Difficulty

Xyshen
Private

Difficulty

Postby Xyshen » Sun 26 Feb 2012 20:47

Heya

Am I the only one that feels retarded because he sees his arse all the time in sp? These missions are bloody difficult :shock:

Whether I play the missions fast or try to do them carefully - the result is always the same. I've had to result to saving and retrying from saves for encounters during the mission and even then I have to try 3-9 times to get it right... Am I missing some huge secret or something?

I've tried to read up as much as possible (w:ee forums+wiki) as well as watched a few replays - but it seems that mp is a totally different monster than sp. So far the best advice I have assimilated from the forums has been: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ

Help, advice or personal training would be greatly appreciated :lol:

KhalilD
Private

Re: Difficulty

Postby KhalilD » Mon 27 Feb 2012 17:23

Not ashamed to say, I know exactly how you feel!

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Mon 27 Feb 2012 17:46

Hang in there Xyshen. Something will 'click' soon and things will get easier. The AI is really quite good in WEE so you have to play smart (not saying you're not).

Opticalsnare
Corporal

Postby Opticalsnare » Mon 27 Feb 2012 21:58

OpusTheFowl wrote:Hang in there Xyshen. Something will 'click' soon and things will get easier. The AI is really quite good in WEE so you have to play smart (not saying you're not).

Its because they bloody cheat...

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Mon 27 Feb 2012 22:07

Name an RTS campaign where the AI did not cheat or wasn't given an "unfair" advantage of some kind. I can't think of one. They make them cheat to give the player a challenge. I enjoy the challenge of the campaigns, even if they can be tough at times. I especially enjoyed the first mission in the "Able Archer" campaign.

Xecutionner
Corporal

Postby Xecutionner » Mon 27 Feb 2012 22:25

Falcrack wrote:I especially enjoyed the first mission in the "Able Archer" campaign.

That's where I'm stuck !

How do you fill the objective ?

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Mon 27 Feb 2012 22:45

I moved very, very, very slowly, sending out my best recon units in advance very cautiosly, and then moving my other units forward. The key to that mission is capturing enemy supply trucks and FOBs. Without that, it would be impossible. I made good use of my artillery at times to shoot clumped units when I deemed a full out attack would be too risky. I played super conservatively to make sure I rarely if ever lost a unit.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:57

I did that mission by saving every time I killed something, and reloading everytime I lost something.

Now, the next mission, I just pulled everything back, lost all of my units, but won thanks to the time and random artillery shells taking out two of their reinforcement routes (not certain it helped).

For the next mission, it is going to be hard...
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Tue 28 Feb 2012 00:14

DeuZerre wrote:I did that mission by saving every time I killed something, and reloading everytime I lost something.

I admit, I did a little bit of that, when something happened which was catastrophic (losing half my units in a skirmish). Generally though, if it was just one unit that died, I took my losses. Though it pained me to no end that I ended that mission with all of my level 5 Bradley CFV scouts dead.

LoudHawk
Corporal

Postby LoudHawk » Tue 28 Feb 2012 00:35

Falcrack wrote:I especially enjoyed the first mission in the "Able Archer" campaign.

I just completed that mission, it took me 2 hours, but I lost NO units at all. :D

Loved that mission.
Founder / Editor-in-chief
Eject Disk Magazine
http://www.ejectdisk.com

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”