FIFA scandal. Plus CIA conspiracy theory!

Kraxis
Major-General

Re: FIFA scandal. Plus CIA conspiracy theory!

Postby Kraxis » Tue 2 Jun 2015 19:54

LoneRifle wrote:
Kraxis wrote:
Yakhont wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32982449

Blatter quits, cue the conspiracy. Probably too much pressure.

UEFA pretty much said, "boycott the Russian WC, make own cup with select South American nations invited." In other words, if UEFA did that the 'real' World Cup would be a second rate cup. FIFA simply couldn't take that. And while I am wholly on UEFA's side, such a split would be disastrous to football in general.

Would it be even worse than things already are though? I'm not sure at this point. The rot is set rather deeply.

I believe it would be. Because while the corruption is real and bad, it has yet to manifest itself as bad for the game and the spectators. The Qatar WC might just be that though, but at least they have semi-salvaged it so far. If it becomes as bad as I fear it might be, then yes. By the way, it wasn't the Russian WC they wanted to boycott, but the Qatari. For obvious reasons. UEFA is pretty mad over the winter cup as it really messes up a lot of national leagues and of course Champions' League. And I agree that it sucks badly.
But it hasn't yet happened, and it would be the first cup that would be downright bad. So far all cups have been acceptable or better. That's a good track record.

It can be a lot better, and I want FIFA to get cleaned out until it is a hollow shell and then filled up again with clean people. But splitting football down the middle, with Europe and the best of the rest vs everyone else, would be terrible for the game. The World Cup isn't the best cup in terms of quality of play. Too many bad teams get in, and too many bad refs get in. But it is by far the best cup in overall feeling. It shows a lot of football cultures and the atmosphere is very different from the European Cup, which is much the same as we see always here, little new, little different. I have been to one of each and the intensity is greater in the EC, but the WC just feels a lot more welcoming and... should I say friendly, in atmosphere. It would be a massive loss to not have that any more.
Last edited by Shifu on Mon 8 Jun 2015 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language (fixed)
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Tue 2 Jun 2015 20:58

FA chairman G.Dyke called for investigation after Blatter's resign.

"He’s gone. At long last we can sort out FIFA. We can go back to looking at those two World Cups.

"If I were Qatar right now I wouldn’t be feeling very comfortable.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sepp-blatter-resigns-greg-dyke-5810727

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Tue 2 Jun 2015 21:55

Be prepared for bluster, lots of talking and no Real changes
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 3 Jun 2015 01:35

Blatter came off as a huge asshole in the speech he gave after he won. I'm glad he's gone. And Qatar is a horrible place to play soccer/football. Kill every player and half the fans via heat strokes :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Wed 3 Jun 2015 03:54

orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Wed 3 Jun 2015 06:28

I wonder why investigation went down to 1996. And not 1994 for example.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Wed 3 Jun 2015 07:22

The decision to host the World Cup in the USA in 1994 was decided in 1988. So you would need to go back to probably 84 for a good investigation into fraud regarding host of that World Cup. That's a long time ago to find evidence.

But I assume you weren't interested in the reason and just wanted to sully the waters.

Russian defence 101
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Wed 3 Jun 2015 08:25

Wait; isnt Russia part of UEFA?

Why would they boycott their own member and plot an alternative? I dont follow football closely, much less the politics of football but that is ridiculous.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Wed 3 Jun 2015 09:37

Mad22 wrote:The decision to host the World Cup in the USA in 1994 was decided in 1988. So you would need to go back to probably 84 for a good investigation into fraud regarding host of that World Cup. That's a long time ago to find evidence.

But I assume you weren't interested in the reason and just wanted to sully the waters.

Russian defence 101

I was merely pointing out that the investigation is motivated by geopolitics and not serving justice. Or do you doubt that?

In any case, even if it is politically driven, FIFA leadership got what it deserves.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Wed 3 Jun 2015 15:06

So far the only people that have indicated that Russia is being treated differently or is in danger of losing the 2018 cup are... Russians.

Par for the course.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Return to “Off-Topic”