[News] -The Ultimate patch- and what Marshals are for

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

[News] -The Ultimate patch- and what Marshals are for

Postby DeuZerre » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:21

Ladies and genlemen, here is what Marshals are currently doing.

Well, we're playing video games. And the test version for W:EE's ultimate gameplay patch.

So we're sharing with you some of the content, the currently most important aspects about it. Hold your horses and don't shout if you cringe on some of them, and remember that we're currently in the second phase of testing, more stuff will be added.

The changes are currently numerous, to say the least, and aren't all decided yet. This will just be a broad, non specific list of changes.

Our goal was to make most underused units interesting and to nerf the slightly overpowered units.

IMPORTANT changes and non-changes:
- No ATGM will see its AP changed. The ATGMs will be debuffed in other ways like availability, reload time and accuracy, in a case-by case basis. (Blame Eugen)
- No major gameplay changes: Veterancy, critical damage, etc... All of these stay. There may be a "Fix" to a "broken" mechanic, but we'll be certain "When it's done" and provide information accordingly.

General changes:
- ATGM jeeps availability change so they're still efficient but hard to replace..
- Command jeeps buff.
- "Good" optics recon buff so they are as interesting as "Very good" optics recon.
- Tanks rebalancing between one another.
- Low quality flamethrower infantry availability buff.

Faction-wide changes:
- Big NATO AA rework, some of them asked for a long time. Roland 2 has been tweaked in particular.
- NATO minor artillery and Autocanon AA price tunings
- NATO pricey air units' price decreased while some spammed units' price gets increased.

- PACT supplies important changes to rebalance with NATO, with ups and downs.
- PACT recon (in particular air) becomes more interesting
- PACT autocanon AA gets many changes
- Fair number of changes on IFVs.

We won't go into more specific aspects yet, keep in mind that it's still work in progress. The changes AREN'T biased for one faction or the other since we have raving fanatics from both sides at our disposal, and there will be no game-changing (Aka "Major") changes that weren't perfectly tested and spammed beforehand. We also try to keep the changes good for every kind of play style.

Some other changes not related to game balance are to be expected but currently under taking our ever so vigilant testing measures... And Eugen's programming skills.

So, with this, I hope all of you readers are frustrated enough by the lack of information, but hooked by the little bits that have been shared.
Last edited by DeuZerre on Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Covert-141
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: [News] -The Ultimate patch- and what Marshals are for

Postby Covert-141 » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:23

Thanks for the update DeuZerre.

croyman
Corporal

Postby croyman » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:23

Seems promising :D

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:35

Just remind you about that discuss
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=15590
Devide afghanskii gun for two slots - AA with no AP and ground with 1 Ap was best answer

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:39

No ATGM will see its AP changed.

Max_Damage
Lieutenant

Postby Max_Damage » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:41

DeuZerre wrote:The changes AREN'T biased for one faction or the other since we have raving fanatics from both sides at our disposal.

The abundance of raving fanatics on nato side is worrying. Also i would like to note that biased raving fanatics shouldnt be balancing anything they need to be tended to medically xD.

Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:43

I honestly feel like jeeps arent the issue... they are easy to deal with. My GDR ATGM UAZs die in swaths killing only one or two tanks. With veterancy.

Not sure about the I-TOW jeeps though, but I rarely see them too.

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:51

Commissar Fuklaw wrote:I honestly feel like jeeps arent the issue... they are easy to deal with. My GDR ATGM UAZs die in swaths killing only one or two tanks. With veterancy.

Not sure about the I-TOW jeeps though, but I rarely see them too.

I use them all the time. They price seems to be perfectly balanced with their vulnerability to artillery fire and low ammo.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Thu 17 Jan 2013 18:09

DeuZerre wrote:- No ATGM will see its AP changed. The ATGMs will be debuffed in other ways like availability, reload time and accuracy, in a case-by case basis. (Blame Eugen)
- ATGM jeeps availability change so they're still efficient but hard to replace..

Don't quite like the way this is going. The AP buff was way beyond extreme, it's as simple as that.
DeuZerre wrote:- Big NATO AA rework, some of them asked for a long time. Roland 2 has been tweaked in particular.

*sighs* Wasn't it already settled that NATO had inferior AA because it had air superiority, making things perectly balanced?
DeuZerre wrote:- NATO minor artillery and Autocanon AA price tunings

As far as I'm concerned, regarding tube arty, everything that isn't AMX Auf1 requires a major buff. It is by far the best performing AND the best value for money NATO artillery unit if you don't count MLRS or mortars. The Abbot comes close second, though.
DeuZerre wrote:- NATO pricey air units' price decreased

Nearly all NATO ATGM helos should have their price reduced. They're extremely situational and don't get job done quickly enough when it's needed.
DeuZerre wrote:while some spammed units' price gets increased.

I'm guessing you're talking about the Gazelle Canon? If it's true then imo this change is based on unfounded whining. It's a fragile, situational poorly armed, range lacking helo that can be totally dealt with using cheap HMG carriers. Also, it's one of the reasons why NATO doesn't need better AA. I strongly disagree with any changes leading to decline in diversity and asymetric balance, making the game less interesting.
DeuZerre wrote:- PACT supplies important changes to rebalance with NATO, with ups and downs.

Pact supplies nerf? Would rather see NATO supplies buffed.

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 17 Jan 2013 18:15

How can you deduce a buff when he only said "rework" ?

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”