAS was better, I said it was comparable. And I see much more trolling in you intervention than in my post.

GBNATO wrote:
FoxZz wrote:- Jaguar speed should be reducced to 900km/h and its turn radius reducced to 400.
- Mirage IIIC should be renamed Mirage IIIE should receive 10% ECM and see its turn radius increased to 350 and its speed increased to 1000km/h.
- Mirage 5F should see its turn radius increased to 350 its speed increased to 1000km/h.
- Mirage F1s should have their speed incresed to 1000km/h and their turn radius decreased to 350.
- Rafale speed should be reducced to 900km/h and its turn radius decreased to 250.
- Etendard IV speed should be increased to 750km/h and should be rerolled as a rocket plane.

Here are my proposals, only small changes, adding flavour and balancing stuff.

lol.

Some of those changes could go along with some prices nerf. An they are all more authentic than the current situation.
For example all Mirage IIIs and F1s can go up to Mach 2.2, thus they only have a 900 km/h speed ingame while they are fastest then some other planes set with 1000km/h but slower like the Jaguar.
Last edited by FoxZz on Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:24, edited 3 times in total.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:16

In what universe is a Rafail slower than a Mirage?

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:18

I already gave WRD up, hoping AoA will be supported for a longer time than Wargame RD.

FoxZz
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby FoxZz » Wed 14 Jan 2015 23:19

GBNATO wrote:In what universe is a Rafail slower than a Mirage?

Theorical max speed :

Rafale = Mach 1.8
Mirage 2000, F1, III = Mach 2.2

The magic of the Inlet cone.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”