Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

D-M

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby D-M » Thu 17 Mar 2016 23:09

delfo wrote:
ikalugin wrote:http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/51526
Порядка 33 миллиардов рублей

According to Putin, approx 500m USD (in current exchange rates) were spent on the Syrian campaighn.

So the aircraft fuel that was used to do 9000 sorties, the daily Mi 24 flights, transport flights plus the maintenance plus the 60 kalibr missiles plus the newer bombs, the two lost airframes add up to 33 billion rubles million rubles? Can anyone there do math?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/ ... 40015.html

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Thu 17 Mar 2016 23:15

And that was before the daily AN 124 trips, the S400 regiment, the increase in the number of planes, the lost airframes, the arriaval of the Mi 28s and Ka 52s and the Mi 35s. The arriaval of the cruiser and the other ships next to it and the purchase of the extra transport ships.

And we can't even factor in how many advanced rifles( vintorez and ak 100 series have been seen in Syrian hands ) and launchers ( thermobaric for example which in Regime hands appeared only after October but now everyone has them ) for the infantry were handed out or the TOS and Grad and Smerch salvos.

Double
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Double » Thu 17 Mar 2016 23:22

Right now, Syrian marines are on their way to Palmyra. As far as I am aware, Hezballah is already there. Smerches and Uragans were spotted near Palmyra as well. They are planning some big offensive.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Thu 17 Mar 2016 23:52

Double wrote:Right now, Syrian marines are on their way to Palmyra. As far as I am aware, Hezballah is already there. Smerches and Uragans were spotted near Palmyra as well. They are planning some big offensive.

Do the marines answer mostly to Seriozha ?

But good on you for believing that a unit that prior to the civil war had a pool of 2 battalions at best could now be more than nick name for a militia of dubious quality and even more dubious military strength if any...

I am sure those Syrian Marines will shame the IRGC and Hezbolla and the Spetznaz GRU who are there in greater numbers already...

Anymore Assadist state sanctioned propapanda for the day ?

Double
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Double » Thu 17 Mar 2016 23:57

U should probably take a break for a while from anything connected to Syria or u will soon see Asad even behind the curtains of ur window.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 18 Mar 2016 00:00

Double wrote:U should probably take a break for a while from anything connected to Syria or u will soon see Asad even behind the curtains of ur window.

You're cute, have I told you that. Constantly wrong but still cute.

Is this your way to bury the news that ISIS killed 2 Spetznaz GRU operators in Syria. I am sure no one will find out on this forum if you keep at it...

Double
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Double » Fri 18 Mar 2016 00:33

Not as cute as your last prophesy of DeZ falling.

Is this your way to bury the news that ISIS killed 2 Spetznaz GRU operators in Syria. I am sure no one will find out on this forum if you keep at it...

Not really burying anything or anyone, just adding some more info about situation in Palmyra.
These marines already had some succes at Latakia. It could be debatable to what extent, but they did quite well. They are definitly more capable than average militia unit.

I forgot the Syrian Tigers, who are also in the area.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 18 Mar 2016 00:49

Double wrote:

Not as cute as your last prophesy of DeZ falling.

Because that situation has heavily inimproved for the SAA because of their own fighting and not hmm the YPG taking fresh territory to the north.

But if you think you're proving me wrong thoroughly go on...

Now ;et me be gracious in this. Yes I expected the SAA pocket to shrink significantly even fall in DEZ because Russia bombed it deliberately. ISIS hasn't stopped poking and they lost an immense ammount of supplies and officers crucial to the defense.

But it didn't you're right. ISIS did attacks that got on the tarmac and yet the pocket held. That was until mid February. Then the YPG tore through ISIS in the North surrounded a pocket and the troops started moving north. At that point the fighting subsided in the city with ISIS moving forward inside the districts and the SAA fighting to re-establish a bigger perimeter so that there aren't trenches on the hill overlooking the airstrip. Both succeded in a limited fashion. How was it done though. Massed forced conscription from the districts controlled. Waves of people just arrested armed and formed into penal like battalions. But yes the pocket held.

Is that your big victory in proving me wrong? Let us go over your posts and the ones you deleted. Tally them up and see what we get..

Because you know you're totally not Russian...

Double wrote:

Not really burying anything or anyone, just adding some more info about situation in Palmyra.
These marines already had some succes at Latakia. It could be debatable to what extent, but they did quite well. They are definitly more capable than average militia unit.

I forgot the Syrian Tigers, who are also in the area.

So there will be SAA people for the cameras this time. That's nice. The SAA Tigers are at 300 and the marines can at best add as many there. I am being optimistic here. The assault will run out of steam again.

It is very much debatable to what extent 300 people from Latakia can push the needle in Latakia and in Palmyra. Especially when you factor in how much of the heavy equipment was controled and directed by them and that even when that was factored in the ratio of the losses was not that stellar for the SAA.

The reports of the mutiny continue:

https://twitter.com/fuadshahbazov/statu ... 9375262720

And the guys with the drone videos :
http://russiaworks.ru/dopolnitelno/novo ... obstrelom/

Double
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Double » Fri 18 Mar 2016 01:44

While we are at it, your editing is cute as well. Arent u able to write it on the first time?

Your prophesying of DeZ collapse began already in January.
YPG offensive started in mid February.
Quite a big window of time, in which ISIS´s only concern in the area was SAA in DeZ.

YPG offensive was succesful, because DeZ made quite a lot of ISIS forces busy. YPG succesful offensive goes hand in hand with SAA succesful defense.

Is that your big victory in proving me wrong? Let us go over your posts and the ones you deleted. Tally them up and see what we get..

Because you know you're totally not Russian...

Maybe the deleted ones would still be here, if u wouldnt cry so much to the mods. Who knows.
btw, Did u already check the curtains?

So there will be SAA people for the cameras this time. That's nice. The SAA Tigers are at 300 and the marines can at best add as many there. I am being optimistic here. The assault will run out of steam again.

It is very much debatable to what extent 300 people from Latakia can push the needle in Latakia and in Palmyra. Especially when you factor in how much of the heavy equipment was controled and directed by them and that even when that was factored in the ratio of the losses was not that stellar for the SAA.

U forgot to note the difference between terain of Latakia and Palmyra. Latakia was suited for defense, so of course they had quite a losses.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 18 Mar 2016 01:46

Double wrote:Maybe the deleted ones would still be here, if u wouldnt cry so much to the mods. Who knows.
btw, Did u already check the curtains?

I'm going to leave this quote here.

It says enough about you. It's always someone else's fault.

Return to “Off-Topic”