[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.335 ... + NEW MAP

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.335 ... + NEW MAP

Postby Megiddo » Wed 13 Apr 2016 10:35

Fab wrote:
Holy_crap wrote:DO NOT MAKE SNIPER DEFCON 3!

We won't. We already tried it and the sniper is at the right place at defcon 2.

For the US, being the most played faction, we are keeping a particular eye on it. As MadMat said, the US is well balanced when you check the overall stats.
There still a problem with the US vs Cartel matchup. You mentioned it, and our stats are saying the same : if you take 1vs1 games, shorter than 30 minutes, the matchup seems to be in favor of the Cartel.

We are working on that specific issue.

Again, thank you for your feedbacks.

Very interesting, thanks for the intel. :)

Do you have some serious leads you could share with us so we could discuss a bit about them please?
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Wed 13 Apr 2016 10:53

Thank You Fab :)

i'm not biased towards us , i play random myself , but when i match up with us player and get cartel i feel meh knowing i have an advantage over him

however just wanted to say 90% of the games ends before 30 minutes in reboot edition which is a wonderful feeling

a little headup on what to come so we can discuss would be appreciated

thank you

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Thu 14 Apr 2016 11:31

Fab wrote:
Holy_crap wrote:DO NOT MAKE SNIPER DEFCON 3!

We won't. We already tried it and the sniper is at the right place at defcon 2.

For the US, being the most played faction, we are keeping a particular eye on it. As MadMat said, the US is well balanced when you check the overall stats.
There still a problem with the US vs Cartel matchup. You mentioned it, and our stats are saying the same : if you take 1vs1 games, shorter than 30 minutes, the matchup seems to be in favor of the Cartel.

We are working on that specific issue.

Again, thank you for your feedbacks.

Im sorry but Chimera breaks US literaly. Your server stats are just biased to reach a theoratical 50% but those stats are delusional.

The fact that the AoA community was whinning about Chimera being super weak 2 Weeks ago and your stats do not Show an early game Dominance of chimera against US just nails it for me.

In our testings dotdash and andre were having a lot of 1v1 were chimera always got the map control after Puma felin army got too big. There is no way US can secure Banks and while getting defcon 2.

Chimera just overruns US with T1...even Cartel has a hard time against that Strategy sometimes.

To Base the balance on some stats this community Shows you is just amusing and sad at the same time.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 12:12

The reason why Chimera is strong (early game) is because of the prison heal.

You can storm any bank with 6 felins with prison heal, or just place your felins on a nearby building let them shoot at the bank and slowly kill the infantry inside, so chimera will take the banks without even needing an SAS most of the times.

Prison heal definitely needs a nerf, or to be placed on shield tech, sword has felin upgrade with smoke, while shieldwould have prison heal.

Pumas, i think the problem people have with these tanks, from what ive seen, is that they make a few of them and throw them at the frontline, expecting them to deal with everything, well they don't, pumas are fragile and a few javelins/vipers will kill any pumas you have.

However the strong aspect of pumas is their spammability, high rate of fire together with transporting SAS, that can be healed by prison heal.

Since US really only has mass humvee javelin in the early game, dealing with puma/SAS is extremely hard, once you get tusk 1 this isn't problematic, but the issue is surviving until then.

So really the only overpowered thing here is the prison heal.

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Thu 14 Apr 2016 12:50

Andre , prison heal nerf will do nothing , I played against berninsaft yesterday and he is a us expert player , and all I did is spamming puma and sas , I controlled all the map including the banks , so the moral of this story is us is beyond broken , they are upper weak early on , I totally agree with Ganon here ,
I'm still trying to find the replay folder on Windows 10 to send to Eugen thus they can analyse and see where the flaw of the us faction is

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 12:53

I think it would be better and more useful if you guys collected 10-20 replays of USA vs Chimera and USA vs Cartel (don't select games, send those where USA wins or loses) and just send them all to Eugene.

They need to analyze those themselves.

Cruelty
Corporal

Postby Cruelty » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:12

ZxGanon wrote:Im sorry but Chimera breaks US literaly. Your server stats are just biased to reach a theoratical 50% but those stats are delusional.

The fact that the AoA community was whinning about Chimera being super weak 2 Weeks ago and your stats do not Show an early game Dominance of chimera against US just nails it for me.

In our testings dotdash and andre were having a lot of 1v1 were chimera always got the map control after Puma felin army got too big. There is no way US can secure Banks and while getting defcon 2.

Chimera just overruns US with T1...even Cartel has a hard time against that Strategy sometimes.

To Base the balance on some stats this community Shows you is just amusing and sad at the same time.

You know Ganon, you could try to convey this a little less Hostile? I mean jeesh, im sure they are trying their best, and you probably dont know the whole story. Dont get me wrong, I agree with what your saying, just not HOW you are saying it XD its a bit harsh.

that said, excited about the Feedback weve been getting from the devs, keep it up!

/Cruelty

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:14

Uppy wrote:Andre , prison heal nerf will do nothing , I played against berninsaft yesterday and he is a us expert player , and all I did is spamming puma and sas , I controlled all the map including the banks , so the moral of this story is us is beyond broken , they are upper weak early on , I totally agree with Ganon here ,
I'm still trying to find the replay folder on Windows 10 to send to Eugen thus they can analyse and see where the flaw of the us faction is

Yeah man its a good replay to post then, like torinus said, the more replays the better.

I just haven't been to keen on posting replays after replays, because patches have actually been fast.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:20

AndreB wrote:
Uppy wrote:Andre , prison heal nerf will do nothing , I played against berninsaft yesterday and he is a us expert player , and all I did is spamming puma and sas , I controlled all the map including the banks , so the moral of this story is us is beyond broken , they are upper weak early on , I totally agree with Ganon here ,

Yeah man its a good replay to post then, like torinus said, the more replays the better.

I just haven't been to keen on posting replays after replays, because patches have actually been fast.

I would say devs can load older replays if they want. You can just zip all the replays, upload them to any free upload server and send a link to madmat.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:22

torinus wrote:I would say devs can load older replays if they want. You can just zip all the replays, upload them to any free upload server and send a link to madmat.

Unless we ask for them, there is no need to send us reaply.

Return to “Act of Aggression”