PS: I had an idea for Luzhandui deck specialization.
There is a ton of "flavour" to be had here. They would be an individually mediocre force that is surprisingly well-rounded due to the variety of almost-good units they have, provided that they field a bit of everything they have and keep them together. They would have interesting meta in a lot of ways:
1. A unique niche where all the newly buffed vehicles and tanks appear together: Choma5, ZTS-63B, HJ-9, ZSD-90, BMP1
2. A good variety of soldiers: being able to field 15-men meatshields and 10-men LAW teams in complementary way and still have slots left over for MANPADs
3. A good variety of decent IFVs: ZSD-90 is now fairly hardy*, might mix well with the faster BTRs or the heavier BMPs
4. A reason to take PLA 120mm mortar: The DPRK one has same stats, same price, magically more ammo, but not available to marines.
5. It bypasses the can of worms known as line infantry, both in terms of their persistent woes and what buffs they did just get.
6. It bypasses the problem of not having SPAAGs and SAMs together.
7. It requires no stat changes, only the deck availability of a few air units. I think this is crucial. We have been requesting Eugen to rebalance #4 and #6 for over a year, and if they wanted to, they would have done it long ago. But if we look at #1 and #3, these are the types of buffs they are willing to hand out, and it's best if our requests are built on top of this. Simply opening up the specializations of the Z-9 and the J-8 will be a quick fix that amplifies the specific buffs that Eugen has been willing to consider.
8. Line infantry buffs can be considered on a totally different track. Making those small changes, meanwhile, will not decrease the urgency of moto, mech, and armour decks. If Zhanshi or Bongchongsu get buffed eventually, it's not going to stack with any buffs to the marine deck, and therefore never run the (theoretical) risk of over-buffing the coalition. And if changes are slow to come, at least the marines can be an interesting choice.
*Ideally, ZSD 90 could cost 5 point more in exchange for +10kph off road and +40kph on road. This would give it the same speed profile as the BTRs used by the Jeogokdae. So then you could have a marine blob supported by BTR/ZSD, or by Type86/Korshun. This again would give the deck a more cohesive flavour.