Wargame: Global Crisis

User avatar
horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri 26 Apr 2013 20:52
Contact:

Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby horsman » Mon 13 Jul 2015 15:07

Wargame: Global Crisis

Global Crisis is a WIP mod that intends to totaly rework every nation of the game updating them into the 2000's, whilst still maintaining some of the older units (mainly tank's/SPG's), A total rebalance of most every unit in the game will also follow, taking BTR's Tank data sheets, expect everything you know about wargame to change.

Spoiler : Alternate timeline :
Under construction...



In Global Crisis, the timeline has been pushed into the 2000's with the Prototype cutoff at 2010 however most equipment will be updated to the late 90's early 00's, all pre 70's equipment will be removed unless it's still maintained and in active service.
I plan on fully flushing out each nation to the best i can with given models so expect eurofighters for germany PZH 2000 and much more.

Preposed changes

Spoiler : :
LOG
CV vehicle's
.price increase
.instant zone cap
.instant retreat
CV infantry
.price decrease
.long zone cap times (curently 15 seconds)
.long retreat times (curently 8 seconds)

INFANTRY
LINE INF
.3 Second AR hit role
.AT ammo great increase (MAX 15)
.Heavy AT Weaponry
SHOCK INF
.2.6 Second AR hit role (up from 2.2)
.2.6 seconds Carbine hit role -0.5 second reload time
.AT ammo max 8
.Light/Mid AT weaponry
ELITE INF
.2.3 second AR hit role (up form 1.5)
.2.3 seconds Carbine hit role -0.5 second reload time
.AT ammo max 6
.Heavy AT weaponry
SPECIAL FORCES
.2.3 second AR hit role (up form 1.5)
.2.3 seconds Carbine hit role -0.5 second reload time
.2 second SMG hit role
.AT ammo max 5
.Special AT weaponry
WEAPON SQUADS
.3 Second AR hit role
.3 seconds Carbine hit role -0.5 second reload time
.AT ammo great increase (MAX 18)
.Heavy AT Weaponry
AA SPECILISTS
.3 Second AR hit role
.3 seconds Carbine hit role -0.5 second reload time
.AA ammo (MAX 6)

TANKS
TANK AIM TIMES
Early tanks (low level electronics/poor fire controle systems): 3-2.4 seconds
Early Thermal Optics: 2.3 seconds
Advanced thermal optics: 2.1 seconds
TOGS: 2 seconds
TOGS2: 1.8 seconds

HAND LOADER
Max ROF 9RPM
Acerage ROF 7-8 RPM
Lowest ROF 6RPM

AUTO LOADER
Basic 7RPM
Advanced 8RPM
Specials IRL ROF ECT. lecleric 12RPM

SPG's/ROCKET ARTY
Universal price increases
Universal accuracy increase for older SPG's to ballance avalibility decrease and aim time increses.
Universal 0,3,2,0,0 Avalibility
Exceptions:
ATAMCS 0,1,0,0,0 (2 cards)
SMERCH 0,2,0,0,0 (2 cards)

AIM TIME INCRESES
10's->35's
20's->45's
30's->55's

ROCKET ARTY
4550M dispersion, Full salvo launch
3955M dispersion, 3/4 round launch


AAA
universal range increase
Universal price increase
Universal avalability decrease

HELO
Helo card prices decreased (1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5)
Universal attack helo avalibility decrease
0,2,1,0,0 per card

AA helo
Universal avalibility decreased
0,4,2,0,0 per card

LIGHT TRANSPORT HELO
Reserved for ELITE/SPECIAL FORCES infantry

HEAVY TRANSPORT HELO
Universal Infantry Cariers

PLANES
Avalibility droped to 1 per card, number of cards increased
Card Prices decreased (1,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5)
SEAD missle range increased
AT missle range increased

NAVAL
Last on list to be rebalanced will be started once all nations have been updated


First nations to be updated are the US/UK/FR/West Germany
First Two almost complete, second two around half way done

*Note, this is in early stages and things are likely to change based on user feed back/suggestions
Last edited by horsman on Mon 20 Jul 2015 22:04, edited 3 times in total.
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic
Image

User avatar
MenDuck
Major
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sat 6 Sep 2014 23:03
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby MenDuck » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:00

Large, but interesting.... Well, good luck in making it :D

User avatar
captain biggles
Warrant Officer
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun 15 Sep 2013 14:23
Location: Sea Base 005 Planet Neptune
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby captain biggles » Sun 19 Jul 2015 23:05

It Plays very nice and i really like the changes to infantry load outs.


my only suggestions would be to change the model of the M6 Linebacker to that of the M2A2 (as they were modified M2A2s) and that US infantry should maybe use the M16A2 (as the M16A3 is only really used by the Seabees.) Apart from that, it's awesome. :D
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Image
Image
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

User avatar
horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri 26 Apr 2013 20:52
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby horsman » Mon 20 Jul 2015 21:17

captain biggles wrote:It Plays very nice and i really like the changes to infantry load outs.


my only suggestions would be to change the model of the M6 Linebacker to that of the M2A2 (as they were modified M2A2s) and that US infantry should maybe use the M16A2 (as the M16A3 is only really used by the Seabees.) Apart from that, it's awesome. :D


Thanks for the feedback, I'll change the M6 to the M2A2 model, based on other feedback I was informed that the M4 replaced the m16 as the default service rifle coming into service in 1994 as such all non marine units now use this as there default primary, Marine units are now equipt with the M16A4.

Next test version should be ready by the end of this week :D
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic
Image

User avatar
captain biggles
Warrant Officer
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun 15 Sep 2013 14:23
Location: Sea Base 005 Planet Neptune
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby captain biggles » Mon 20 Jul 2015 22:08

horsman wrote:
captain biggles wrote:It Plays very nice and i really like the changes to infantry load outs.


my only suggestions would be to change the model of the M6 Linebacker to that of the M2A2 (as they were modified M2A2s) and that US infantry should maybe use the M16A2 (as the M16A3 is only really used by the Seabees.) Apart from that, it's awesome. :D


Thanks for the feedback, I'll change the M6 to the M2A2 model, based on other feedback I was informed that the M4 replaced the m16 as the default service rifle coming into service in 1994 as such all non marine units now use this as there default primary, Marine units are now equipt with the M16A4.

Next test version should be ready by the end of this week :D



Awesome. Great work, dude!

Also, Challenger 2 OP please don't nerf.
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Image
Image
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

User avatar
rex88
Lieutenant
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015 12:18
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby rex88 » Mon 20 Jul 2015 22:19

it sounds like there is already a version of the mod
i'm guess it's a closed alpha
Image
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

User avatar
horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri 26 Apr 2013 20:52
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby horsman » Mon 20 Jul 2015 22:57

rex88 wrote:it sounds like there is already a version of the mod
i'm guess it's a closed alpha


Yea i just wanted to get a bit of feedback on how things where going in the early stages before putting in lots of time, your more than wellcome to join in the next test build if you'd like.
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic
Image

User avatar
rex88
Lieutenant
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015 12:18
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby rex88 » Mon 20 Jul 2015 23:07

horsman wrote:
rex88 wrote:it sounds like there is already a version of the mod
i'm guess it's a closed alpha


Yea i just wanted to get a bit of feedback on how things where going in the early stages before putting in lots of time, your more than wellcome to join in the next test build if you'd like.


sure thing. i've tested mods before on one occasion; my modding skills are not the highest but i do know some things, and i have good appreciation of modders. i also have a good 4 weeks of free time before starting school. unmodded wise for blue side i play a fair amount of EU and NORAD.

with the new official patch incoming, it may ruin mods again, which is why im guessing most of the mods have been quiet. although if you have the two data files and figure out the new places to paste them it could still work without much more hassle
Image
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

User avatar
horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri 26 Apr 2013 20:52
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby horsman » Mon 20 Jul 2015 23:26

rex88 wrote:
sure thing. i've tested mods before on one occasion; my modding skills are not the highest but i do know some things, and i have good appreciation of modders. i also have a good 4 weeks of free time before starting school. unmodded wise for blue side i play a fair amount of EU and NORAD.

with the new official patch incoming, it may ruin mods again, which is why im guessing most of the mods have been quiet. although if you have the two data files and figure out the new places to paste them it could still work without much more hassle


Its tipical that the new maps would finaly come once i get back into modding, hense the reason im only updating 4 nations at this point and only doing the ground forces (aircraft take time and its bloody tedious), once the maps are realeased ill get to work on updating all nations.

Unfortunately i cant just past the old files into the new directory as the old files lack the data for the new maps so ill have to remod it all into the new version, unless someones come up with a way to extract .dat changes and export them into the new version.
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic
Image

User avatar
rex88
Lieutenant
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015 12:18
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Global Crisis

Postby rex88 » Tue 21 Jul 2015 00:17

since the data files can't be done separately by multiple people, so sadly you have much slogging cut out for you...

i could however do some low-end slave labor, such as compiling a spreadsheet for indices 81, 89, or the turret ones... mostly 81

if you don't have one of those already, i can make one and maybe make your life slightly easier - i just need a tentative list of the units you are thinking of changing
Image
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests