Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 May 2015 21:35

LoneRifle wrote:If you think involving the government in "regulation" would make things better, it won't. It will also be yet another massive expenditure in the budget that we can ill-afford.

There isn't a great answer either way to be sure, but securing the border would be a start.

You realize that they come in from everywhere, right? You can't just secure the border with Mexico. You gotta lock down ALL of the coast lines, and the border with Canada. You speak of another massive expenditure that we can ill-afford, but locking down the border to actually stop drugs would be infinitely more expensive.

Also, you honestly think that new taxes would not make up for it? Sure, Colorado anyone?

GBNATO wrote:Not only has the war on drugs failed, but it's easier than ever to get a hold of them. If I get caught with a mate smoking, do I deserve to have my education and possibly my future destroyed?

I don't care what you go to Cloud 9 with, as long as you are not breaking any laws or doing destructive stuff while intoxicated, have fun.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Mon 11 May 2015 21:41

Fade2Gray wrote:I don't care what you go to Cloud 9 with, as long as you are not breaking any laws or doing destructive stuff while intoxicated, have fun.

Wouldn't dream of it, my rule is, if it has the potential to turn you into a lunatic don't take it. Alcohol, Cannabis and Caffeine, that's as far as I go.

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Mon 11 May 2015 21:47

Amphetamines are pretty fun

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 May 2015 21:49

GBNATO wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:I don't care what you go to Cloud 9 with, as long as you are not breaking any laws or doing destructive stuff while intoxicated, have fun.

Wouldn't dream of it, my rule is, if it has the potential to turn you into a lunatic don't take it. Alcohol, Cannabis and Caffeine, that's as far as I go.

Caffeine is my drug of choice. Used to smoke(and drink for that matter, typical soldier stuff I guess), and honestly, nothing else appeals to me. People seem to think that legalization or even just decriminalization is going to cause all sorts of people to get addicted and turn into razing lunatics and hardened criminals. Right, sure.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 11 May 2015 21:50

GBNATO wrote:

Dont forget the first of those actually has significant potential to do just that to you, lol. Personally i still cant understand why people are fine with booze being legal which causes the majority of medical issues in the western world be it long term abuse or getting into A&E when on a bender but against weed and other pretty much non violent drugs and relaxing drugs which are a statistical blip in health issues and are only an issue due to being illegal (such as in the US where a massive number of people face prison for weed when they are non violent offenders).

LoneRifle wrote:If you think involving the government in "regulation" would make things better, it won't. It will also be yet another massive expenditure in the budget that we can ill-afford.

There isn't a great answer either way to be sure, but securing the border would be a start.

IIRC arent like, 4/5 people in US prisons there for non violent drug relaed offences now? Take that cash and use it on regulated clean drugs (ie not mixed with crap) that people can get a set amount of and offer a rehab program for those whom wish to no longer be addicted to said drug with no fear that relapse can mean prison time.

Pretty neat way to do it, iirc thats how Portugal went from a pretty bad drug problem (1 of the worse sets in the EU iirc) to having a near non existant issue.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Mon 11 May 2015 22:22

Where on earth did you find that statistic Mitch?

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 11 May 2015 22:23

Rorschach wrote:Id imagine the amount of people who buy cannabis is much much higher than the amount of people who buy hard drugs. If you decriminalize the soft drugs, you can still hit the gangs hard.

Yes.
Cannabis is practically a coming of age thing, sort of like alcohol. Most who use it try it a few times and then move on. Some stay stuck in it. But the percentage of the population that has used it is very high in the West. Ironically, the Netherlands saw a sharp decline in people who had tried it when they legalised it, and almost bottomed out in Europe.

I live literally a few minutes from Pusher Street in Christiania. I can get it if I want, very casually, no need to ask around, and I can get it for a very low price, and I can get literally dozens of varieties if not more (high quality, low quality, buzzers, gigglers, sleepers whatever you want). But I don't. I have tried it, I have giggled, I have had the munchies and I have moved on. I barely even drink alcohol any longer (only for special occasions like weddings etc). It is really not a big deal with the effects. What is a big deal is the people you have to deal with.

But some of the harder drugs make people absolutely insane. Generally they are in the 'upper' group, while the 'downers' tend to be more relaxed but often insanely addictive. Having run into people on some of the 'crazy' drugs, I can never agree to legalising them. Just the act of taking them is a danger to others, and that is what we are talking about right? Dangers to people and society.
Admittedly, if alcohol hadn't been a part of our societies since several thousands of years ago, I doubt it would be legal today. But at least only a small portion of people get aggressive under alcohol.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 May 2015 22:45

Kraxis wrote:I have tried it, I have giggled, I have had the munchies and I have moved on.

Mass legalization of weed across the world...

the Doritos Epidemic would be so real.

I'd invest like crazy in Frito Lay though.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Mon 11 May 2015 22:51

Why would you eat something dry like doritos when the substance you are taking is legendary for drying your mouth out? I never understood that :|

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 11 May 2015 22:52

LoneRifle wrote:Where on earth did you find that statistic Mitch?

Number i read was miswritten at a site, sorry bout that. (bloody annoying when news sites cant even source correctly argh your news is terribad for this xD) They took the numbers badly from some other sources and chinese whispered it to hell.

Though, there are significant issues http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/prisons_and_drugs going into how (now) over half are drug related, of which most comes from weed apparently. Though anything to help the system in the US would be greatly good, as it is right now 1 in 99 adults in prison. https://www.aclu.org/prison-crisis

Fade2Gray wrote:
Kraxis wrote:I have tried it, I have giggled, I have had the munchies and I have moved on.

Mass legalization of weed across the world...

the Doritos Epidemic would be so real.

I'd invest like crazy in Frito Lay though.

I know people who smoke weed, try to get me to, the smell makes me ill, so i dont, guess no dorito for me :(

GBNATO wrote:Why would you eat something dry like doritos when the substance you are taking is legendary for drying your mouth out? I never understood that :|

Dips!

Return to “Off-Topic”