Fine-tuning NK/China

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby another505 » Mon 4 Jan 2016 23:12

is the chinese RPK used by lijian, lie ren, and luzhandui that are good

Yes, pls more AA for armored and mechanized... HQ7 is really needed
Of Salt

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 4 Jan 2016 23:14

another505 wrote:is the chinese RPK used by lijian, lie ren, and luzhandui that are good

I remember someone saying RD armored is op, so why is it needed? :P

Greyhound
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Greyhound » Tue 5 Jan 2016 00:15

I like this very much so. Reasonoble demands, I like it. +1

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 5 Jan 2016 00:34

another505 wrote:is the chinese RPK used by lijian, lie ren, and luzhandui that are good

not HQ-7, longrange HQ-61 we need. :D

played some games with RD armor, the tanks are quite ok, but got bombed to ground by nuke falcons... pong'gae 3 and PGZ-95 simply can't deal with that, and the asf selection is just sad...
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 5 Jan 2016 00:40

Razzmann wrote:

I remember someone saying RD armored is op, so why is it needed? :P

Is OP when you pubstomp noobs
Of Salt

chainsaw
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby chainsaw » Tue 5 Jan 2016 01:49

Thanks for Combat Panda making the post.

Plus one point. VEH Hwasung chong's strela's accuracy can be buffed to the same as other strela 1's accuracy. Just for consistency.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 5 Jan 2016 18:24

chainsaw wrote:Thanks for Combat Panda making the post.

Plus one point. VEH Hwasung chong's strela's accuracy can be buffed to the same as other strela 1's accuracy. Just for consistency.

added your suggestion to first post. I think if the Acc gets buffed it could stay at 20 pts. make it cheaper and people would whine about unstoppable NK mech push. :D
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Tue 5 Jan 2016 19:00

I like most of those ideas.

keldon wrote:- 5 point transport for Bochongsu
sefexplaning, will help mech/armor decks

Yeah, sure, that'd be good.

This goes a bit beyond RD, but I'd also like to see the BTR-60PB, SPW-60PB, OT-64A, Skot-2A, and 23M Krak all dropped to 10 points and the RD BTR-80A given the availability buff that the USSR BTR-80A got. Non-USSR REDFOR transportation options has huge swaths where they don't have any good options, much less strong options. Let's at least give them reasonably priced weak vehicles.

keldon wrote:- VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong to 15 pts
make the only ifv line for NK more costeffectiv and attractive, also helps mech/armor decks

I don't like this one. The missiles are rubbish, but even a single heli kill pays for an awful lot of 5-point premiums on your IFVs.

keldon wrote:- Truck transport for RD militia
5 pointer option for reservists should be the norm

I don't like this one. Militia spam is as annoying as heck, and on top of that RD has one of the two militia that is situationally worth taking- the NK SMG guys. Leave 'em be.

keldon wrote:- Zhanshi 85 rpg ACC buff to atleast 50%
RD only has highend inf AT options, this change will help in this regard, also helps mech/armor decks

Sure. Heck, make it 55% or 60%. Or, even better IMHO, skip the accuracy buff and make Zhanshi '85 10 points instead. They're sub-Jager anti-inf thanks to the lack of MG3 and 95% of the time also sub-Jager anti-armor.

keldon wrote:- Gongbobyong price to 15 pts
works like psudo upgrade for the bochongsu, in conjunction with zhanshi buff, NK will bring better anti inf ability at 15 pts.

Sure.

keldon wrote:- 8 rpm for 125 mm ZTZ or 5 pts price cut
both ZTZ are cited in chinese sources as 8 rpm, also currently 85IIA pales against T-72B1, this change will make it a valid tradeoff option

I think that'll make the -III too good. I vote 60% acc, 50% stab for the IIA instead.

keldon wrote:- Chong-ma Ho IV ACC to at least 50%
pls at least 1 decent NK tank... make it a slowfiring but accurate sniper tank would please the great leader

Heck, make it 55%.

I've been saying for a while a quick band-aid to the NK/RD tank lineup is 55% acc Ho IV and cost 60 T-72M. That'll give them some solid workhorses.

Instead, the Ho gets... medium optics.

keldon wrote:- J-8c 2 elite planes per card
RD needs a costeffective asf option cause MiG-23 simply can't do it...

Elite seems a bit much, maybe hardened.

keldon wrote:- Su-27 SK MRAMM ACC to 65% or 2 veteran per card
chainsaw dug up some info from missle producer, apparently those are improved missles. A highend sniper SA asf would be pretty flavorful, proto it so no one can take it in mix deck.

Or just a 5-10 point discount. It's definitely a bit weak- it pays for all those missiles, but it likely to die or run out of targets before it gets a chance to use them all. SA makes taking a tour of the enemy ADN very likely.

keldon wrote:- MiG 29-12b 2 elite planes per card, price to 110 pts
It's like a better MiG-21 LAZUR, with appropriate price and availbility it could be really useful, also would give NK something nice.

It's already plenty lethal up close without the accuracy buff. It just costs too darn much. Drop the elite-ness, keep the price buff, IMHO.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 5 Jan 2016 19:05

delor wrote:
keldon wrote:- 8 rpm for 125 mm ZTZ or 5 pts price cut
both ZTZ are cited in chinese sources as 8 rpm, also currently 85IIA pales against T-72B1, this change will make it a valid tradeoff option

I think that'll make the -III too good. I vote 60% acc, 50% stab for the IIA instead.

About the -III, maybe.
About the -IIA? Hell no, compare it to K1, M1 Wilk, even B1.
You LOSE 2 (or 1 in the case of the B1) RPM just to TRADE AP for AV. Same with the Chieftain Mk.11. On top of that you have lower speed than those tank. You could buff the RoF even to 9 and it would merely be a pretty good tank and far from OP or too good.

delor wrote:

And why exactly?

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Tue 5 Jan 2016 19:24

Razzmann wrote:About the -III, maybe.
About the -IIA? Hell no, compare it to K1, M1 Wilk, even B1.
You LOSE 2 (or 1 in the case of the B1) RPM just to TRADE AP for AV. Same with the Chieftain Mk.11. On top of that you have lower speed than those tank. You could buff the RoF even to 9 and it would merely be a pretty good tank and far from OP or too good.

Well, if you want to buff just the ROF of the IIA and not the III, that'd be fine, but that seems a bit weird that the III suddenly starts shooting slower

I'd also be down with a ROF buff to both and a small price increase for the III.

Razzmann wrote:
delor wrote:

And why exactly?

Because that puts it in a better place as a bargain ASF than pretty much anything other than the PD, which many feel is OP.

100 points for four 60%+ accuracy 7000m AA missiles? The Phantom II gets that, but also has 10% ECM instead of 30% ECM. The F-4EJ, similar story at lower acc but lower price. F-4J Phantom II? A little weaker, a lot cheaper, but you get 1.

The only thing besides the PD that might be a competitor for that is the Tornado F2. It wouldn't be the end of the world to have it be a PD-class plane. Much like CMW, RD isn't exactly the strongest faction in the game so giving them an underpriced plane wouldn't break anything- it doesn't for USSR, which is arguably the strongest faction in the game. Still, I think that's too good for a 100 point plane.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”